My family

Why dont you let Miss Kat stay with your mon for a few hours so she can see how Miss Kat functions and hear? so she'll be able to see for herself

She stays with her a lot and my mom has convinced herself that Miss Kat understand the things she says. She doesn't she is just a really good faker!

She stays with her a lot and my mom has convinced herself that Miss Kat understand the things she says. She doesn't she is just a really good faker!

oh? why is that? sorry if you have already told this story before. you can PM me if you like.

Miss Kat is probably aware of the sittuation between your mom and your family so she probably finds ways to trick your mom. How is Miss Kat doing today with her CI?

oh? why is that? sorry if you have already told this story before. you can PM me if you like.

Because they love each other and like to spend time with one another! While my mom and I disagree, she still loves Miss Kat. She just hasn't accepted that she is Deaf. I think it is hard for her because of the progressive loss and because Miss Kat does hear lots of sound with her aids, just not speech. Also, my mom has some trouble dealing with tough reality, it is her coping mechanism to just ignore. Plus, she just has never done the research so she thinks that Miss Kat can hear and talk without trouble.

Because they love each other and like to spend time with one another! While my mom and I disagree, she still loves Miss Kat. She just hasn't accepted that she is Deaf. I think it is hard for her because of the progressive loss and because Miss Kat does hear lots of sound with her aids, just not speech. Also, my mom has some trouble dealing with tough reality, it is her coping mechanism to just ignore. Plus, she just has never done the research so she thinks that Miss Kat can hear and talk without trouble.

I see! but... I mean why isn't she living with you most of time? I don't mean to lecture you since I have no child but I hear this all the time - a child needs stability and consistency. I think you should take immediate action to fix this situation. Your daughter obviously loves both of you but growing up with 2 adults with 2 drastically different views are not a healthy environment for a child to grow up in. It creates a great deal of confusion and self-denial.

after all... this is your child and only you should dictate everything for your daughter, not your mother. it's time to show some tough love. either your mom must abide by your term regarding your child or she should piss off. sorry

just my little :2c:

I see! but... I mean why isn't she living with you most of time? I don't mean to lecture you since I have no child but I hear this all the time - a child needs stability and consistency. I think you should take immediate action to fix this situation. Your daughter obviously loves both of you but growing up with 2 adults with 2 drastically different views are not a healthy environment for a child to grow up in. It creates a great deal of confusion and self-denial.

after all... this is your child and only you should dictate everything for your daughter, not your mother. it's time to show some tough love. either your mom must abide by your term regarding your child or she should piss off. sorry

just my little :2c:
She lives with me and my husband 100% of the time. She just visits my mom at least once a week. There is no "living arrangement" problem.

She lives with me and my husband 100% of the time. She just visits my mom at least once a week. There is no "living arrangement" problem.

oooh ok I understand better now. I'll have to revise my suggestion. I want to suggest that every loved ones that your daughter adores should be on same boat.

What's needed is some boundaries, and explain to her that she's your child. Explain to her that you did all of the research to find out what's best for your child and that she didn't. That's the difference. I don't mean take her away from your mother and have a bad family relationship. I think this is not a good thing to ruin a relationship over. In the meantime, know that maybe your mother will come around eventually when she sees that your decision is what's best for your child. She just doesn't know it yet to admit it. Just keep a tight lip when she talks about what she thinks is right and change the topic. It's not worth arguing and ruining a relationship over.

Best wishes.

Denial is one of the most powerful defense mechanisms there is. Your mother is deep in its throes.

Back