My Dogs ( pics! )

Mama2AFTIV, yay, finally post your dog's picture! ;) Cute doggie, by the way!

oh cute !!! I will try and dig up old pic of my old JRT. Spot is 4 months old and will be seeing a vet next fri for follow up rountine vaccination shots. Spot won't be that happy!

Each breed is different, Most terrier is territorial animals, meaning they don't like any other animals around his or her "Home". When you do research, and check to see wheather this breed is territorial or not, then you will know.

Jack Russell Terrier is DEFINETLY territorial. They are breeded for hunters! So, expect them to chase animals all the time. The nice thing about JRT is that JRT is very LOYAL to his or her master! Can't stay away from master for more than 4 hous or will go nuts. JRT will always alert his or her master of any changes in surrounding like break ins. JRT is average guard dog.

RebelGirl said:
You have a Jack Russell too??

CatLover, My jack russell isn't very good with other animals and to some people the comes by.. he ends up growling and started to snap at their legs and pants. I want to know why?? He's mama's boy.. that's me.. he's really good with my daughter and loves to play tag etc.. just not good with other people or animals :squint:

oh yeah JRTs are most terriortial... My dog did kill crows trying to steal her dog food. I ended up cleaning up the blood mess that she created after her murder thing. It was disgusting by the way bec one time a brain came out from crow's head... :shock:

They are great hunters to kill mole/vole something that ruins your yard.

Exactly! My concern is that my JRT will be chasing those poor squirrels in my back yard! I have plenty of squirrels. But hope my JRT will chase away these ground hogs. I am not crazy about them, they dug under my house, grrrr!

Yup, I have JRT!

I once had Staffordshire Terrier, very territorial. Worse than JRT. She killed alot animals, including porcupines, and snake! The only animal that she learned lesson and refused to fool around is horse! Yes, horse already kicked her jaw and threw her about 20 feet away! Had to send to vet with lots of stitch. Blood is everywhere. BUT, after that she refused to go near horse! What a major lesson for her!

downing said:
oh yeah JRTs are most terriortial... My dog did kill crows trying to steal her dog food. I ended up cleaning up the blood mess that she created after her murder thing. It was disgusting by the way bec one time a brain came out from crow's head... :shock:

They are great hunters to kill mole/vole something that ruins your yard.

oh we have those woodchucks...we have squrriels... but no JRTs here.. Just a Chi.. haha.. but worse part that we can't really leave small dogs out in the back bec we have hawks and vultures that would swoop in and pick up our dogs away.. yikes. :shock:

diehardbiker65 said:
Each breed is different, Most terrier is territorial animals, meaning they don't like any other animals around his or her "Home". When you do research, and check to see wheather this breed is territorial or not, then you will know.

Jack Russell Terrier is DEFINETLY territorial. They are breeded for hunters! So, expect them to chase animals all the time. The nice thing about JRT is that JRT is very LOYAL to his or her master! Can't stay away from master for more than 4 hous or will go nuts. JRT will always alert his or her master of any changes in surrounding like break ins. JRT is average guard dog.

My JRT is very protective of me, my fiance would wrestle with me, my JRT would attack him in a playful way and start barking at him.

Oh yeah, you tell me about it when I'm gone more than 4 hours.. I once went camping for the weekend, my neighbor took care of him, anyway, when i came home, the cage was turned upside, my plant was turned over, chewed up my flip-flops.. I can see he was pissed at me but happy to see me home.. I can see he goes crazy when i'm not at home.

he always sit with me on the computer chair or lay beside me on the floor.. he's a sweetheart.

he's bad about getting in my trash and carry it under the couch.. grrrr

Mama2AFTIV said:
Hope it work this time! This is my baby, JRT Tahoe. She is 11 1/2 weeks old.

Soooo cute!!!!! Here's my doggy at 11 weeks.. now he's 1.. they're most cute when they're puppies!

Attachments

• Smokey@11wks1.jpg
    Smokey@11wks1.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 7
downing said:
This is my now 4 months old Chihuahua, his name is Spot.

I used to have a Jack Russell, her name was Koko, she lived up to be 17 yrs. Yes, JRT is a wild dog but it's all worth it!

How cute! I've never had a chi all my life.. but its soo cute! I love dogs as well as cats too.. I just need a bigger home with fence then i'll have lots of it!!!!

lmao, dhb, my neighbor told me that his dog ( JRT ) had a lot of digging which is tried to escape the yard and tried to get into my yard with my dogs. Also, he told me that his dog does kill small animals and he said he brought some dead mice, birds, other small animals into the house. :dizzy: Anyway, I remember last 2 years ago, Spike killed a wild rabbit in my backyard! I remember that time in early morning when the dogs wanted to go outside for bathroom then I noticed something in Spike's mouth in distance in backyard, I was wondered what's that is. I called them to come in, Spike approached at the door then he dropped the dead rabbit on the porch's floor next to the door! I was freaked then I ran upstairs to wake up my father to tell him what happened. My father was half-awaked and was like, "huh"? "what"? lol I told him to come downstair now and take a look outside! lol

Gee! thats not good! I got wild rabbits in my backyard too!

catlover_Amy81 said:
lmao, dhb, my neighbor told me that his dog ( JRT ) had a lot of digging which is tried to escape the yard and tried to get into my yard with my dogs. Also, he told me that his dog does kill small animals and he said he brought some dead mice, birds, other small animals into the house. :dizzy: Anyway, I remember last 2 years ago, Spike killed a wild rabbit in my backyard! I remember that time in early morning when the dogs wanted to go outside for bathroom then I noticed something in Spike's mouth in distance in backyard, I was wondered what's that is. I called them to come in, Spike approached at the door then he dropped the dead rabbit on the porch's floor next to the door! I was freaked then I ran upstairs to wake up my father to tell him what happened. My father was half-awaked and was like, "huh"? "what"? lol I told him to come downstair now and take a look outside! lol

:lol: sound like my dad s dog BO always bring dead animals to parent s house yard, anyway ur dogs re so cute HOPEFULLY u can show us ur 13 cats pix someday ;)

Back