Museum of Menstruation

Nancy

Reaction score
Thought you all, especially the women, would like to see this one. :)

It's unique, though.

Click here:
http://www.mum.org

Interesting. I read something in "glamour" about that new pill that lets you only have your period once every 3 months. It sounds a bit unstable if you ask me. I dont like my period but its not bad enough where I'd wanna get rid of it. I dont get bad cramps or stuff. I get a bit whiney but I think thats about it. But I guess it works for some people. :)

However, that wouldn't be good for some gals. Missing a period is usually a warning or sign of pregnancy. What if you were on those pills and accidentally got pregnant. You probably won't know that you were pregnant and have to depend on other visible symptoms. :(

It's true...having menstruations assist in having a normal cycle and cleans out the lining of the uterus of old blood and build up in each cycle....but if it's not done, I believe it could increase chances of developing endometetrisis (spelling) -- blood clotting and build up on the outside of the uterus.
Lack of having menstruations will decreases chances of falling pregnant if one wanted a baby.

I think oddball could get a full time job working there

wow -- it was definately interesting! and would be interesting to the women to read that website that has the answer to what women used when they were on their periods in older days and what was done abt it -- :thumb: thanks Nancy for posting that unique site! :)

Being a former breast cancer consultant/educator, I disagree with the idea of suppressing periods because they are very critical in development of breast cancer or not. Both are strongly linked to each other and also with pregnancy.

No use to mess around with Mother Nature...human manipulation have lead to many health problems for women due to hormone replacements, birth control pills and suppressing menstruation before its natural time of menopause.

Putting up with periods on a monthly basis is not bad compared with putting up with serious health problems.

Well Said Meg!!

I'm impressed to hear you were a former breast cancer consultant/educator, what exactly do you do?...I'm sorry if I am off-topic here but I do find this very interesting, Wondering if you can created a thread about it, just to learn more of this!

Why don't we use this opportunity to share our secrets here?

For example, whenever my girlfriends start their period, they would say...

"Rats, I'm on full moon tonight"

"Yesterday, my Aunt Ruby came to visit with me. We got into fight. I called for my Cousin Adeve and she calmed both of us down...."

"You know, whenever I am on the time of the month, it's when I'm being crowned as Amazon queen with male hapless balls necklace around me...."

"I'm on RAG today. RAG NAG RAG NAG RAG!!"

"I'm feeling good today. I'm flow-ing!"

"Oh boy, I'm so relieved. I thought I was late and never before I am so thrilled to see all those red squirting thing coming out again..."

Any idea gals?

well you can still get your period while you are pregnant. it happens sometimes it's called "spotting"

I remember on TV's "The Cosby Show" when youngest Huxable kid, Rudy, had her first period...and Claire (her mom) decided to make that day "Woman's Day". I remember watching that one when it first ran around 1989 or 1990. :) Oh, and on this episode, someone mentioned on that show about "Aunt Flo". :)

Nancy

BabyPhat21 said:
well you can still get your period while you are pregnant. it happens sometimes it's called "spotting"

Really? Oh shit.. I'm fuc|(ed... Better run to the doctor..

I tried a discussion about the seasonale pill in another forum, but they just bitched about it (maybe they were on PMS?). :type: You can read about it at seasonale.com. I really disagree with this pill, and I am not too happy that they are advertising this pill on t.v. with all women dancing happily :nono: . Sometimes my period days are shit, but it's not enough to make me want to scream for a cure. It's supposed to be that way, women ARE supposed to menstruate in every month. It's a pity that mothers probably never told the girls the good about menstruation and how to deal with them.

The only thing I approve of this pill is if you have a disease like POV or something like that that makes women menstruate heavily with bad cramps and other syndromes.

My mom told me about the types of pads that she used. It sounds uncomfortable, but I won't discuss it here :nono:. I am just glad we got pads. :wiggle:

Last edited:
Back