MSNBC: Texas to let teachers bring guns to school

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whatever you say, jiro. It's all here in black and white. Pretty obvious who has been completely unable to substantiate their claims and come up with half baked solutions.:roll:

and same for you. you're unable to substantiate your claim about "average armed citizens" going berserk and trigger-happy.

"average armed citizens" going berserk and trigger-happy.

Where ya been? They're everywhere (i.e., all over recent incidences and, with Columbine High's timeline, expected). I've yet to hear of a teacher who has prevented a mass-murderer by having a gun within the side.

The element of surprise takes us, all, by surprise . . . or is that something you'd not be willing to accept?

Where ya been? They're everywhere (i.e., all over recent incidences and, with Columbine High's timeline, expected). I've yet to hear of a teacher who has prevented a mass-murderer by having a gun within the side.
how? it was banned, silly. Several colleges have allowed students to carry CCW and I've yet to hear of a student who have accidentally fired at anybody out of fear/confusion/etc. :cool2:

The element of surprise takes us, all, by surprise . . . or is that something you'd not be willing to accept?
Why not? Air Marshals are plain-clothes cops with CCW hiding among the passengers in a jumbo jet. I don't see any problem with that. Do you? People with uniforms (cops, security) are easy targets and can be taken down easily.

and same for you. you're unable to substantiate your claim about "average armed citizens" going berserk and trigger-happy.

Do you ever pick up a newpaper or watch a news broadcast, jiro?:roll: Substantiation for that is everywhere. All you have to do is open your eyes.

Talk about hypocritical...you are proposing that teachers go armed because of the danger of "average armed citizens" going berserk and trigger happy and shooting up a school, yet you then turn around and say "it never happens". You need to find a position and stick with it. You are all over the place with your contradictions.

how? it was banned, silly. Several colleges have allowed students to carry CCW and I've yet to hear of a student who have accidentally fired at anybody out of fear/confusion/etc. :cool2:

Why not? Air Marshals are plain-clothes cops with CCW hiding among the passengers in a jumbo jet. I don't see any problem with that. Do you? People with uniforms (cops, security) are easy targets and can be taken down easily.

Again, stop confusing the issue. You are talking about a completely different situation. We are discussing the risks of teachers going armed in schools full of students...not air marshalls in a plane. You keep stepping out of the topic in an attempt to justify your position, and are using fallicious comparison to do so. It just doesn't hold water, my friend.

Yes, very interesting. Let's add to the many what ifs in the story:

What if the disturbed shooter's problems had been recognized and treated proactively? What if the principal had taken the time to recognize the problems created in a school that basically ignores the difficulties created in a hostile environment and dealt with them prior to them reaching the level of a shooting? What if the principal had the same amount of concern for all the troubled students within his school, and sought to seek help for these kids rather than passing the buck rather than focusing his concern only on those that needed his assistance only in extreme crisis?

another Jillio's classic obfuscation, huh? Alright - I'll just play around just to appease her little devious insecurity :o

Do you ever pick up a newpaper or watch a news broadcast, jiro?:roll: Substantiation for that is everywhere. All you have to do is open your eyes.

Talk about hypocritical...you are proposing that teachers go armed because of the danger of "average armed citizens" going berserk and trigger happy and shooting up a school, yet you then turn around and say "it never happens". You need to find a position and stick with it. You are all over the place with your contradictions.
and...... links? not even 1 link? And let me correct you there - I am proposing that teachers go armed because of the danger of MENTALLY-ILLED citizen/student/etc. going berserk and trigger happy and shooting up a school. That's a huge difference. What average-armed citizens would do that? :roll: Didn't you pick up newspaper? If you did, you'd remember that in all major school shootings - they were all mentally-illed or have a history of anti-social depressions.

Currently - there are armed students in schools full of students and teachers. So far - not ONE tragic news. Thanks god for that. Also thanks god that they do not have to use it. All of them do not want to use it. Neither do I

Again, stop confusing the issue. You are talking about a completely different situation. We are discussing the risks of teachers going armed in schools full of students...not air marshalls in a plane. You keep stepping out of the topic in an attempt to justify your position, and are using fallicious comparison to do so. It just doesn't hold water, my friend.
I think you're confused. Why don't you let me make it easier for you? Armed teachers with stringent trainings and requirements are no different from Air Marshal. Just because he has no badge does not mean he's any less capable of handling a stressful chaotic situation to identify the shooter.

Why don't Jiro and Jillio get married, they're perfect debating couples. LOL!

Back to the topic.

another Jillio's classic obfuscation, huh? Alright - I'll just play around just to appease her little devious insecurity :o

:laugh2::laugh2: Are you hung over this morning?
and...... links? not even 1 link? And let me correct you there - I am proposing that teachers go armed because of the danger of MENTALLY-ILLED citizen/student/etc. going berserk and trigger happy and shooting up a school. That's a huge difference. What average-armed citizens would do that? :roll: Didn't you pick up newspaper? If you did, you'd remember that in all major school shootings - they were all mentally-illed or have a history of anti-social depressions.

Fromthe master of refusing to provide any form of substantiation?:laugh2:

Here's a novel idea, jiro...how about taking the necessary measures to deal with the mental illness beforea shooting occurs? Could have easily prevented the tragedies. And yes,they all have a history of exhibiting symptoms of mental illness and those symptoms were ignored by those in a position of dealing appropriately with the situation in order to prevent tragedy.
Currently - there are armed students in schools full of students and teachers. So far - not ONE tragic news. Thanks god for that. Also thanks god that they do not have to use it. All of them do not want to use it. Neither do I

Can you, for once, substantiate that claim? And then indicate exactly how it applies? I thought students being armed was a problem for you. They are the ones precipitating the shootings.:roll:

I think you're confused. Why don't you let me make it easier for you? Armed teachers with stringent trainings and requirements are no different from Air Marshal. Just because he has no badge does not mean he's any less capable of handling a stressful chaotic situation to identify the shooter.

Yes, jiro, they are different. One is an educator and one is a law enforcement official. :roll:

What if the disturbed shooter's problems had been recognized and treated proactively? What if the principal had taken the time to recognize the problems created in a school that basically ignores the difficulties created in a hostile environment and dealt with them prior to them reaching the level of a shooting? What if the principal had the same amount of concern for all the troubled students within his school, and sought to seek help for these kids rather than passing the buck rather than focusing his concern only on those that needed his assistance only in extreme crisis?
What if we deal with the facts as they actually were instead of creating scenarios that did not happen?

What if we deal with the facts as they actually were instead of creating scenarios that did not happen?

That's fine. It was your article that brought up the "what ifs". I simply expanded on them.

What you speak of is unrealistic and impossibly difficult. I can't begin to tell you how many students at my high school have similar symptom as shooters. Hell! In fact - millions of Americans and kids are on pills - ranging from Ritalin to Prozac to Zorac - the whole A to Z!! OMG! OMG! :-o

please be a good student and please stfu :cool2:

Why don't Jiro and Jillio get married, they're perfect debating couples. LOL!

We did and got a divorce an hour later. Look in the Guinness Record book. we're in it for world shortest marriage. Shit thing is.... she took my half :mad2:

We will never rid society of guns unless we eliminate the natural phenomenon of internal combustion. A gun is a crude instrument and nothing more than a controlled explosion. America is home to about 250 million of them, and they're with us to stay regardless of law.

If you want to save lives, the answer is simple. Stop keeping guns from the hands of would-be heroes-the only people who obey gun laws. Joel Myrick had a gun, legally in his truck. Myrick and his gun saved lives, but they could have saved more. The lesson: Some guns save lives.

sorry buddy for you = EPIC FAIL! He wasn't trigger-happy, wasn't he? Be glad that the school shooter gets to live and go to mental hospital for you to treat. At least he saved lives with his big gun, not your hokos pokos shrink talk.

What you speak of is unrealistic and impossibly difficult. I can't begin to tell you how many students at my high school have similar symptom as shooters. Hell! In fact - millions of Americans and kids are on pills - ranging from Ritalin to Prozac to Zorac - the whole A to Z!! OMG! OMG! :-o

please be a good student and please stfu :cool2:

No, dear, what you speak of is unrealistic and impossibly difficult, not to mention ill thought out and shallow.

The students on psychotropic medications are being dealt with appropriately. Its the ones that need psychotropic medications and aren't receiving them, the ones that need mental health services and aren't receiving them, and the environmental changes that need to be made within the school that we need to be concerned with. That is where you are making your mistake. Stereotyping, and doing so with a very shallow comprehension of that which you attempt to speak.

When you have something that you are capable of teaching, perhaps I will listen. To date, all you have demonstrated is that you would be very wise to continue to pursue your own education, as you are sadly lacking in the ability to synthezize information and reach logical and valid conclusions.

We did and got a divorce an hour later. Look in the Guinness Record book. we're in it for world shortest marriage. Shit thing is.... she took my half :mad2:

Hmmm.....who was the teacher and who was the student in that situation?:giggle: Owned!!!

Well well, you'd never know when a teacher go postal and start shooting students. Kids make teacher go really nuts, that's when the bleeding happens. Guns is NOT a solution to anything at all and never will. Blame that to the invention of combustion related stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back