Movie on Sunday: "Sweet Nothing In My Ear"

It was a good movie. had a lot of good points from both sides.

Yep the movie is good and I agree that both sides have lot points and as I see it more about hearing and deaf trying to make tough choices in life that can have effect emotionally on both side. Life is also about changes so life is tough when you make tough choices in the situation.

Yep the movie is good and I agree that both sides have lot points and as I see it more about hearing and deaf trying to make tough choices in life that can have effect emotionally on both side. Life is also about changes so life is tough when you make tough choices in the situation.

Agreed. I thought they did a good job of presenting from both sides, and also showing in the end that it doesn't have to be an "us against them" situation.

Wonderful Review but I still disagreed with what you said about the ending. I got the message that it is about family. it is not about the father's decision. it is about all being part of the decision. he finally wake up as he still love his wife and is willing to let it go and be with his wife and their son. Be the Family. Not about HIM. That is the powerful message. That is Love. Best friends are about being together and discuss before they made a BIG decision on things like that. That is huge. thats what i think... :)

Wonderful Review but I still disagreed with what you said about the ending. I got the message that it is about family. it is not about the father's decision. it is about all being part of the decision. he finally wake up as he still love his wife and is willing to let it go and be with his wife and their son. Be the Family. Not about HIM. That is the powerful message. That is Love. Best friends are about being together and discuss before they made a BIG decision on things like that. That is huge. thats what i think... :)

Yes, it was about the family. However, the ending does feel rushed and abrupt. I think it may had been due to the tight running time, or they were just unsure how to conceive the scene.

Banjo good review! I just finished watching the movie since, I am on the west coast lagging time with the east coast heehee.. I enjoyed it and it took me on a emotional roller coaster *tissues* *sniffing* later , smile and a happy ending.

Yes, it was about the family. However, the ending does feel rushed and abrupt. I think it may had been due to the tight running time, or they were just unsure how to conceive the scene.

Yes the ending looks kind of rushed and it ended pretty quickly.

My thoughts/opinion on

"Sweet Nothing In My Ear."

I love how that tv show slightly stayed netural and it's all about family matters. It's pretty sad to watch... As my opinion, it's so awesome movie. I really like how it ended in netrual way - you can't tell if either it is a CI or no CI. Very nice ending, my opinion. Simple and wonderful.

Only some things disappointed me...

- I hate to see cropped screen while there were sign languages in that, because I can't see full of that sign language. It's getting annoy.

- I can 'feel' a jab in offense way by this tv show as if it suggests deafness has a limit. I just don't like it... I actually social with hearing people at my work, I have no problem with commucation by using notebook and to lipread somewhat their speaks. Even I use a such simple sign language like a baby signs, they still understood me. So, I still can able to commucation with hearing people as I always used to. I'm fine with that, so I don't see how it has a limit. What a shame..

- It somewhat bothered me that tv show never mentioned that parent actually can ask their child about CI if this child (Adam) wants it or not. I wonder, why? GRRR!!! Well, it's just a movie. :roll:

- I honestly was feel so uncomfortable with those labels. I meant, why those labels? It's totally unrealistic, my opinion.

- I was annoyed when it slightly suggested me that deafness is an ashamed 'disease'. I hate it. Well, I believe there is no reason to be ashamed to be deaf, it is not matter what if you are sign-only, BiBi, hard of hearing, or whatever you are. Maybe you dont see it way when I see it, again, it's just my thought.

Well, it's just movie/tv show anyway! :ugh3:

But that tv show, "Sweet Nothing In My Ear", is doing so amazing movie. I like it a lot. :)

EDIT: I may not really attention to that tv show, I was actually overwhelded by this. ^_^ I still love it. :D

In my opinion it was a good movie and sad too, I like how the ending turned out where they prefer to make the choice together as a family, this is about Adam's life not the father or the mother's life. I can tell the father wanted this special bond with his son that would hear the sounds like him, and uses his voice that's why he wanted the cochlear implant for his son.

That movie was so awesome, it is the best movie ever I saw. It was so wonderful to see Phyllis Frelich played in the movie, she was my former Drama Class teacher at my Deaf School. Ed Waterstreet is awesome to role Deaf Grandfather actor, it was fabulous explose for the audience hearing people on T.V.

That is a spelendid example confuse for the parents to get the Deaf child cochlear implant. Medical society peer pressure on the hearing parents.

I love this movie !

i did copy DVR last night cuz of my hubby and i watched rent movie that why.. so i am going watch this today..

Back