Mother seeks girl's hysterectomy

Katie will NEVER be better.
no amount of therapies, medical treatments and nursing homes will make her better - she will be in diapers and non-communicative for the rest of her life.

Fuzzy

Never say "never"

Oh for crissake, get off your mighty horse, nobody is being rude to you - your mistake was FUNNY, and you should laugh at it yourself!

geez.

Fuzzy

She made a simple typo error and you laughed about it? hmmm....shes right it was rude....

Yes, I know; I have been told twice above by others. My fault for not reading the article, lol. But my first sentence still stands. The hysterectomy is fine, too, in my view.

Do you want to hear it for the 3rd time? Uh-oh.. :scatter: :giggle:

Has anyone seen the video of Katie?

Is that an enviroment of unloved, uncared for child? Does Katie looks like she would be capable of being an independent person ever???

Fuzzy

:gpost:

I would add that, even if the surgery prevents impregnation, I hope her mom and the staff still watch out for signs of sexual abuse. Treating someone like an inflatible sex toy, or infecting her with an STD is still an awful possibility.

One more point. Children with multiple physical and mental handicaps grow into big adults with those same or worse problems. Maybe mom can take care of cute little 40-lb daughter for several years at home. But what about taking care of a 40-year-old daughter who can't do for herself, 24/7/365? What about elderly mom who can't lift 120-lb., 5'-8" daughter?

Who has walked a mile in her shoes?

You know, you brought up a very good point, Reba. There is always the chance that a hysterectomy could very well make her more susceptible to sexual abuse by caregivers that are inclined in that direction simply because she won't be capable of getting pregnant. Reduces that chances of evil deeds being detected, you know.

Hysterectomy is a permanent and remove total womb - no more period..., not tube tied... to keep ovaries... Just all total ...

And also no more estrogen production, which can, in and of itself, cause other health problems, especially in such a young individual. There is hormone replacement therapy, but that, too carries health risks.

You know, you brought up a very good point, Reba. There is always the chance that a hysterectomy could very well make her more susceptible to sexual abuse by caregivers that are inclined in that direction simply because she won't be capable of getting pregnant. Reduces that chances of evil deeds being detected, you know.

lololol
like ending up visibly pregnant is something better.

Fuzzy

I just got one question, how do they know that period hurts? Not all period is painful.

I would think it's wise to research more on this subject before even deciding. I would ask other parents with children in that type of shape and see if they suffers from having a period.

Every surgery come with risks. I don't know if I would risk a child's life just because I assume that the child would freak out. I think it's more safer to leave person's body alone rather than trying to change it just because...risking damage the body. How far will normal human go before turns on to deaf, blind, or handicapped folks?

The line is getting blur is what I am afraid of...

Yes, I can debate. It's just that you're not seeming to get that Katie is profoundly MR. Not mild or moderate or even severe (toddler level) She is profound. And yes, there are some profound MR kids who are somewhat "high functioning" (eg can walk, and have some words) but there's also profound MR kids who are so severely effected that they don't smile or roll over or even know who their parents are. Katie does seem to be very effected even for a profound MR girl.

Yeah, but I don't believe in removin' the womb. The womb is God's gift for a woman for menstrual, pregnancy and a few.

If, she has a problem like cancer or cysts or anythin' like this in her womb - then, it's a different story. Her mother will do somethin' about it to save her daughter's life. Right now, it is not a life-threatenin' when her mother seeks her daughter's womb to be removed. I don't agree with mother's decision in despite of how badly profound her daughter's mental is.

Yeah, but I don't believe in removin' the womb. The womb is God's gift for a woman for menstrual, pregnancy and a few.

If, she has a problem like cancer or cysts or anythin' like this in her womb - then, it's a different story. Her mother will do somethin' about it to save her daughter's life. Right now, it is not a life-threatenin' when her mother seeks her daughter's womb to be removed. I don't agree with mother's decision in despite of how badly profound her daughter's mental is.

Hysterectomy is also a gift from God.

Fuzzy

I just got one question, how do they know that period hurts? Not all period is painful.

I would think it's wise to research more on this subject before even deciding. I would ask other parents with children in that type of shape and see if they suffers from having a period.

Every surgery come with risks. I don't know if I would risk a child's life just because I assume that the child would freak out. I think it's more safer to leave person's body alone rather than trying to change it just because...risking damage the body. How far will normal human go before turns on to deaf, blind, or handicapped folks?

The line is getting blur is what I am afraid of...

The problem is we have here a less than 2 years old child mentally, who will be "freaking out" every month for 5-7 days average, and unable to tell anything. Considering that it can go for 20, 30, 40 more years... I would say err on the side of not painful periods.

Fuzzy

Hysterectomy is also a gift from God.

Fuzzy

So, are you tellin' me that by " killin' " or " murderin'" is also a gift from God ? :ugh:

Well, if you believe all that, then that is YOUR beliefs. Of course, I disagree with you.............

Back