Mother seeks girl's hysterectomy

EVERYONE........this girl has PROFOUND MR.

PROFOUND MR. She's essentially a BABY! This is a FAR cry from sterializing dhh folks, or mild mr folks or other disabled folks.
One thing that nobody's brought up as of yet, is that MR folks are at HUGE risk for being sexually abused. especially those with profound and severe MR (b/c they can't tell anyone about it) What's better? Her being sterilzed or her being sexually abused in a home so she gets pregnant?

:gpost:

I'm against Euthanasia in most cases as it can often be misused.

When I first lost my sight I felt so depressed I wanted to kill myself. I didn't have any possitive experiences of deafblindness and I just wasn't used to it. However, I'm ever so glad that this option wasn't open to me as I'm now happy to be alive.

I think this case is entirely differant though. I used to do massage at day centre who had several people with severe/profound learning difficulties. Everything is decided for them anyway. Even what they eat. So I don't know why all this fuss is made about the mother wanting a hysterectomy. I would have one but my doctor won't agree to it.

I'm against Euthanasia in most cases as it can often be misused.

When I first lost my sight I felt so depressed I wanted to kill myself. I didn't have any possitive experiences of deafblindness and I just wasn't used to it. However, I'm ever so glad that this option wasn't open to me as I'm now happy to be alive.

I think this case is entirely differant though. I used to do massage at day centre who had several people with severe/profound learning difficulties. Everything is decided for them anyway. Even what they eat. So I don't know why all this fuss is made about the mother wanting a hysterectomy. I would have one but my doctor won't agree to it.

What if a person has a terminal illness that causes so much pain and suffering in which the person has expressed the need to end his/her life?

Gosh, I wouldnt want to live out my last days in so much pain and suffering and have to watch my family suffer along. That was what happened with my step-mother's sister with breast cancer. She suffered with it for 5 years and finally died last week. Her husband lost 80 lbs from the stress associated with dealing with his wife's suffering. She did express several times that she wanted to end her life but we all know that is illegal here. Arent our own lives our own decision?

I don't support euthanized because this means that anybody like medical practitioner can euthanize another person and may be charge for "murder!", why can't they think of another methods?

WOW. Never thought that losing sight can make anyone go depress enough to make suicde but now you became understanding and accept the result. Man what a brave person you are. You got my totally respect!!

Umm, what does this have to do with this euthanized and the girl's hysterectomy. Perhap, I need to drink coffee and read all post again. (sleepy)

It all boils down to the fact that you can not give that
much power to another human. It will get abused.
Someone WILL lose their life that wanted to live it.
There are methods to stop pain from terminal illness.
Radio Waves at specific frequencies are cheap and
really effect at stopping pain. But of course in this
country they are not paid for by insurance. I have one
of these machines to treat illness and pain for my own
family and anyone else I can help. There is a clinic
about 21 miles from my home that allows people to
come in and use their machines for free. The government
tried to close them down of course but failed to keep
them closed. See that is my point! You can not trust
any agency or anyone with that kind of decision making
power over your life.

Radio Waves? what's that? and what kind of pain do you treat in your family with it?

Fuzzy

Dear Aders,

If you are continue to talk about euthanasia or assisted suicide then the thread here is not right.

Again, I would suggest you to create a new thread if you want to talk about assisted suicide or post
http://www.alldeaf.com/current-events/14898-assisted-suicide.html

Remember, hysterectomy and assisted suicide are not the same thing. Please stick the topic if we want to talk about hysterecotomy only.

Thank you

Rife Frequency Generator

Radio Waves? what's that? and what kind of pain do you treat in your family with it?

Well Fuzzy, not only can you treat pain with radio wave frequencies, you
can kill bacteria, viral infections, fungal infections and you can promote
healing with these frequencies.

The machine I use is called a "GB-4000" and it is a 20MHz Sweep/Functioin
Generator. My generator is the only one that can run multiple frequencies
at a time. Other ones on the market can only one run at a time which is
tedious and increases treatment time.Over the past 20 years, FDA has approved EMF generators for two medical uses. The devices are used frequently to treat bone fractures that have stopped healing. EMF treatment is also increasingly being applied to fuse spinal vertebrae in people with intractable back pain. However the machines have many more treatment
uses including cancer. The cure rate for these machine in reguards to cancer
is much higher than chemotherapy or even natural cures alone, (which have
a higher survival rate then chemo alone.)

As I said before there are free clinics springing up all over the US that
people can visit and get as many treatments as they can for free. (of
course the clinics hope you will get tired of coming there 3 times a
week and buy one of the machines) The machine I have currently
costs $1800 on line. (I paid $3000 for mine 5 years ago, but it has
more than paid for itself as I have a family of 8 and I have treated
infections, asthma, flue, etc with it, successfully. BTW if anyone
has hearing loss that is viral or bacterial in origin this machine could
treat that.

As for pain, any pain is treatable with this machine, and I run the program
for back pain to help with the pain I have from the injury I recieved
while in the Army that caused me to have back surgery.

I treat my moms chronic pain from thrombophlebitis, and my husbands
muscle pain when he over works. I even treated him for Hanta Virus
because he had been exposed on the job, (he never got sick so we
will never know if it worked:giggle:)

Any way one word of caution, as with any treatment modality to not
use to excess and the above machine is the only one I would recomend
and there are lots of dishonest people on the net selling pretend devices.
Do research befor you buy.

Well Fuzzy, not only can you treat pain with radio wave frequencies, you
can kill bacteria, viral infections, fungal infections and you can promote
healing with these frequencies.

Thanks for explanation.

Fuzzy

I am surprise about her comment like this. I don't know either she know or not that Cerebral palsy people can do with their successful to go school, make friends or playing... also married and have children as well... ?

If I has a cerebral palsy child then I would search the information how to help my child WITHOUT get surgery...

Many parents think surgery is the best and easy solutation to aviod "diease"...

Those situation remind me of Rosemary Kennedy... I am the fan of Kennedys and read the books and watch their TV documents... like Royal families...

Anyway, Rosemary was lively person which is normal for her age. Her father Joe Kennedy send her daughter to an unnecessary brain surgery because he thought the surgery is an easy solution for her social behavior. After brain surgery, it destory Rosemary's life permanelty paralyzed...
I'm watching a History special about the Kennedy family now. Rosemary was a very pretty young lady. But she was born with an IQ of 60 - 85, they said. As she got older, she got more frustrated because she couldn't keep up with her competitive siblings. She got more difficult to "control", so her father arranged to get her a lobotomy. The father didn't even tell his plan to his wife. The surgery didn't succeed, and Joe sent his daughter away to an institution.

Very sad.

this event of information made me so mad!! :mad:
*sighs!* It's getting so annoy..

That's why some deafies (including me) refuse to accept as a disabled person because if I do... then people will assume me easily as an "abnormally"handicapping person and shrug off.

First off, the disability is NOT a disease nor handicap neither. :pissed:
Second, "disabled" people are a such similar to "enabled" people, besides, there is no different anyway!

Poor that girl... :(

I'm watching a History special about the Kennedy family now. Rosemary was a very pretty young lady. But she was born with an IQ of 60 - 85, they said. As she got older, she got more frustrated because she couldn't keep up with her competitive siblings. She got more difficult to "control", so her father arranged to get her a lobotomy. The father didn't even tell his plan to his wife. The surgery didn't succeed, and Joe sent his daughter away to an institution.

Very sad.

Yes, that was a bit of the history of the Kennedy family that was kept hush-hush for quite a while.

Back