Mother Charged in Fire That Killed Kids

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheri

Prayers for my dad.
Premium Member
Reaction score
WARREN, Pa. (May 23) - A mother was charged Monday with criminal homicide and arson in connection with a house fire that killed her two young daughters, police said.

Amy N. Niver, 29, allegedly told a firefighter that she set the Sunday night fire because the father of one child had tried to take the girls the day before, police said.

"He will never get my babies," Niver allegedly told the firefighter, according to an affidavit. Police also said the woman described using gasoline to set the blaze.

The bodies of 2-year-old Emma Wightman and 8-year-old Hanna Niver were found in a second-floor bedroom.

A message left on a still-working answering machine at the home was not immediately returned Monday night. It was not immediately clear if Niver had an attorney.

Source:http://aolsvc.news.aol.com/news/article.adp?id=20050523231709990013

:confused:

Is that her reason of killing her precious daughters? What a lame excuse for a mother. Something is so wrong with this society. Some people are so stupid, I'm telling you. :ugh:

:eek: I don´t understand a mother who killed her fucking OWN babies because she born them after 9 happy months.... :ugh:

If the children's father tried to take the girls away from the mother then why the heck didn't she report the police then or had done something else by going thru the court system, but she had to kill her children in order to protect them from their father...It seem that those innocent children got caught in the middle between a mother and a father, when parents are suppose to protect them not kill them....I hope this mother spend her life in prison for being stupid!

I feel really bad for those girls, such a shame they had to have a mother like HER!

It is not about "stupid". It's about "emotional" problem that the father pushed the button over to make her mad. I think that the father shouldn't be doin' that to her.

I know, it is insane to burn the house down while the kids are inside the house. The mother is like a "mother" bear to protect her children from the father for some reasons.

CyberRed said:
It is not about "stupid". It's about "emotional" problem that the father pushed the button over to make her mad. I think that the father shouldn't be doin' that to her.

I know, it is insane to burn the house down while the kids are inside the house. The mother is like a "mother" bear to protect her children from the father for some reasons.

That gives her no excuse to kill her babies I don't care how you look at it. Sounds like you supporting her emotional issue. Try being on the daughters side instead of the mother's side. :ugh:

That is terrible. :( poor the girls. I hate to see so many kids getting in the world for every years.

Cheri said:
That gives her no excuse to kill her babies I don't care how you look at it. Sounds like you supporting her emotional issue. Try being on the daughters side instead of the mother's side. :ugh:

Did I say that I support on her "emotional" issue ? That's not what I am sayin'. Geez whiz You always assumed.

All I can see that the father pushed somethin' over to make her MAD. That's what caused her "emotional", just because she is a mother of her kids. Both parents should have sit down and work things out to calm her, so she wouldn't have killed her kids by burnin' the house down. I mean, come on -- think twice !

Communication is important !

well, I would put blame on both parents for lack of communication between both of them. You dont know father's story, He may have reason why he has to take children away from mother, Think about it, Mother may have harm the children turn out she did it by set up the fire and killed her 2 children just to revenge on the father As if that was the case. So I would blame mother for her wrongful action by kill her children. IF she dont want her children being taken away, WHY kill children in first place? think about it...killing the children is far worse than being taken away. I would rather let children being taken away than kill my own child for the children's sake. I dont think it the emotional that cause her to do it, IF it was the emotional issue, She would have die in the fire with children because she would not stand in knowing that she killed the children on purpose.

CyberRed said:
Did I say that I support on her "emotional" issue ? That's not what I am sayin'. Geez whiz You always assumed!

Where your respect in responding back without saying "Geeze whiz you always assumed". I am only reading what you stated and If you cannot respond back nicely then as well I would just ignored your post. :bye:

Anyways back on topic. Well said Shiva ;)

Cheri said:

That's disrespectful way you say about my POV. You started it afterall. :bye:

hey Miss P that is not necessary to insult someone like that...

CyberRed said:
That's disrespectful way you say about my POV. You started it afterall. :bye:

Oh that line? I didn't meant to be disrespectful. Sorry. :Oops: I meant was it doesn't matter how it looks if the father wants the children, There is no reason in the world to kill any innocent children.

I didn't explain my post clear enough. Oopsie my mistake on my part.

Shiva said:
hey Miss P that is not necessary to insult someone like that...

I think Miss*P is talking about the mother who killed her kids in the fire. I could be wrong :dunno: Am I correct on that Miss * P?

Cheri said:
I think Miss*P is talking about the mother who killed her kids in the fire. I could be wrong :dunno: Am I correct on that Miss * P?

yeah

Shiva said:
well, I would put blame on both parents for lack of communication between both of them. You dont know father's story, He may have reason why he has to take children away from mother, Think about it, Mother may have harm the children turn out she did it by set up the fire and killed her 2 children just to revenge on the father As if that was the case. So I would blame mother for her wrongful action by kill her children. IF she dont want her children being taken away, WHY kill children in first place? think about it...killing the children is far worse than being taken away. I would rather let children being taken away than kill my own child for the children's sake. I dont think it the emotional that cause her to do it, IF it was the emotional issue, She would have die in the fire with children because she would not stand in knowing that she killed the children on purpose.

:gpost: Well said there Shiva, you said it perfectly than I could have!!!

Shiva said:

:werd:

It look like that mother did not think of her children's welfare but herself.

She would end to kill herself with her children if she's emotional mental. Why kill only them, not herself? ***shake the head***

I'm agree that the parents should be mature and sit to talk what they do with their children's future. It's mature way to do that instead of kill their children because she don't want her estrangle husband to take her children away.

Shiva said:

Yes, I am aware of that. If, the father knew about the mother's problem - he shouldn't have pushed the "button" to screw her over. Look at what the father have done and it's toooo late to save his children from the fire. There must be somethin' wrong what he did BEFORE the mother started to burn the house down. What made her tick hmm ?

The father should know better and make it an amend with her before she started to think of somethin' that will harm the children. There's NO excuse for the father if, he knew that the mother has an emotional problem in the past...no matter if, I don't know the father's story. It's still NO excuse.

It's a wise not to push the "button" to tick someone, if someone is very vulnerable to somethin' ..........

CyberRed said:
Yes, I am aware of that. If, the father knew about the mother's problem - he shouldn't have pushed the "button" to screw her over. Look at what the father have done and it's toooo late to save his children from the fire. There must be somethin' wrong what he did BEFORE the mother started to burn the house down. What made her tick hmm ?

The father should know better and make it an amend with her before she started to think of somethin' that will harm the children. There's NO excuse for the father if, he knew that the mother has an emotional problem in the past...no matter if, I don't know the father's story. It's still NO excuse.

It's a wise not to push the "button" to tick someone, if someone is very vulnerable to somethin' ..........

I understand your point.

Yes, I'm agree that a father should check with Child Welfare Department first if he KNEW about his estrangle wife's emotional problem instead of threat her. I would say there're faults on both parents's sides. I would say something when I know about father's side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back