Morals?

Cheri

Prayers for my dad.
Premium Member
Reaction score
Do you believe that morality is important in all areas of society?

For example: Every day in the United States of America, children/teens have contract sexually transmitted diseases, become pregnant, begin drinking alcohols, begin doing drugs, crimes are committed on school grounds.

Parents and Teachers should correct inappropriate behaviors. Because, if we don't then our society of children will go out of control, shooting will appears, teens becoming pregnant, drinking, doing drugs and etc. If we find something is wrong before it's too late, We should immediately correct the behavior of the children/teens.

In fact that when a kid is loner, and avoid being around other kids and spending so much time in drawing, Should the teachers should be corner?

If a kid start smoking, the kid may be having problems. Smoking is often because of the peer pressure. A kid need to be taught how to deal with the peer pressure and lead a good life.

Morality is always important, period.

Banjo said:
If a kid start smoking, the kid may be having problems. Smoking is often because of the peer pressure. A kid need to be taught how to deal with the peer pressure and lead a good life.

Morality is always important, period.

Why do you always bring up smoking? trying to offended someone? It's not funny I am being serious here about the whole subject not about smoking only. Laid off my back Banjo sometimes You can be so rude and cruel.

Cheri said:
Why do you always bring up smoking? trying to offended someone? It's not funny I am being serious here about the whole subject not about smoking only. Laid off my back Banjo sometimes You can be so rude and cruel.

How was I being rude and cruel?

You brought up drinking, drugs, crimes, STDs and more. Yet I'm not allowed to bring up the bad habit of smoking? I was just adding more to your thread. Not trying to offend anybody here.

Smoking is a bad and a very unhealthy habit, kids shouldn't be smoking it. I see a lot of kids smoking, even on school campuses. Parents also need to practice what they preach to their children, and talk to them about peer pressure, smoking, drugs, drinking, sex, violence and more among the society. I see smoking as an immoral habit because of how harmful it is to a human body. Just like I believe alcohol beverages are bad for children due to the fact that their bodies are still growing.

Smoking is often the first form of drug that a children use on themselves. After that, some of them will crave for harder and illegal drugs. Cigarettes are like a gateway to illegal drugs especially when they are hanging out with the wrong crowd. Huffing is also a problem among some young people, and the long term effects of it isn't too pretty.

Kids need to be taught the importance of moral values because it'll help pave the path to a better future in comparison to not having any values.

Banjo said:
How was I being rude and cruel?

You brought up drinking, drugs, crimes, STDs and more. Yet I'm not allowed to bring up the bad habit of smoking? I was just adding more to your thread. Not trying to offend anybody here.

Smoking is a bad and a very unhealthy habit, kids shouldn't be smoking it. I see a lot of kids smoking, even on school campuses. Parents also need to practice what they preach to their children, and talk to them about peer pressure, smoking, drugs, drinking, sex, violence and more among the society. I see smoking as an immoral habit because of how harmful it is to a human body. Just like I believe alcohol beverages are bad for children due to the fact that their bodies are still growing.

Smoking is often the first form of drug that a children use on themselves. After that, some of them will crave for harder and illegal drugs. Cigarettes are like a gateway to illegal drugs especially when they are hanging out with the wrong crowd. Huffing is also a problem among some young people, and the long term effects of it isn't too pretty.

Kids need to be taught the importance of moral values because it'll help pave the path to a better future in comparison to not having any values.

That isn't the first time you brought up smoking subject, You have done that in the past several times to do on purpose to offended someone. Starting smoking does not from hanging in the wrong crowd? I started smoking after I had my first child on my own. By the way my boys know smoking is bad. They don't like it when I smoke so, Really Banjo you have no kids yet to understand anything. Good Grief. So, Don't tell me "Parent needs to practice what they preach to their children" That doesn't mean the children would do everything the parent do. Sorry wrong again.

Cheri said:
That isn't the first time you brought up smoking subject, You have done that in the past several times to do on purpose to offended someone. Starting smoking does not from hanging in the wrong crowd? I started smoking after I had my first child on my own. By the way my boys know smoking is bad. They don't like it when I smoke so, Really Banjo you have no kids yet to understand anything. Good Grief. So, Don't tell me "Parent needs to practice what they preach to their children" That doesn't mean the children would do everything the parent do. Sorry wrong again.

Please refrain from making personal attacks. I haven't made any, so please don't resort to such a thing too.

I'm here to talk about the problems with the morality among the children at their homes and schools. I firmly stand by my opinion. Drinking, smoking, drugs, sex, and crime activities shouldn't be encouraged at all. Children need to be educated on the problems surrounding these activities and how important it is for them to understand the dangers and how the society view them.

I do believe that it is quite important for parents to practice what they preach to their children in order to make the biggest impact. Teachers at schools also should be role models to the children. In no way should a teacher encourage such bad activity like drinking, smoking or doing drugs. I've read some horror stories on teachers encouraging children to do such a thing. Heck, even some have sex with them!

Today's society often ignore the problems despite the fact that they decry it at a frequent rate. Screaming about it isn't going to do anything, it's up to the parents and teachers on if they want to change the world or not.

Banjo said:
Please refrain from making personal attacks. I haven't made any, so please don't resort to such a thing too.

It wasn't personal attack, It was the fact. Deny all you want Banjo. I am done with you, Have a good night. ;)

Cheri said:
It wasn't personal attack, It was the fact. Deny all you want Banjo. I am done with you, Have a good night. ;)

Fact? No, that's your opinion of me. I'll always say something about the habit of smoking when I see the opportunity to. This thread is an opportunity for me to bring up the problems surrounding cigarettes. Yes, I am an advocate against smoking especially for minors. I also advocate against drinking, illegal drugs and more for minors. I've made that pretty clear in the past, obviously. No need to take it so personal when I speak of smoking in a negative way.

Stop grasping at the straws and try to discuss the topic that you brought up. I'll rather listen to your viewpoint of the problems surrounding morality and more.

I don't need to be provoked, and I won't tolerate it.

Mod Note:

That's enough, there's no need to go back and forth in this thread--Let's be cool now--

Thank you!

~RR

Yes, the teacher should be concerned when there are signs showing that a child may be a " troublesome " one, by being able to sit down and talk with a child or seek the help for this child and to let the parents be aware of what is going on since it can take a village to help raise a child, so therefore, both parents, the teachers and the community will be able to work together to help this troublesome child with the available resources and services provided....One of the parents' job is to raise their children by steering and directing them in the right path while teaching between right and wrong and leading by example and influence themselves....

As a parent it's important to give your child a lot of love, attention and taking the time to listen when your child asks you questions about things such as pregnancy, drugs, smoking and drinking and etc...If you shut them out or don't take genuine interest for their well being or not being reliable , then they might be more tempted to start doing things that are not acceptable...Just listen and be patient no matter how bad it may be and try to understand where your child is coming from, they want your trust , by being available and supportive then that's the only way your child will feel more comfortable and less afraid to come up to you for anything....

Last edited:
^Angel^ said:
Yes, the teacher should be concerned when there are signs showing that a child may be a " troublesome " one, by being able to sit down and talk with a child or seek the help for this child and to let the parents be aware of what is going on since it can take a village to help raise a child, so therefore, both parents, the teachers and the community will be able to work together to help this troublesome child with the available resources and services provided....One of the parents' job is to raise their children by steering and directing them in the right path while teaching between right and wrong and leading by example and influence themselves....

As a parent it's important to give your child a lot of love, attention and taking the time to listen when your child asks you questions about things such as pregnancy, drugs, smoking and drinking...If you shut them out or don't take genuine interest for their well being or not being reliable , then they might be more tempted to start doing things that are not acceptable...Just listen and be patient no matter how bad it may be and try to understand where your child is coming from, they want your trust , by being available and supportive then that's the only way your child will feel more comfortable and less afraid to come up to you for anything....

Well said.

Roadrunner said:
Mod Note:That's enough, there's no need to go back and forth in this thread--Let's be cool now--
Thank you!~RR

Ok, I apology Banjo, Forgive me :mrgreen:

:::back on topic for me::::

Great post ^Angel^, I agree with you on everything you stated. That sure does help. :hug:

I believe morality includes as being honest within yourself and to others around you, and taking the responsibility for their own action. It's important for Parent like us and Teachers too to play a role in the child's life, during school where Parent aren't around Teachers should be aware of any behaviors that doesn't seem to be right, to report it as soon as possible to avoid more problems in later days, months or weeks. I hope parents and teachers are aware of our society involved with children and teens. Their life would go in the right path, if they are taught the right way. ;)

Morals are important...

Morals are very important in life. But most people talk about what we can do with young kids and teens. But the truth is, morals should start as soon as a child learns to crawl, it should take place as soon as a parent is around a child or as soon as a child can observe a parent actually. We learn morals from the people around us, most of all our parents. Teachers can help yes, but real learning of this, comes from home and the type of life you live at home. If we exhibit morals infront of our kids, then they will learn them. There will be times the kids will rebel against us, it is a fact of life, all kids show rebelion at some point in time. This is when we show patience and love and understanding, but still be firm in what we expect from the children we love. Make sure they know what the consequences are and stick to it, being patient and understanding does not mean letting them get away with immoral actions. We can all be our own unique person, but show some morality in it, there is a proper place and time for everything. We can have immoral thaughts, all the time, everyone does, but, when around your children, show morallity and as they grow, our kids will learn to exhibit these behaviors more. But it has to be constant and has to be from birth pretty much. Children learn what they live. It is a fact of life, we can tell them all we want..but they will only copy what they see and here other that what we tell them dirrectly. And smoking, drugs and other things are not always from peer preasure, sometimes a child is just curious and tries things just because they are curious about things, not because they are troubled or even "pushed" into it. We as parents have to know our children, we have to know how to see when they need help, we are the only real hope they have. If our child is being curious, then I feel they should be allowed to experiment, that is another way a child learns, if they are braught up right, more times than most, they will not continue bad habits, some might...only us as parents can tell, IF we know our kids the way we need to. Well, I think that is all for now.
Have a great day!!

teaching morals to children is good to do YES if its done to the best of the parent(s) abilities and how open they are abt various issues to be discussed at hand -- there are also peer pressures that alot of kids have to endure as well so with the right kind of support and encouragements the kids would not dabble in drugs or anything else that would be morally wrong

That can be true to some degree...

There are some kids who just try something and never do it again just out of curiousity. I for example am one of them, when I was a kid. I was braught up with strong morals, but I was curious and did try things...but I never continued doing things except for smoking, I did do that, mainly bacause I was braught up in a houshold where parents smoked. To me smoking is not a moral thing. You can have great morals but smoke. But I did try smoking drugs...but never "got into it" and I did drink under age. But I was taught to be respectful, never drive while drinking etc. I stayed at friends house if I drank. You can experiment but do it safely in a safe environment. I am a decent person, was always a good kid...but I was curious so i tried things...my parents were mot perfect but all in a whole, mainly my mother, showed me what good morals were. So I exhibit those same morals. But see, what is concidered by some as good morals...are viewed as something totally different from what others see it as. That is life...not too many ppl completely agree on anything 100% there will always be different views on everything, tah is how it has been for centuries, and it will not change over night if it ever changes!! So see, no matter what, none of us will totally agree on this...I have my beliefs and you will have yours...I know what I know from MY life experiences, and you believe what you know from yours, we all live different lives, so we all have different views. This is why we are all unique! :) Why life can be so interesting, full of color, because we are all different and wonderful. :) Well, I need to go, have a great day!!!!

the biggest problem is

mom and dad are not being on the same page they are to damn busy for themselves wether theyre divorce not thats alll it takes poepole are too busy for themselves like bush is trying to cut down ss and abuses etc to help out in the future etc thats whyi vote him

Back