Moral dilemma...wwyd?

Well...what nice way tell her??? Not want hurt her feeling, say it because I not want rent her personally.

She has a list of negative attributes longer than your arm and you don't want to hurt her feelings? :lol:

I own house. Could rent axe murderer if want. Lol.

And you cannot rent to a drug abusing person with a criminal record whose own mother evicted her for theft. You don't have to give her a reason.

She has a list of negative attributes longer than your arm and you don't want to hurt her feelings? :lol:

I not see ever any reason hurt someone feelings. She still person.

I will just tell her Dallas decide his brother want room. He does actually, but Dallas never want let him. He 25-26, have Down Syndrome, mental age about 7.

And you cannot rent to a drug abusing person with a criminal record whose own mother evicted her for theft. You don't have to give her a reason.

I agree... do you want your baby around this sunny? I say no. I think you should just tell her that it isn't going to work out with her being a roommate, you don't have to tell her why... but if she presses... you can tell her that you need a safe and stable environment for your child. So you are going to have to look for a different roommate. You are sorry if this has caused her inconvenience, but because you own the house, it is your rules.

I will just tell her Dallas decide his brother want room. He does actually, but Dallas never want let him. He 25-26, have Down Syndrome, mental age about 7.

So, you would rather lie than hurt someone's feelings who no doubt needs a wake up call anyway? Didn't you say this was a moral dilemma? Come on, sunny. Think. Making an immoral act to avoid hurting someone's feelings? You are not responsible for her feelings. You are responsbile for your behavior though.

Why must be me give her wake up call?

I not rent room her, never. I just not want be rude tell her this! This all. Look polite way tell her, without piss her off.

Perfect!

You have not promised her the room, all you said was she could come by and view room, meet Dallas. Let her do that and when finished simply say, "Thanks for coming. We have decided not in big rush to rent the room, we want to be able to interview a few possible roommates before we make a decision. We will call you if we think you are best fit for us." No need to explain anything more to her, just go to the door, smile, open it and show her out.

Why must be me give her wake up call?

I not rent room her, never. I just not want be rude tell her this! This all. Look polite way tell her, without piss her off.

So, politely say, "This isn't going to work out. I can't rent you the room. Thank you for your interest."

Tell her there are too many cops living in the neighborhood....and the guy next door works for the CIA....and the one across the street is FBI...and that there is a lot of Skinheads...and even the KKK and the Hell's Angels living less than a block away...and she would not be safe in ur neighborhood....and of course! before I forget! that the DEA has been canvassing every house in the neighborhood also for months! And ur house is under survelliance.....And you feel your house is "bugged"

Or better yet...tell her that you and Dallas have decided to use the room as a "Nursery" for the Baby!....What better excuse to tell?

A lie is never a perfect solution to anything.

True that!...Before I'd let a criminal live in my home that does drugs, smokes and God knows what else....I'd just say..."Hell NO!...you ain't gonna live here!"

Don't let your own insecurity get in the way and make you feel like you need to be super nice. And I echo Jillio's comments. Don't lie or be dishonest. All you need to be is polite. I am sure this person is probably is aware of her behavior and used to being turned away because of it. She'll get the hint and not bother you about it again.

Just be firm: "I'm sorry, but it's not going to work out." If she asks for a reason (which I doubt she will), then just say, "I can't rent to a drug user. I'm sorry."

Do it in text or email. No need to face her in person.

^^^ there you have it, spoken like a true boss. :thumb:

You can do it, sunny.

A lie is never a perfect solution to anything.

This is true, but neither is the truth when it comes to drug addicted people who want to rent from you.

Also, you know, you are asking the question because you don't want to tell the truth, right? So, however you tell her that it is not available it will not be the truth, no matter how you look at it.

lol @ PFH's suggestion :D

i wouldn't want to rent to a person like that, either. you're smart for not wanting to. she's definitely a person you can't trust at all. just say "i'm sorry, we have decided to rent the room to someone else. thanks for your interest." you have no business to be living with a whackjob like her.

also think about the baby.. you do not want your baby to be around that kind of chaos. you have to be very careful about who's living under the same room as you & your baby. rule #1.. never trust a junkie.

Not really a moral dilemma; just that you have decided not to rent to her. A tenant has legal rights, and you could spend months and money to get her out, once she has established residency. I would not say "We know you are a druggie and a thief" but would find a way to tell her you are simply not interested in having her rent from you. Some people advise you to never lie, but this woman is not a normal person. Looking her in the eye and telling her you know about her past is asking for her wrath. Better to simply say you have decided to rent to someone else. It does not mean you already have that someone already signed; it just means it won't be her.

Back