Mom sprayed 2 year-old for tantrum

M&Mmm

Reaction score
OMG! poor toddler :(

ORLANDO, Fla. -- The mother who was videotaped while spraying her 2-and-a-half-year-old daughter with a high-pressure water hose at an Orlando car wash told authorities she did it because the child was throwing a tantrum.

She told authorities she did not have the hose on full blast, and that it isn't as bad as it looks.

Marlene Diaz, a manager at Magical Car Wash, said she has never seen this type of abuse before.

"You don't do that to a kid," Diaz said. "No child deserves that."

The video showed the child trying to hide her face while the woman pinned her to a wall and sprayed her at close range.

"Disgusted," Diaz said. "I'm mad, infuriated as to how someone could do that to a little child."

Officials said the water shoots out of the hoses with a force of about 1,200 pounds per square inch, powerful enough to create the type of friction and sting from a rug burn.

"Your skin gets red and at times it could peel," Diaz said.

"That's a pressure washer, that's meant to be used on a car, not on a child," mother Carol Felicicano said.

Diaz didn't see what happened until she checked the surveillance tapes, but said she heard the girl crying after the mother stopped spraying her.

Diaz said she also heard the mother say, "You're going to learn to respect me. You don't treat me bad. You don't mistreat me; I'm your mother."

Surveillance cameras showed the mother stripped the girl, leaving her standing in the car wash bay naked, while they grabbed a towel and put her back in the car.

The mother and the child have been taken to a medical facility to have the child checked out.
Investigators said the mother could face child abuse charges.

Mother Talks About Alleged Car Wash Abuse - Orlando News Story - WESH Orlando

I saw the Video on TV last night. Another lady pulled her out of the car and held her for a few sec then backed off, while the mom sprayed her.

Sad

Yes Saw Tv.. Why!!!! What sicko Mom is!!! If I see them.. i will run and stop them! :squint:

I saw it on t.v. and what a shame. That bitch of a mother should have her face slap.

At first, I was thinking... "regular water hose spray"? What could be so bad about that?

Then the article mentioned the water hose spray used for cars. Now, that would hurt!

This disgusted me, what the mother did was plain stupid. Using power pressure washer can cause serious bodily harm, I know this for the fact because my dad owns three of them himself. I've never seen this type of abuse before until now. it's sad to see this happened to a small child. :sigh:

OMG poor child. I cant believe the mother would do that? using the powered pressure to spray a toddler? that is plainly WRONG!

someone need to put the power pressure ON THE MOTHER!!!! show her how it feel to be in the toddler's shoes till she get the "skin rug burns" so she wont do it again..

she need to be charged with child abuse for doing that! stupid!!!!! grrr

I saw this as I was getting my morning coffee!!!!!!!!! I gotta get the hell out of this wacko State. I can't wait to move and get back to Chicago!!!

*smh* Some parents just don't know how to handle a terrible two, Instead they use their own temper on their own child. It's disappointment.

It's important for parents to remain calm and don't give in to tantrums, when handling a children who throws a tantrum, this is just how a child communicate by using their own frustration. This parent isn't ready to be a parent if a parent doesn't control their emotions. It comes with a lot of patiences dealing with terrible two's.

*smh* Some parents just don't know how to handle a terrible two, Instead they use their own temper on their own child. It's disappointment.

It's important for parents to remain calm and don't give in to tantrums, when handling a children who throws a tantrum, this is just how a child communicate by using their own frustration. This parent isn't ready to be a parent if a parent doesn't control their emotions. It comes with a lot of patiences dealing with terrible two's.

Did you see the video?

I saw that on CNN yesterday and that really disgust me!!! Poor little kid! :(

no words can describe what I see at that video. What's so sad about it is that it happens EVERY single F**king day. Seriously. Glad the mother was SO busted. Imagine if the girl grows up and SEE that video.
If only we're allow to do a mob.

:rl::rl::rl:

that lady need to learn to ignore her kids like i did.. i ignored TJ when he had his terrible two tantrums. he realized i was not paying attention one day and he quit. LOL.. it worked! :)

I know it hurts, I had accindently sprayed my foot before when washing my car in sandals. ouch!! the little one is ok............. I hope she gets a long time in jail. :)

I feel bad for this child. I guess that the mother lost her control. It is hard to be patient that kids are very stubborn. It is not easy for Parents that their children have tantrums. Sigh

no words can describe what I see at that video. What's so sad about it is that it happens EVERY single F**king day. Seriously. Glad the mother was SO busted. Imagine if the girl grows up and SEE that video.
If only we're allow to do a mob.

:rl::rl::rl:

:nods:. I'm glad the mother was caught.

Back