Mom Makes Daughter Stand on Street Corner

Hey Hey....
Hold your horses...

Mother's daughter may not ADD.. probably other her daughter is way high bad behavouir.

Liebling's child who has ADD.. isn't suitable like WAY HIGH DISPLINCE..Different issues ADD/ADHD.. should more than 100% strict displince.. will going nuts and out of control.. not worth..

Best as try can displince other way methods suitable for ADD/ADHD..
I do experience goes through my older son who has ADD/ADHD. I cannog give him strict displince.. He'll out of control for sure and can be lead worst become criminal.. I avoid that way.. Only the way simple displince w/my older son and flexible talk and sit down discuss.. Until feel better understanding each together.. That show full love to a child.. A child will feel comfortable attached mother or father's moral supportive and open understanding... THAT KEY!!!

I do believe different way method displince.. If your child is not ADD/ADHD.. then your own displince different way.. You cannot critizite their pov preference. So am I too.
Respect their own pov preference choice of displince.

GalaxyAngel said:
Hey Hey....
Hold your horses...

:rofl: ...

Liebling,

Every child is different, some of their behaviors are unacceptable, sometimes a parents got to do whatever they can to get them to listen, to do what they're suppose to be doing, without harming their child....I do understand that you don't agree on how the mother punished her daug by standing with a poster around her....But that the way her mother feels that her daug deserves that type of punishment, as you do for your own children as well, whatever punishment you feel your children should get etc....

But you can't say this mother is wrong for doing this to her daug, when it is helping her daug improve her grades by taking her homework seriously...It does show that this punishment works ....Not all child would feel the same as you had stated in a few of your posts.....I know it hard to accept the fact that not all parents will punished their children the same way as you would do for yours...so what I'm saying, you got to respect those parents out there who feels that they have done their hardest to keep their children in the right path even some may not agree how they do it....but I have highly respect for this mother because she did not ignore the problem, she took care of it by punishing her daug in a way that would get her attention which it did! :)

You're a very good mother to your childen Liebling, and U know what's best for them and what type of punishment you rather to give each of your child, no one shall tell u otherwise....:hug:

WildKaTReSS said:
:eek: That's embrassing for her to be doing it in public...can't she puish her daugther in private? And find other methods? It can damange her emtionally and mentally in the future...I agree with everything Liebieg says.
Damage her emotionally and mentally in the future? Psychologically speaking, can you prove it? :confused:

^Angel^ said:
:rofl: ...

Liebling,

Every child is different, some of their behaviors are unacceptable, sometimes a parents got to do whatever they can to get them to listen, to do what they're suppose to be doing, without harming their child....I do understand that you don't agree on how the mother punished her daug by standing with a poster around her....But that the way her mother feels that her daug deserves that type of punishment, as you do for your own children as well, whatever punishment you feel your children should get etc....

But you can't say this mother is wrong for doing this to her daug, when it is helping her daug improve her grades by taking her homework seriously...It does show that this punishment works ....Not all child would feel the same as you had stated in a few of your posts.....I know it hard to accept the fact that not all parents will punished their children the same way as you would do for yours...so what I'm saying, you got to respect those parents out there who feels that they have done their hardest to keep their children in the right path even some may not agree how they do it....but I have highly respect for this mother because she did not ignore the problem, she took care of it by punishing her daug in a way that would get her attention which it did! :)

You're a very good mother to your childen Liebling, and U know what's best for them and what type of punishment you rather to give each of your child, no one shall tell u otherwise....:hug:
Excatly! well said... :)

C h a r l i e said:
Liebling:-))) said:
Sure but how long?

Dont ask me that, cuz im not the mother of that girl... U go and ask her! :squint:

Why you made your post like this in first place if you didnt know? :smoking: I ask you directly because you made your post here. :roll: Then do not need to make post if you didnt know.

Originally Posted by C h a r l i e
wOw.. it worked for the girl, she improves her grades.. then i appluase for the mother for what she did..

Catmandu said:
Damage her emotionally and mentally in the future? Psychologically speaking, can you prove it? :confused:

Answer on your question:

Emotional Abuse
In 1997, emotional maltreatment was the presenting problem in 2 percent of the reports made to DSS. While clinical descriptions of child abuse and neglect suggest psychological harm from other forms of maltreatment, practitioners and researchers still struggle to clearly define the nature and consequences of emotional abuse.

A study conducted by noted researchers Garbarino, Guttman, and Seeley in 1987 suggests a pattern of psychologically destructive behavior that constitutes a concerted attack on the child's development of self and social competence.[37] Included are behaviors that reject, isolate, terrorize, ignore, and corrupt the normal development of the child.

Consequences for child victims are devastating. Infants can show non-organic failure to thrive, anxiety, and inadequate social responses. Older children can show signs of feeling unloved, inferior, and negative in their view of the world and themselves. They may show symptoms of fear, anxiety, and aggression. Internalized, these feelings may provoke self-destructive, depressed, withdrawn or even suicidal behavior. Externalized, they can lead to aggressive, impulsive, and violent behaviors.

Emotional maltreatment of children remains one of the least reported and potentially devastating forms of abuse.[138]

http://www.masskids.org/cta/cta_i_ch01.html

If you are interesting to know more about this then go to google because there´re plenty of informations... It´s tooo many information than I can give you here but I pick few and important information.

I already added few links in my previous posts here.
Why Child Abuse Occurs,
Criminal Background of the Perpetrator.
(References at end of discussion)

Child abuse has many faces,
a discussion of the four most common follows:.

1. physical abuse

2. sexual abuse

3. neglect

4. emotional abuse

Parent with limited education, or mentally handicapped parents who perceive what is normal child behavior as misbehaving and punish the child harshly.

4. High risk children

a. Mentally retarded children

b. premature infants

c. infants with chronic medical problems

d. colicky babies

e. children with behavioral problems

5. 10-40% of abusive parents have experienced physical abuse as children.

4. Emotional Abuse

Emotional abuse includes intentional verbal or behavioral acts that result in adverse emotional consequences, emotional neglect occurs when a caretaker intentionally does not provide nurturing verbal and behavioral action that are needed for healthy development.

Emotional abuse can include:

a. rejection

b. scapegoat assignment

c. isolation

d. criticism

e. terrorizing of a child

This is only a statistic not an excuse for abuse.

http://www.childabuse.com/fs19.htm

Emotional, Psychosocial, and Behavioral Development
All types of maltreatment—physical abuse, sexual abuse, neglect, and psychological or emotional maltreatment—can affect a child's emotional and psychological well-being and lead to behavioral problems. These consequences may appear immediately after the maltreatment or years later.

Emotional and Psychological Consequences
While there is no single set of behaviors that is characteristic of all children who have been abused and neglected, the presence of emotional and psychological problems among many maltreated children is well documented. Clinicians and researchers report behaviors that range from passive and withdrawn to active and aggressive.99 Physically and sexually abused children often exhibit both internalizing and externalizing problems.100 Emotional and psychosocial problems identified among individuals who were maltreated as children include:

Low self-esteem

Depression and anxiety

Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)

Attachment difficulties

Eating disorders

Poor peer relations

Self-injurious behavior (e.g., suicide attempts)101

Maltreated children who developed insecure attachments to caregivers may become more mistrustful of others and less ready to learn from adults. They also may experience difficulties in understanding the emotions of others, regulating their own emotions, and in forming and maintaining relationships with peers.102

http://nccanch.acf.hhs.gov/pubs/usermanuals/foundation/foundationf.cfm

C h a r l i e said:
Why you made your post like this in first place if you didnt know? :smoking: I ask you directly because you made your post here. :roll: Then do not need to make post if you didnt know.
just shut up already! gosh! i have the damn rights to post what i think.. and u should not be go around bugging people for more points! knock it off! :ugh2: :ugh2:

u know what, im starting to get SICK of your posts, already! so just shut the FU*K up!

again, remember i have the DAMN RIGHTS TO POST ANYTHING I WANT TO SPEAK FOR! thank you very much............... :squint:

Lieblin' --

I read your post. This is NOT what the mother was doin' in that article I just provided in this thread. She did NOT hit ( physical abuse ) her child. She did NOT yell ( verbal abuse ) at her child. I mean NADA. All the mother ever did was to TEACH her child a lesson for WHAT she have done to HER mother and school by NOT obeyin'/followin' up what is required of her to do.

Education is very important for all kids for their future job/career. It's the parent's responsibility to TEACH. It had nothin' to do with ADD/ or ADHD. The article is NOT talkin' about ADD/ or ADHD. It is talkin' about the child's behavior ( rebellion against school and mother ). That child DON'T have ADD/ or ADHD.

Your situation with your kids are different than what is in the article. I've seen all different kids nowdays. Some are successed -- some are failed. It all depends on their "motivation", if the kids really want to success their education by improvin' their grades. Their brains need "knowledge" by creatin' their skills/talents through learnin'.

I don't want to see the kids go to army/ boot camp, if they don't learn a thing or 2, otherwise they will be in jail for breakin' the law. It's up to kids to make that choices. Jail or Army/ Boot Camp.

It doesn't do any good because Leibling has a narrow scope of what "should be" when there are many, many sides to issues like this one.

I believe the mother's doing this was probably the last of many many behavioral strategies she used with her daughter that we don't know about and this one seemed to have worked. What the mother did most likely will not harm the daughter. Too, the Mom was there with her the whole time, providing protection and tough love because that seemed like the final straw and it worked.

C h a r l i e said:
just shut up already! gosh! i have the damn rights to post what i think.. and u should not be go around bugging people for more points! knock it off! :ugh2: :ugh2:

You do not need to panic because I ask/answer you very simple because you said that "Dont ask me that, cuz im not the mother of that girl... U go and ask her!"

u know what, im starting to get SICK of your posts, already! so just shut the FU*K up!

This is an insult word. I has to report you to Admin. and MOD.

I has the right to share my debate in polite/respectful way with anyone here or other threads. I has no problem with anyone but you. Why can´t I share my experiences with anyone here? Why can´t I ask or answer their questions? If you don´t like then dont post here.

again, remember i have the DAMN RIGHTS TO POST ANYTHING I WANT TO SPEAK FOR! thank you very much............... :squint:

Yes you has the right to say anything what you want but I only ASK you simple question. Is it harm to ask or answer your post? You do not need to blow your head because of my harmless question/answer. This is an insult what you made your póst toward me is not acceptance. What you did here is break AllDeaf´s rule for insult.

Don´t spoil CyberRed´s good thread. I have no problem with her and anyone here...

CyberRed, it´s not physical abuse, I´m talking about but emotional abuse/Psychological abuse. I will answer your post when I´m back. You made some of good point. :thumb:

Tousi said:
It doesn't do any good because Leibling has a narrow scope of what "should be" when there are many, many sides to issues like this one.

Is it forbidden to debate anyone here with agree/disagree respectfully?
Is it forbidden to share my experience with anyone?
Is it harm to answer/ask them questions?

Tousi said:

I believe the mother's doing this was probably the last of many many behavioral strategies she used with her daughter that we don't know about and this one seemed to have worked. What the mother did most likely will not harm the daughter. Too, the Mom was there with her the whole time, providing protection and tough love because that seemed like the final straw and it worked.

Agreed !

for fucks sake!

the mom did not beat the shit out of her..or throw her out of trhe house..or any other crap..she did a simple and effective way of show her kid just where she will end up if she keeps doing what she is doing...

that fucking simple! i grew up in fostercare and i have seen more kids die from drugs ,drinking and ending up on the street than i care to remember...
all of them should have been made to stand on the corner...and you bunch of cry babies complain its embarising... oh boo hoo!!

just 30 years ago she could have taken a belt and beat the hell out of the girl,with out worrying about the cops...and wimps wanna take her from a caring mom becouse she EMBARREST her.....

i wish some stuck my friend jim on the corner...maybe he would still be alive.

Yes you has the right to say anything what you want but I only ASK you simple question. Is it harm to ask or answer your post? You do not need to blow your head because of my harmless question/answer. This is an insult what you made your póst toward me is not acceptance. What you did here is break AllDeaf´s rule for insult.
:thumb:

This is an insult word. I has to report you to Admin. and MOD.
Actually, you don't have to report it. You can just ignore it. But that is your choice.

CrazyMomma said:
Sure, I will.. My parents did to me and it works for them and if my discpliniary doesn't work for my son, I would do the same at the mother and daughter, but I will be there.

I would not do what my parents did to me because I know what it alike.

Cheri said:
I support the mother, teenagers can be suborn you as a parent gotta put a foot down and show those teenagers what has to be done. It isn't so bad what the mother did, she did it because she wants her daughter to have a bright future.

Liebling it's not damaging her own daughter, it's giving her a wake-up call. I respect you for disagreeing with the pattern of how the mother did to the daughter, but I see no harm. ;)

I disagree respectfully.

Sure, the parents think a wake-up works but they didn´t realized what they did to damage their children´s emotional. It may be work but how long? It will comes repeatly. I know what it alike because I beleive my sister´s tips to do something to "wake up" on my eldest son. I realized what I did is wrong since I notice how worst behavior my eldest son is because I want to help him... so I talked teacher, consellor, etc. and then change my form of displinice. Therapies/couscellors told me that "wake-up" will never works because of emotion damage - it could turn them to crime, isolation, problematic behavior, etc. etc. in the future. I rather to be patience with my children and improve their development than punish to teach them lesson in harsh way then face worst in the future.

Back