Moderators

Do you think AD would be better off with more moderators?

• YES

Votes: 37 75.5%
  • NO

Votes: 6 12.2%
  • I'm brain dead and haven't a clue

Votes: 6 12.2%

• Total voters
Here is a copy of the PM i sent to a few friends:

I am sure that many of you have noticed the recent problems taking place in AD. Whether you agree with RR’s disciplinary decisions or not, I am sure that we can all agree that he has been overworked, as he is the only active mod in the forum. Consequently, I have posted a new thread in the forum feedback and suggestions area calling for more mods http://www.alldeaf.com/showthread.php?t=19575 . Please read the thread, vote, and add your comments so that all of our voices may be heard on the issue. Also, please forward this PM to anyone and everyone who may have input on the subject. It is important for Alex to know public opinion in his forum.

~Eve

p.s. (not in PM) sherrycherish, are you sure you don't have another screenname here? You and your posting style surely have a certain familiarity.

Just so it is clear, this poll nor its corresponding thread, have anything to do with RoadRunner and any previous disagreements/bannings. However, I am sure that if we were able to see who those who have voted "no" against having more mods were, we would find them to be those that tend to carry certain privaleges of having some sort of connection to a certain active moderator on this forum, and probably see this poll as a means of taking away some of that said moderators powers. This is NOT the case.

RebelGirl said:
I may be gullible but I'm still lost with the issues here.. ya can say.. i'm sorta the newbie here and still don't get what's really going on.. Is it about rules and banning the members since everyone is talking about that?? Someone can explain to me about what's going on here?

Anyway, I voted "brain dead"~!

The issue is simple. We have just one mod to handle a very busy forum. Therefore, we are looking to see how people feel regarding the need for more mods.

i wud say "yea" as long as those moderators arent involved into political issues, however; it is up to Alex's decision.

Oceanbreeze said:
The issue is simple. We have just one mod to handle a very busy forum. Therefore, we are looking to see how people feel regarding the need for more mods.

I see.. looks like we do need more mods then!

Hmmmm, let's see if I make any sense here. On one hand we say we need mods(guys and gals)who have differing viewpoints which would enhance/augment, etc support the diversity found here. Having said that, wouldn't these mods have to "step lightly", as it were, where their own views/beliefs are concerned in order that any given topic does not spiral out of control? In other words, would these mods, after having expressed a view about something need to step back to more or less neutral territory lest the mod's opinion would inevitably clash with a member's.

Or, on the other hand, should the modus operandi be that the mods who have a grasp/appreciation(and maybe zilch in some areas) of the varying opinions thrown about by the membership stay entirely neutral at all times?

My personal opinion on the issue is this: I think that mods should be able to express their opinions openly and share ideas across the board, but not squash another member for sharing their opinions as well, as long as everyone is doing so in a respectful manner. Nobody should ever be banned just because they have an opinion that someone else doesnt agree with.

I believe MORE MODS would help balance out the forum. No need for walking on eggshells.

I agree on more Mods, why dont we send Alex or Vampy for our choice of Mods and Alex accounce who then we vote for it.

I rather let Alex decide who he wants to become moderators, without any pressure. Period.

Ultimately it is Alex's choice. This is HIS forum. But, we are welcome to share our input, that's why this forum exists "Forum Feedback and Suggestions".

There is a difference between offering a suggestion and "pressuring".

We were told by a mod "If you want to recommend another female moderator, feel free to PM us. It doesn't mean that she will get the job. But, it doesn't hurt to try." So that tells me that the administration of this forum is open to suggestions.

Eve said:
There is a difference between offering a suggestion and "pressuring".

We were told by a mod "If you want to recommend another female moderator, feel free to PM us. It doesn't mean that she will get the job. But, it doesn't hurt to try." So that tells me that the administration of this forum is open to suggestions.

its up to alex to pick his own mods

That's not the impression I have been getting... I have been getting IMs and PMs about the tactics being employed ... apparently there are some people (and I will not name those in respect) that have been PM'ing AD members, telling them to PM Alex and suggest their names as moderators... and if that's not undue pressure, then what is it?

Ive already sent a PM to Alex protesting this and letting him know that it's his decision to choose moderators, all I want are fair, impartial and uninvolved moderators and that I feel that RoadRunner and Vamproxy have been doing a good job all this time, since they have been the only ones doing the job.

I agree we need more moderators, but I'd rather Alex take his time, look over his prospective choices, ask them questions, evaluate their answers, and then choose the best person(s) for the job.

Period.

DreamDeaf said:
That's not the impression I have been getting... I have been getting IMs and PMs about the tactics being employed ... apparently there are some people (and I will not name those in respect) that have been PM'ing AD members, telling them to PM Alex and suggest their names as moderators... and if that's not undue pressure, then what is it?

Ive already sent a PM to Alex protesting this and letting him know that it's his decision to choose moderators, all I want are fair, impartial and uninvolved moderators and that I feel that RoadRunner and Vamproxy have been doing a good job all this time, since they have been the only ones doing the job.

I agree we need more moderators, but I'd rather Alex take his time, look over his prospective choices, ask them questions, evaluate their answers, and then choose the best person(s) for the job.

Period.
true true i agree with u!!!!! :thumb:

DD, hiya! I gather by your "....fair, impartial and UNINVOLVED(caps are mine)moderators and....." that you ascribe to the idea that mods should not express their own views in a given topic, right?

you have certainly asked alot of questions of us, yet we have yet to receive your perspective on the issue, mr. 2c ;)

Back