Mixed marriage

Don't you feel like you have to bend too, at least sometimes?

Yea, of course. I just meant that I think it's often harded for the hearing person in a realationship. Of course I do my best so she does not crack up because of my bad hearing.:lol:

Communication is always the key between 2 people. I'm late-deafened, and was so confused as to "which way to go".....so I dated both hearing and deaf, but married hearing and then divorced. Total communication was a failure between us! As for deafies, my ASL was not fluent, so communication was a problem also.....I wonder about other "late-deafened" people?

Well - as most of you know - I am late-deafened. My husband (16 years, 17 next month) knew I had a hearing loss, but I still could hear at that point. Since I have lost all of my hearing (3-4 years) he has been very patient. It is hard for him at times, but he tries to understand. He wants to learn ASL with me, but his hands are not receptive to that. Bad arthritis, but he tries hard.

Well - as most of you know - I am late-deafened. My husband (16 years, 17 next month) knew I had a hearing loss, but I still could hear at that point. Since I have lost all of my hearing (3-4 years) he has been very patient. It is hard for him at times, but he tries to understand. He wants to learn ASL with me, but his hands are not receptive to that. Bad arthritis, but he tries hard.

That goes the same with my husband who have bad arthritis and that is the reason why he could not sign. :(

i can allowed get mixed married but dont matter what i wanted its my choice not my parents im dating our british boyfriend James windsor for 3 years but i can wait married and family but he and me whether would ready for become married couple..

im strong raise baptist-christian in my life but James also christian/catholic he told me but i dont catholic.

My partner of 5 years is hearing, but sometimes I think he is the deaf one in the couple. He sometimes cannot understand some of the hearing people out there, so I lipread them and interpret for my hearing partner. LMAO. This is very true when we travel abroad, as he has greater difficulty understanding foreigners trying to speak English with accents. I think it doesn't matter who is deaf or hearing, the most important thing is to keep the communication on a mature level which means talking to your partner even if you are mad or if he is mad. Pride is the worst killer for communication, because no one wants to admit that they are at fault and thinks it will ruin their own dignitity if they admit fault. But I think it makes them a bigger person. I could go on and on, but we all are humans and have to understand that and accept that. Humans makes mistakes and the only thing we can do is to make amends and to move on.

Back