Meniere's sufferer in Baltimore

MissD42

Reaction score
Hey, my name is Dee. I live in the Baltimore Harbor area. Found out I had Meniere's last year, but I have been suffering the symptoms since I was 15 (I'm almost 26 now) I am completely deaf in my right ear, have been for ten years, and my left ear works when it feels like it at this point. I am learning to sign now. I am not fluent, but I can get by. Looking for friends in the area, or even just online. With the vertigo attacks, I don't get out of the house much. I get pretty lonely lol. I am married, but he doesn't sign well, and sometimes I just feel like I burden him. Anyone else have MD?

cooltext1879335321_zps0a259104.png

You should look for deaf events in Washington DC. It is less than an hour away from you. Washington DC and Rochester are largest Deaf communities in the USA.

Hello and welcome.

I am awaiting my diagnosis but I have the server vertigo, dizziness, tinnitus and hearing loss. My right ear is deaf and my left isn't far from it. I have been reading lips the last few years and I'm learning sign now. I'm 26 as well but this is new to me. I had a brain injury when I was 20 and the hearing loss started at 21-22 years old. I stay in cause it's hard to communicate with friends and family and my boyfriend knows the alphabet. We can practice if you want on glide. My ID is MLG ARPJ

Sent from my LGLS990 using AllDeaf App mobile app

Hey, my name is Dee. I live in the Baltimore Harbor area. Found out I had Meniere's last year, but I have been suffering the symptoms since I was 15 (I'm almost 26 now) I am completely deaf in my right ear, have been for ten years, and my left ear works when it feels like it at this point. I am learning to sign now. I am not fluent, but I can get by. Looking for friends in the area, or even just online. With the vertigo attacks, I don't get out of the house much. I get pretty lonely lol. I am married, but he doesn't sign well, and sometimes I just feel like I burden him. Anyone else have MD?

Hi and welcome I do not have MD in fact I am hearing but I am learning asl. If you have glide I don't mind being a friend and signing with you.

Hi there! I am 22 an was diagnosed about 3 years ago. Im HoH (70% gone in right ear and 50% gone in left ear). I'm getting a VNG and ECOG test done this week so we'll see what they show. I don't really understand what they are meant to show. I was under the influence that there aren't tests to rule out Meniere's, but I guess these can.

Hello, Dee

I'm Monica, I'm from Mexico, I'm 22 and I'm a hearing person self-teaching ASL and looking to improve!! The problem is that I have no friends to talk to :( Since I'm in mexico and I'm learning American Sign language, obviously I have no one here! So, that's why I'm looking for online friends.

You can find me on skype as monievargas, just mention you're Dee from alldeaf.com so I know who you are.

:)

Back