Memorial Day plans?

I suck! I'm awful with east and west. Eh I'll figure it out when I wake up and have coffee.

Sent from my iPhone using AllDeaf

Oh wait! Take Clark?... Errr which way? Lol I'm guessing north for 500 Alex.

Sent from my iPhone using AllDeaf

Very good. Yes, head north until you reach Pratt and Clark. Morse is the next stoplight over. You get there, and turn right. Be careful, though. One intersection just after Ashland gets tricky if there are food delivery trucks there, which there usually are. After you pass the Chase Bank that's nearby the area, you keep going east until you reach Sheridan. There, you'll have a bit of a wait, but after that stoplight is the beach. There's a cul-de-sac at the end, but just before that, nearby a garbage disposal bin is an area where you can turn, on your left. That's Loyola Beach.

This is a work day for TCS (he has to make up for the week he spent in Michigan with his mom and family). :(

Tomorrow starts another semester at school for us, so tonight we have to figure out our registrations.

This weekend we sorted thru all our war history books. One grandson is interested in WWII history, and the other is interested in the Civil War, so we gave them all our books from those eras. It was quite a stack! I'm hoping that they will use Memorial Day to review some of those books of war history. I want them to know the real reason for honoring Memorial Day.

change of mind - not gonna go to bbq party. i need to wind down again and also I want to hang out with my dog cuz he's been alone for the past few days. thinking of taking him to central park and meet my other group of friends there. just a simple small picnic and taking it real easy.

Yeah glad you thought of your fur baby. Take pictures of him at the Central Park if you can. :)

Tomorrow is Memorial Day 2014, and what are your plans? As for me, I dunno. There's not much to do for tomorrow except just take it easy, and try and find something to do.

Oh, I forgot. I need to finalize my plans for this Friday.

First time Ive seen someone ask a question and answer themselves online...lol
Hope you have a safe and joyous trip.

I went to a BBQ party yesterday. I ate spiedies (wild turkey, lamb and chicken). don't know what I am going to do today.

This is a work day for TCS (he has to make up for the week he spent in Michigan with his mom and family). :(

Tomorrow starts another semester at school for us, so tonight we have to figure out our registrations.

This weekend we sorted thru all our war history books. One grandson is interested in WWII history, and the other is interested in the Civil War, so we gave them all our books from those eras. It was quite a stack! I'm hoping that they will use Memorial Day to review some of those books of war history. I want them to know the real reason for honoring Memorial Day.

Decoration days started before the Civil War and were occasions for honoring all family dead, and were often big reunion days when most family members were buried in the same cemetery for generations.

It was then adopted for war dead (not people who served, but people who died while serving) after the Civil War. But at that time almost every family had lost a member in that way.

Later on, it was changed yet again, to honor people who died while serving in the military in other wars besides the Civil War.

I have many relatives who served in the military, but I don't think any of them actually died in battle.

I ate BBQ rib, sausage and corn. :D

It is all good. :cool2:

We made kabobs and hamburgers on the grill so yummy. Just the 3 of us today. Staying low-key today.

lazying around at Central Park with friends

10417431_10103856398907559_4299244619423681305_n.jpg

10325148_10103856796445889_8010287055365870267_n.jpg

I worked, you'd be surprised at all the injuries that pop up on Memorial Day... :( Oh well, Double time pay... I suppose... :roll:

I suppose I get kind of thrown off about Memorial Day. I think of it as a time to remember and respect, not a day of BBQ's and fun. Suppose I am weird and outspoken.

I worked, you'd be surprised at all the injuries that pop up on Memorial Day... :( Oh well, Double time pay... I suppose... :roll:

I suppose I get kind of thrown off about Memorial Day. I think of it as a time to remember and respect, not a day of BBQ's and fun. Suppose I am weird and outspoken.

No you aren't I wish more people thought like that. It's a day of remembrance not National BBQ day too many people forget the real reason .. all gave some, some gave all.

Yes, veterans deserve to be remembered for their sacrifices. Although for my company, it is a paid holiday to give them time to pay respects to the veterans. Some of the employees in my company are veterans of military and had served overseas.

at that time in Central Park, I txted my friends to thank them for their service to this country.

First time Ive seen someone ask a question and answer themselves online...lol
Hope you have a safe and joyous trip.

Joyous? Maybe. Safe? No chance. I'm currently dealing with a few things, one of is of particular annoyance, as it's the first time I've dealt with this kind of thing before.

Back