Mel Gibson was arrested for a DUI.

And yeah, nobody is perfect.. we all make mistakes. At least he owns up to his mistake and takes responsiblity for it. Some people dont! :roll:

FelixKat930 said:
:roll: He's not against Jewish people.. and other kinds of races!!! :mad:

Wake up! While being arrested, he kept referring to "those fucking Jews" and saying that they're responsible for all the war in the world and asked the officer, 'Are you a fucking Jew?'

He's long been rumored to hate Jewish people as well as gays. He's an intolerant bigot.

FelixKat930 said:
And yeah, nobody is perfect.. we all make mistakes. At least he owns up to his mistake and takes responsiblity for it. Some people dont! :roll:

Sure he's contrite about the drinking and getting drunk, but it sure sounds to me like he's in denial of his own prejudices. If that's true, then he really needs to back to 12 Step and do some serious work. Apart of 12 Step is making amends. He might've been dry for years, but if he was in any way, harboring feelings that led to his "slip", then he was NOT in recovery. Just because one isn't drinking doesn't mean, their leading a sober life.

HoHGuyOhio said:
Wake up! While being arrested, he kept referring to "those fucking Jews" and saying that they're responsible for all the war in the world and asked the officer, 'Are you a fucking Jew?'

He's long been rumored to hate Jewish people as well as gays. He's an intolerant bigot.
He was drunk when he said that, People say stupid things when they're drunk even done stupid actions. Give him a break, he made a mistake who hasn't?

His character was my idol from "Mad Max" movie series. You can see my AD's MaxUFC. Even I was thinking to change my name to his character name - Max Rockatansky.

Otherwise he was finest actor and then director in motion picture time.

I has nothing do with his reality life cuz everyone are same thing to do anything to be stupid or smart or whatever. At least, he will be back to be better person.

Aww I had no idea he had a serious drinking problem :(.. Mel Gibson is one of my fave actor too, and Alcoholism is a serious disease and it can be fatal too, some people have emotional pain that can lead them to drink alcohol more often so they don't have to deal with all the problems or the pains :dunno:..So there's so many reasons why some people becomes an alocholism..It's not that simple to just quit drinking, he would have to seek help in order to get himself sober...

HoHGuyOhio said:

I don't listen to rumors and beside have you heard it from Mel himself?

FelixKat930 said:
Did Politicans like Patrick Kennedy,Ted Kennedy,Vice president Dick Cheney and Cynthia McKinney take responsiblity for the mistakes they make?

Buckdodgers said:
Did Politicans like Patrick Kennedy,Ted Kennedy,Vice president Dick Cheney and Cynthia McKinney take responsiblity for the mistakes they make?

You sound so fimilar, do I know ya?...

Sorry for the off topic, couldn't help myself here... :scatter:

My dad has alcoholism, and I know it takes a lot of courage to admit one has alcoholism especially in public... even for any reason. But let me say that I just hope Mel Gibson seeks to recover from alcoholism and to heal his prejudice against Jewish folks for the right reasons.

Cheri said:
He was drunk when he said that, People say stupid things when they're drunk even done stupid actions. Give him a break, he made a mistake who hasn't?

Blaming the Jews for all of the world's wars is hardly the rambling of a drunk. RIT had an incident of a guy spraypainting swastikas on cars in one of the parking lots this last year. When Campus Safety found out who it was and "arrested" him, he claimed that he was drunk and didn't know any better.

Sorry, but no, that's not a valid defense. Being drunk reduces your inhibitions, but it will not cause you to believe things that you did not already believe. It will only make you more forthcoming with what is already there, not cause new stuff to appear.

^Angel^ said:
I don't listen to rumors and beside have you heard it from Mel himself?

How about the way the Jews were portrayed in The Passion of the Christ? Portraying them in a fashion that is not historically accurate and perpetuates common but erroneous stereotypes of Jews and the Jewish people hardly qualifies as tolerance or acceptance.

Has he said "I'm Anti-Semitic"? No, but if you look at his movie, his father's own Anti-Semitic remarks and Gibson's latest incident with the it should be fairly clear and obvious that he has biases against the Jewish people.

But what about Politicans who make mistakes and dont pay for it with their actions such as Patrick Kennedy,Ted Kennedy,Vice president Dick Cheney and Cynthia McKinney take responsiblity for the mistakes they make? What about them? Well Mel Gibson isnt above the Law.So people like Patrick Kennedy,Ted Kennedy,Vice president Dick Cheney and Cynthia McKinney are not above the laws nether.

Buckdodgers said:
But what about Politicans who make mistakes and dont pay for it with their actions such as Patrick Kennedy,Ted Kennedy,Vice president Dick Cheney and Cynthia McKinney take responsiblity for the mistakes they make? What about them? Well Mel Gibson isnt above the Law.So people like Patrick Kennedy,Ted Kennedy,Vice president Dick Cheney and Cynthia McKinney are not above the laws nether.

I agree. Everyone should be subjected to the same penalties equally. I don't know how all the people you mentioned were treated, but I'm sure it's widely known how some celebrities are given preferential treatment when they are arrested for crimes.

Back