Meeting the future love of your life

The9thPawn

Reaction score
This question is more for the women of the board, but anyone can reply.

Somehow, I do not think that a woman wants to meet the man of her dreams in a bar.. or in a chat room. Telling a story to her future children "Oh it was so romantic, he IM'ed me and said 'Hey I think your handle/name is hot! Lets meet up'" is not what I picture women would love.

How/Where/When do you imagine meeting the love of your life?

I would like to meet someone who will work with me on making film and support me.
I would like for our love life to be kept private, instead of bragging and showing off. And not get the public gets involve in our relationship.
Live together, sleep together, do a lot of thing together, and all the nice things.
And not have any hardship.
And go meet each other parents and
go to every family events and holidays.

Miss*Pinocchio said:
I would like to meet someone who will work with me on making film and support me.
I would like for our love life to be kept private, instead of bragging and showing off. And not get the public gets involve in our relationship.
Live together, sleep together, do a lot of thing together, and all the nice things.
And not have any hardship.
And go meet each other parents and
go to every family events and holidays.

How/Where/When do you imagine meeting this love of your life?

When? Never
Where? In La La Land
How? If I wanna a baby, I'll meet the swimmers in the little glass container at the sperm bank.
:) :whistle:

When? Never
Where? In La La Land
How? If I wanna a baby, I'll meet the swimmers in the little glass container at the sperm bank.

I would like to meet him in the way meg ryan met tom hanks on top of the empire state building in the movie Sleepless in Seattle.
wub.gif

Reiko said:
I would like to meet him in the way meg ryan met tom hanks on top of the empire state building in the movie Sleepless in Seattle.
wub.gif

I like that one! ;)

{Mod's Note: Removed post by request of poster}

Last edited by a moderator:
Meeting a woman would not matter where but If I had to say.... maybe I met her while I was working or traveling things like that. Really, being in love is much more important than where you guys met.

At least the story that we tell the kids & grandkids will be real and geninue.

My dad and mom met each other in a classroom in high school and my dad married his sweetheart and poof !!!! Here I am !!!! :) :thumb:

Heath said:
My dad and mom met each other in a classroom in high school and my dad married his sweetheart and poof !!!! Here I am !!!! :) :thumb:

Wow!! :jaw: Talk about an accident! In a high school classroom...that's where you were conceived? :eek: Man, they had to be desperate!! :ugh2:

Heath...I am kidding around with you...despite our differences, so don't take it personal, okay? ;) I love good discussions. :cheers:

i am planning to meet my future love this summer i met him off this site

smile hope this will lead our lives together into the future

The9thPawn said:
How/Where/When do you imagine meeting the love of your life?

Funny, how I used to imagined how, when or where I would meet the love of my life for years and years. I loved watching romantic movies like Sleepless in Seattle, Casablanca, so on...

The last six years, I remember asking myself that question but ironically, the love of my life was right under my nose the entire time. After a certain life-changing situation, I finally woke up and realized that he is right there! We had been good friends the whole time.

I truly believe that true love does happen without us ever planning or thinking because if we plan, it means we are in love with the idea of love, not in love with that certain person.

I wish it didnt take me six whole years to find the love of my life but I am glad that it is late, than never! :mrgreen:

pek1 said:
Wow!! :jaw: Talk about an accident! In a high school classroom...that's where you were conceived? :eek: Man, they had to be desperate!! :ugh2:

Heath...I am kidding around with you...despite our differences, so don't take it personal, okay? ;) I love good discussions. :cheers:

Yeah , We do have our differences. Well, here is the situation, my sister was 1st then my brother 2nd and I was the 3rd then that was it for them. I know they graduated from high school first then got married then had a baby.

I truly believe that true love does happen without us ever planning or thinking because if we plan, it means we are in love with the idea of love, not in love with that certain person.
I agree with that for the most part. I do believe however you do have to plan on it, as far as preparing yourself to be ready for a relationship. But yes, I think many people are in love with the idea of love.

I am mainly just asking to see what women have in mind when they think of that perfect place, perfect time, perfect way they meet a new guy that just sweeps them off their feet, etc, etc. Never do I hear, or plan to hear, "I was at this bar wearing my revealing dress, and *Bob* came up to me and said 'Is that a mirror in your pocket? cause I can see myself in your pants'". Know what I mean?

I just feel all these supposed places of meeting people is not the best venue to actually meet that one person.

Keep em coming. I like to hear what others have to answer with.

Myself I don't have a specific place or way I plan to meet that one. But I am pretty convinced it won't be at a singles bar, and although possible, not likey to be an online dating service. Odds are it would be in everyday life being myself... Meeting an incredible woman while I am out shopping, at work, at a sporting event, browsing at a bookstore, at school, etc.

Miss*Pinocchio said:
When? Never
Where? In La La Land

i think meeting my kids father over the internet is better than telling my kid i bought u at a sperm bank.

My cousin met her future husband at a club/bar.... They like each other. And then they married and still together 7 years. :cheers:

thats pretty awsome. my best friends mom and dad ( bob and brenda) married since they were 16... now they are 48. so whatever the math is .. thats how long they been married lol

GodDoesNotHate said:
i think meeting my kids father over the internet is better than telling my kid i bought u at a sperm bank.

I don't trust men anymore. I don't find them sexually attractive anymore. :cool:

It doesn't really matter where, how or when you meet the love of your life....Love can happen anywhere at anytime..... It could happen on line, in a chat, bar, at church, store, anywhere really, it shouldn't matter what other people thinks or your grandkids, every story is " fairy tale " and there's always a happy ending once you find the true love you've been waiting for all your life.......

Back