Meanest Cities in the U.S.

Miss*Pinocchio said:
but people worked at the airport won't help people with baggage....

They won't get help unless they ask for one. It's as simple as that.

1. Think ahead.
2. Try doing it yourself.
3. Then think.
4. Get a help. Or whatnot.
5. Problem solved.

Are you expecting to get help EVERY millisecond? I don't think so and the world is not like a big maid just for you. Ever heard a word such as ethic?

I did asked for help, we were at the Seattle Airport for 2 hours...
we had to pull our baggages allllll the way to the end of the
Airport to catch a bus. And we be in LONG LONG LONG line.
And finally we got on the bus, and
our baggages were on the wrong bus.

And we almost lost our baggages...

I don't like the way Seattle handle this...

They know that they got people who are riding on Celebrity, Carnivals
and all... and they need to make it easier for us....

People threaten that they ain't gonna ride on cruise anymore.
That is bad for business.

Im confused. Why did most folks here misread the original post? It says "HOMELESS" ...it is not about city attitude in general but their attitude toward the homeless.

MissP, it has nothing to do with Seattle Airport or whatnot.
Raven, it has nothing to do with cops.

It is about HOMELESS.

Ive seen more and more homeless people in recent years due to massive social services budget cuts.

It is very sad to see more people living out on the streets. Some cities are more cruel to them than others. Portland used to be compassionate about these people but these homeless people are becoming more and more aggressive, bothering pedestrians for money or whatnot.

But these homeless people are much more desperate than years ago - I see them on every freeway ramp, literally coming to my car and begging for money.

How sad :(

Yeah it is sad that New York and California treat homeless people bad...
And most people there are Democrats!!!!!! :evil:

Miss*Pinocchio said:
Yeah it is sad that New York and California treat homeless people bad...
And most people there are Democrats!!!!!! :evil:

Miss* P, I am fed up with you talking about the democrats either stick with the topic itself or the Moderators would likely remove your post because You bashing out on the democrats too much. Enough please? :thumb:

Cheri said:
Miss* P, I am fed up with you talking about the democrats either stick with the topic itself or the Moderators would likely remove your post because You bashing out on the democrats too much. Enough please? :thumb:
:ty: Cheri.

Am tired of having practically every thread turn into Democrat or Republican bashing. Am damn sick of it.

I want to discuss things without getting these things shoved down on our throats.

It is about Miss P, not about Seattle or democracy. Homeless people drive people crazy, even graffati on buildings or fences or whatever, it makes things ulgier and it makes people and cities turn bad. I agree with what Meggie said. :)

MEG actually it does BOTH it say which states Treat mean to homeless people.

In fact yes my hometown is one up in list (Dallas, Tx) is very mean, They usually swamp all homeless people out of their area where they stay under (usually under highway bridges near downtown dallas. They had reason do that because we have shelters that They need to go there.

tekkmortal said:
The Top 20 Meanest U.S. Cities

Genteel and polite Little Rock, Arkansas has been branded the meanest city in the United States of America.

That's the word from the National Coalition for the Homeless, a national advocacy group, that has named the top 20 meanest U.S. cities based on how they treat the homeless who live within their city limits, as well as purported civil rights violations, reports The Associated Press. The list was created using data samplings from 179 communities in 48 states.

Little Rock received this dubious distinction due to its efforts to close 27 transient camps for homeless people around the city. Although the plan was tabled after advocates for the homeless objected, the coalition is concerned that the city could still move forward with the plan. This is the third year the report has been issued, and the first time Little Rock made the list at all. Previously, Las Vegas held the No. 1 spot.

The top 20 meanest U.S. cities:

Little Rock, Arkansas
Atlanta, Georgia
Cincinnati, Ohio
Las Vegas, Nevada
Gainesville, Florida
New York City, New York
Los Angeles, California
San Francisco, California
Honolulu, Hawaii
Austin, Texas
Sarasota, Florida
Key West, Florida
Nashville, Tennessee
Berkeley, California
Dallas, Texas
Fresno, California
San Antonio, Texas
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
St. Paul, Minnesota
Manchester, New Hampshire
The top four meanest states:

California
Florida
Hawaii
Texas

Looks like Ravensteve can move to Little Rock and be happy. :bye:

wow i didnt know manchester, new hampshire is part of meanest city. thats where i came from!

Here in DC is about 1,000 to 2,000 just for a studio apartment. go figure.

Back