Mcdonalds wont fully accommodate Deaf needs

deafmedicalpoet

Reaction score
I just quit my job at Mcdonalds because of 2 major reasons: They are barely understanding on how to talk to me and also on how to access me because I barely understood customers plus I barely realize they talk to me half the time without facing me. I hate having to remind them all the time that they need to face me and also that I am having issues with the customers in understanding them. I am so sick of it!!! They told me in the beginning they were going to access my needs but they didnt since the boss was switched......grrrrrr! and the new boss was bad when I tried talking to him and letting him know my needs he was like yeah yeah!! I know in a stern but mean way to me. I was pissed also my other boss was very rude about my work I did like grumbling that I didn't help customers I was like how the heck you expect me to hear them....I am profoundly deaf. My 2 very close friends and floor bosses accessed my needs well, I was happy when they worked and I did too. My ADA work accommation laws were not meet at all. I hope my post here helps others that are looking at jobs and more with resturants and all.

You can't be mad at your employer because your customers don't cooperate.

if your boss always says,"yeah.." repeatly. so he is possibly lousy of moral and ethical due to he is afraid of losing his job. he should look at the solutions for your access needs. i think he is asshole.

Well, what did you expect from working at McDonald's? A dream job there?:eek3:

I used to work there when I was in HS. It isn't exactly paradise among all those greasy french fries and hamburgers that have been processed from cow's assholes and lips. :barf:

Best Answer - Chosen By Voters

absolutely not. there's not a chance this is true. mcdonalds (and all other purveyors of food - restaurants, fast-food joints, and grocery stores) MUST meet FDA standards when selling meat. all of the body parts you mentioned are areas that CANNOT be sold, and are thrown away when they cut them off of the carcass.
further, any company that advertises it's food products MUST advertise EXACTLY what ingredients are in the product. for example, if a restauranteur advertises "100% Angus beef steaks" all their steaks must be Angus.
please don't believe the things you hear about this - there are so many reasons why it's wrong!
- mcdonald's wouldn't be the top fast-food chain in the world if they really sold eyeballs and anuses in their hamburgers.
- US standards don't even allow for these animal parts to be in dog food, let alone food for human consumption
- all restaurants must deliver what they advertise - exactly.
- any part of a cow that has the potential to be diseased with mad cow is automatically thrown out ... including the brain and nervous system, eyes and facial parts, and the spine and spinal fluids.
and to the vegetarian, sherryn ... i respect your decision to not eat meat. but the propaganda you are spreading is totally wrong. don't try to scare people into not eating meat just because it's against your beliefs. cows absolutely are NOT fed pieces and parts of other cows, and when a restauranteur says it's 100% sirloin, you can rest assured that's exactly what it is.

Source(s):
i know all of this because i have an agriculture degree from texas a&m university

absolutely not. there's not a chance this is true. mcdonalds (and all other purveyors of food - restaurants, fast-food joints, and grocery stores) MUST meet FDA standards when selling meat. all of the body parts you mentioned are areas that CANNOT be sold, and are thrown away when they cut them off of the carcass.
further, any company that advertises it's food products MUST advertise EXACTLY what ingredients are in the product. for example, if a restauranteur advertises "100% Angus beef steaks" all their steaks must be Angus.
please don't believe the things you hear about this - there are so many reasons why it's wrong!
- mcdonald's wouldn't be the top fast-food chain in the world if they really sold eyeballs and anuses in their hamburgers.
- US standards don't even allow for these animal parts to be in dog food, let alone food for human consumption
- any part of a cow that has the potential to be diseased with mad cow is automatically thrown out ... including the brain and nervous system, eyes and facial parts, and the spine and spinal fluids.
and to the vegetarian, sherryn ... i respect your decision to not eat meat. but the propaganda you are spreading is totally wrong. don't try to scare people into not eating meat just because it's against your beliefs. cows absolutely are NOT fed pieces and parts of other cows, and when a restauranteur says it's 100% sirloin, you can rest assured that's exactly what it is.

Source(s):
i know all of this because i have an agriculture degree from texas a&m university

Yeah, yeah, yeah...:ugh2:

I haven’t gone to McDonald’s for a long time. I don’t know what you meant that McDonald’s sell burgers with Angus meat. Frozen foods tend to have all kinds of preservatives. Preservatives aren't exactly healthy.

If I had to cook hamburgers at my home compared to a big Mac at the big M, my hamburgers would be a lot lower in fat and have no preservatives. So, therefore, my hamburgers are healthier.

Empress...

Please don't take everything literally... Smile...

I didn't write that...

I was scared that the hamburgers were made from Lips and A(&)&)*&^&%%.

So I look it up... and saw that website that explain that hamburger not from lips and A&^*%^%

Whew...:ugh3:

Angus Beef is from the Black cows.... I live in Mississippi and there are Black Cows, with tv show Dallas-like Mansion, 3 blocks from my home...

if your boss always says,"yeah.." repeatly. so he is possibly lousy of moral and ethical due to he is afraid of losing his job. he should look at the solutions for your access needs. i think he is asshole.

For word that boss called "Yeah" isn't right but "Yes" is more polite word.

For normal people such as friend then "Yeah" is cool word.

I didn't write that...

I was scared that the hamburgers were made from Lips and A(&)&)*&^&%%.

So I look it up... and saw that website that explain that hamburger not from lips and A&^*%^%

Whew...:ugh3:

Angus Beef is from the Black cows.... I live in Mississippi and there are Black Cows, with tv show Dallas-like Mansion, 3 blocks from my home...

What's black cows? I bet that you can work at farmland. ;)

Source(s):

I used to work in the food industry and if my experience is any example, rules and laws are ignored on a daily basis. Laws are only good if they're enforced.

I remember watching some undercover reporters reporting that the grocery butcher would sell outdated meat. I wasn't surprised.

Some quality restaurants and grocery chains do follow the law. As a rule, they also tend to be upscale.

I'm sure that cow parts are not fed to cows anymore as a result of the Mad Cow outbreak in England, but I'm just as certain that sanitary laws are often ignored.

It's not always illegal to use offal in food. Scrapple is a good example. It pays to know what's being put in your foods and how it is processed.

I'm not a vegetarian btw though I do try to eat more vegetables and less meat. I've always loved steak though I rarely eat it. As a rule, I've always preferred lean meat so London broil is my fave. I can't stand canned fish though. I dislike greasy meats as these can cause problems for my reflux.

Last edited:
<<<<<absolutely not. there's not a chance this is true. mcdonalds (and all other purveyors of food - restaurants, fast-food joints, and grocery stores) MUST meet FDA standards when selling meat. all of the body parts you mentioned are areas that CANNOT be sold, and are thrown away when they cut them off of the carcass. >>>>>

The only parts you cant sell are the brain and the spinal cord.You can and they do sell everything else.Eyeballs and all.They have meat picking machines that get it all.Even the meat around the ass hole. You didnt get much for your 4 year degree.

FDA is a joke.Only time they do something is when someone ends up DEAD!

Since you have a degree and all and bet you spent alot of moeny on it lets see if you got your moneys worth,tell us what the FDA standard is when it comes to meat.What must an FDA inspector do in order to approve a carcass and get an FDA stamp.

Yes... But FDA is better than nothing. It is a gamble if you eat food or drink water in Mexico. I am not sure if Mexico has a similiar organization like the FDA, even if they do, they are underfunded and understaffed.

Correct that the FDA just cannot protect everyone. I have seen videos of people peeing and spitting into the food that they are cooking for their customers.

:ugh3:

Never drink water in Mexcio !My husband and I have been there few times..
We always drink bottle of water. That is only best way. But vegetables or others.. be careful. They can make u feel nasuas. But, never happened to us. Depends on where you stay at.

FDA is not great job. They didn't tried hard work their ass off ! .:ugh3:

M-:afro:

Never drink water in Mexcio !My husband and I have been there few times..

Never eat at the 7 for $1 taco stands at Tijuana. I never thought that the tasty meat they used would be from a dog. I was there for like 90 minutes getting the 3rd plate, it was dammed good , the snack shop operators put something atop a shelf in the dumper area next to it and i , out of genuine curiousity, took a walk to the dumpster to get a close look at the fuzzy thing and I was eating tack #3 when i realized it was the head of a Chow Chow. I sort of took a long pause then went back eating and thought it was one of the most exotic dinners I had.

Sorry to hear about it, there is no way to accomodate for deafies when it comes to serving customers. It is way impossible to accomodate, remember ADA law already said "Reasonable accomodation" What that really means, means that has to be within reasonable accomodation, hiring an interpreters is NOT a reasonable accomodation because it can cost way more than what your eomployers pays you.
Tell ya this, I work as customer service already with deafies! I had to deal with all kinds of customers and there is no way I can make EVERY customers happy, even though I do try to make them happy. There is no difference between hearing and deaf customers! My experience now tells me differently, we all gotta to deal with customers no matter what.

Back