McCain Supporters Rescued Flags From Obama Rally

Status
Not open for further replies.
Focus on how much US solider die. blah blah blah

no. focus on right thing.

For Bosnia War, Bill Clinton doesn't send troopers to there, it wasn't part of US issue.

For Somalia Civil War, you means? then maybe but not widely as Iraq war does.

Does Ronald Reagen has start war during when he was in office? I don't think that Iraq-Iran war was counted because of not counted to US's involvement.

Bill Clinton did bomb Bosnia to smithereens.... and that little hiccup (accidentally bombed Chinese Embassy). and to be more specific about Somalia - it's called Battle of Mogadishu aka Operation Restore Hope. USA was responsible for causing these countries to get into civil wars.

Bill Clinton did bomb Bosnia to smithereens.... and that little hiccup (accidentally bombed Chinese Embassy). and to be more specific about Somalia - it's called Battle of Mogadishu aka Operation Restore Hope. USA was responsible for causing these countries to get into civil wars.

Ok, seems like nowhere is other Iraq war, we have Iraq war for 5 years now.

First Bush had 2 war but short timw, one in Panama (only 1-2 month) and other is Gulf war.

lol that's to be expected since it's a.... WORLD war lol

First, FDR refuse to accompany with UK on war against German but allow solider choice to join them. Later Pearl Harbor gone boom.

FDR said "Oh hell with it! Bomb em, mo*fuc*".

First, FDR refuse to accompany with UK on war against German but allow solider choice to join them. Later Pearl Harbor gone boom.

FDR said "Oh hell with it! Bomb em, mo*fuc*".

right.... that's what I read in my elementary history book long time ago :laugh2:

FDR is Democrat and it cost lot of more thousand solider died in WWII than in either Vietnam and Iraq I/II.

Yet another silly argument that should be laid to rest.

The circumstances for WWII were far different than circumstances for today's wars.

This from the same article in the original post.

Democratic convention organizers claimed the flags were not going to be discarded — but instead were snatched from the site of Obama’s historic address to carry out a “cheap political stunt.”

It's bad enough to have to wade through the information to make an informed decision but add to that all of the mis-information and the talking out of both sides and the whole process sickens me. I know.. I know. it's the best in the world but that doesn't mean it's the best it can be. In my view it's far from it.

A bit more information from the source that the Daily Kos cited:

UPDATE I: I just spoke with the person at Invesco who found the flags and he thinks both sides are exaggerating a bit. The person claims the majority of the bags with flags in them were near the trash, on a dock, and would have been thrown away. The person thinks it was probably an “oversight” by the Democrats rather than any nefarious plot against the flag. But the person doesn’t believe anyone was coming to get them: “The flags were there for a week and a day and no one came looking for them.”

One thing I know for certain: Barack Obama didn’t order anyone to throw out 12,000 American flags.

Here are the statements from the Democrats.

“American flags were proudly waved by the 75,000 people who joined Barack Obama at the Democratic Convention. John McCain should applaud that, but instead his supporters wrongfully took leftover bundles of our flags from the stadium to play a cheap political stunt calling into question our patriotism. On the same day he agrees to join Barack Obama at Ground Zero on September 11, John McCain attacks the patriotism of Obama supporters who so proudly waved the American flag at our historic event in Denver just days ago.”
– Democratic National Committee Spokeswoman Karen Finney

“Stories circulating about flags at the Democratic National Convention are false. We distributed more than 125,000 American made flags at the Convention - the flags removed from Invesco field were intended for other events and taken without permission. It’s disappointing that someone would take American flags without authorization and then falsely describe how they were being used. We have the utmost respect for the American flag, and it’s sad to see them being used for a cheap political stunt.”
– Democratic National Convention Committee

UPDATE II: Here is a Huffington Post by Nico Pitney:

Fox News’ Carl Cameron and Bonney Kapp reported that they had “been told” that “a vendor at Invesco Field found the flags, which were going to be thrown out, and turned them over to the McCain campaign.”

The Democratic convention official says that’s not true.

“It’s pretty reprehensible on their part,” he said. “Someone made an assumption, took the flags, and essentially lied about what was going to happen to them. I mean, c’mon, we were never ever going to throw out flags.”

Having spoken to the person who found the bags, it’s difficult to believe that anyone was coming to get them a week after the convention — or that they were “stolen.” If so, what is the name of the person who was coming to pick them up? I’ve sent a query asking that question.

It sounds to me like some intern or volunteer probably made a mistake with these flags and the McCain campaign used it to pull a gotcha.

UPDATE III: There are a lot of angry emails over my comment regarding the flag (”I’m not sure what the DNC was supposed to do with unused hand-flags, frankly.”) Sorry, I’ve never disposed of an American flag in my life. But this is how if the need arises.

UPDATE IV: RedState has some photos of discarded flags. All I can say is, Republican Party better make sure every image of the flag is properly dealt with at every single rally for the rest of its existence.

Source: UPDATED: Republican Recycling : Post-Ed Notes

Bottom line: Both sides use spin. :barf:

No, Republicans use spin.

Again, this is a non-issue, intended to distract people from the real issues facing this country.

No, Republicans use spin.

Again, this is a non-issue, intended to distract people from the real issues facing this country.
I agree, the Republicans do use spin. Are you saying the Democrats don't use spin? I just want to be sure I understand you correctly because that would be a very ambitious position to defend.

I agree, the Republicans do use spin. Are you saying the Democrats don't use spin? I just want to be sure I understand you correctly because that would be a very ambitious position to defend.

Much less than republican does, republican make strong biased against democrat.

what you mean biased news report? I get opinions from everyone to form my opinions.

When you said you accepted the issues they support, it appeared that you were talking about Fox News. Fox News is well known to be conservative and biased.

Yet another silly argument that should be laid to rest.

The circumstances for WWII were far different than circumstances for today's wars.

then why complain over first Iraq War from H. Bush? WTF?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back