May I ask what you all do for a

am a mech in the Army, so hours can be different every day

From 8am to 4pm I am an office manager for a Russian Mutual fund......the other 16 hours in the day I take care of my husband, kids, sick uncle, 2 dogs and the house!!!! Oh and somewhere in there I get a few hours of sleep.

I can relate...not only do I teach, but I am with our kids and at the house most of the time so of course, I am the one taking care of the chores, kids, dog, and the yards all the time.

So my job is a teacher and a part time housewife. LOL!

I'm a records management officer in a Government Department. :)

I'm a student in Game Design.

I used to be a Surgical Veterinary Technician. Yes I worked in surgery while all the doctors wore masks. :) Quit my job to go back to school, now I'm enjoying Game Design classes.

Besides the classes, I'm a HouseGirlfriend (I ain't a Wife, yet). I *love* it.

am a retired ASL Teacher from Interpreter's Progam / currently as ASL Teacher at State Psychiatric Hosp. / Deaf Interpreter on-call (after 5pm/ before 5am) / as Jackie of all Trade after work when needed / a mother / a partner / animal care taker (1 cat, 2 kitties, 2 puppies) / a volunteer computer tech when needed

What is a CoveKeeper? sounds interesting :)

I can't be the only Police Officer here :ugh3:

I am also back in college for retirement job - Business Major with Manual Comm(ASL) Minor :fingersx:

Hubs [member: ran256] (HH ) fully immersed in his ITP for retirement job once he is retired from the state prison system.

Wearing 2 Unitron US80 HAs in 1991-93 I went to college for small business administration. In 1994-96 I took computer systems technician in Ottawa. I got 2 great jobs out of college - both in computer field, one was building computers per customer specs and upgrading systems, etc. The otherj ob was maintaining computers for a large office that was a division of the national defense. .... later after getting engaged, and moving to North Bay and took another job in computers as a senior technician... The worst part of these jobs was needing to call tech support people either from on-site or in-house (even if it was ibm, or compaq or hp tech support for parts, etc)

Anyway, eventually this became too stressful .... and I quit with dreams to open my own company.. which I did, 4 months later and I have now been open for over 5 years, occasionally retaining full time staff, but generally going at it singlehandedly..

Being my own boss.... if I don't want to do something, I don't. I get contract work that puts me in the field in loud noisy places - and I can just contract somebody else to do the work for me while I still get paid... my wife and I have since divorced....

with my recent sudden loss... I'm here learning about CI's a bit more, since I was approved as candidacy over 2 years ago..

I'm a professional student, plumber, electrician, computer technician, tutor, programer, handy man, counselor .. just depends on the day. But shhhhh, dont tell social security :D

Yeah I agree. A womans job is 24/7 no argument there from me.

Heard a saying before, my grandmother would always tell me

"A man works from sun to sun, A womans job is never done"

not sure where the saying is from,.. but she use to say that all the time.

that seems to be universal across cultures. Ive watched some documentories on primitive cultures, and the women always joke about how lazy the men are in the tribe.

What is a CoveKeeper? sounds interesting :)

CoveKeeper = Inn Keeper.

Do you remember the television show, "Bob Newhart" when he was the Inn keeper in Vermont? That is what my job is.... :)

That is why in my signature lines, you will see announcements like, 'Clamming weekend', 'Garlic Festival', 'Rod Run to the End of the World', 'Kite Festival', etc, etc, book a room.....:)

CoveKeeper = Inn Keeper.

Do you remember the television show, "Bob Newhart" when he was the Inn keeper in Vermont? That is what my job is.... :)

That is why in my signature lines, you will see announcements like, 'Clamming weekend', 'Garlic Festival', 'Rod Run to the End of the World', 'Kite Festival', etc, etc, book a room.....:)

Let you know that, 8th and 9th Feb is history.

Didn't you know it's not 10th down here? It's actually...uhhh 16th.

full time student.

I also have three part time jobs on top of that. I work as an usher at a concert hall, I am a respite worker (working mostly with kids with autism or deaf/hoh) and I am a payed human rights advocate.

On occasion get to breathe, eat and sleep...

I'm a professional student, plumber, electrician, computer technician, tutor, programer, handy man, counselor .. just depends on the day. But shhhhh, dont tell social security :ty:

I'm an RO for Verizon. It's a very fulfilling task to serve the deaf community. I can honestly say I can't imagine doing anything else! I want to do the same thing even if I relocate!

Edit: By the way, hello! I am new here and this thread popped my post cherry.

Back