Marry many wives, NOW?

Originally posted by Oddball
Are you descendent of Brigham Young and Steve Young? :shock:

Oddball yes flyfree is, i knew about it she told me alot of stories about that i was suprised myself too.....

If there is modern like that in American, I can't imagine how difficult to handle these women than in Middle Eastern where most women are usually weak. :)

Oh... it gonna be one hell headache for hubby. hahaha

Fly Free said:
thats polygamy and originated by the LDS (Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints) :roll: if anyone knows if it originated PRIOR to LDS lemme know!

Polygamy has been around since long before the LDS. Most likely it predates monogamy, in fact.

ismi said:
Polygamy has been around since long before the LDS. Most likely it predates monogamy, in fact.

I agree that it has been around for a long, long time over the centuries...

Oceanbreeze said:

Er...the LDS church has only been around for a century and a half or so and the Muslims have been around since 700 AD or so and they have practiced it as Mohammed has practiced it in his time.

I'm sure it had it roots further back as well. I'll try to help Ismi find a link on that..

sr171soars said:
Er...the LDS church has only been around for a century and a half or so and the Muslims have been around since 700 AD or so and they have practiced it as Mohammed has practiced it in his time.

I'm sure it had it roots further back as well. I'll try to help Ismi find a link on that..

OK, thanks. :)

Oceanbreeze said:
OK, thanks. :)

Here is a link from Wiki...Polygamy

It goes as far back to early Chinese history. I'm sure many of the royal leaders (Kings, Satraps, Pharaohs, and etc.) in ancient times had several wives as they could afford it and do what they dang well pleased!

Ant c5 said:
I need to understand one thing. How can I believe that when I commit suicide and kill others with me, once again, how am I going to heaven and marry 52 wifes. ...
Well, it's not a Christian belief.

Matthew 22
29 Jesus answered and said unto them, Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God. 30 For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven.

Mark 12
24 And Jesus answering said unto them, Do ye not therefore err, because ye know not the scriptures, neither the power of God? 25 For when they shall rise from the dead, they neither marry, nor are given in marriage; but are as the angels which are in heaven.

Luke 20
34 And Jesus answering said unto them, The children of this world marry, and are given in marriage: 35 But they which shall be accounted worthy to obtain that world, and the resurrection from the dead, neither marry, nor are given in marriage:

Reba said:
Well, it's not a Christian belief.

Matthew 22
29 Jesus answered and said unto them, Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God. 30 For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven.

Mark 12
24 And Jesus answering said unto them, Do ye not therefore err, because ye know not the scriptures, neither the power of God? 25 For when they shall rise from the dead, they neither marry, nor are given in marriage; but are as the angels which are in heaven.

Luke 20
34 And Jesus answering said unto them, The children of this world marry, and are given in marriage: 35 But they which shall be accounted worthy to obtain that world, and the resurrection from the dead, neither marry, nor are given in marriage:

Let me re-phrase this to be sure if I am correct:

This means that everyone who goes to the Heaven
is NO longer married anymore in Heaven
(except married to the Lord) Right ?

Y said:
Let me re-phrase this to be sure if I am correct:

This means that everyone who goes to the Heaven
is NO longer married anymore in Heaven
(except married to the Lord) Right ?

Yep! That is correct!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ismi

Look up in the Old Testament...they have several instances of this in early tribes and God commanded his people to have many children to populate the land. In the New Testament, the rules were to have one wife per man.

Fly Free said:
thats polygamy and originated by the LDS (Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints) :roll: if anyone knows if it originated PRIOR to LDS lemme know!

(from what i remmy of the teaching from the church before i stopped practicing) Joseph Smith had told his fellow LDS members that they should have multiple wives and all that shit -- i have personally told my family (LDS members) that its the MOST disgusting history in LDS church ive heard of and i CANNOT fathom how THEY can accept that :roll:

i myself am a descendent of Brigham Young and 1 of his many wives and somewhere in the family tree that would make me a half-relative(i dunno how many like 1st, 2nd, 3rd cousin or whatever and so forth) to Steve Young the NFL football player and a half relative to someone from Joseph Smith's wives :dunno: dont ask its TOO complicated for me to even try comprehending --

personally its :bsflag: and VERY disgusting -- im looking to get myself excommunicated from the church in due time (when timing is right to prevent a family uproar)

I know about Lds. I told them that I dont agree about men can have several wives. woman cannot. I also told them that I don't allow my man have few wives or I will be very jealous. I left church for this reason and other ugly reasons. I believe that men just enjoy have sex with wives than just one because if one wife dont feel like have sex so he will run to other wife. That is so disgusting. My husband and I respect each other if one of us dont feel like have sex so we dont run to other people.

Back