Mac vs PC

I want to know what's difference between mac and pc

mac pro? con?
pc pro? con?

detail here bec i plan to buy new computer, but i'd like to know which is the best. :dunno:

MOD: Merge this thread with Judhead's, similar, that should help, okay?

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by illustrator
you see, when I own PC, I put more gig HD to replace and add-in graphic-card and more RAM and upgrade from Windows 98 to ME.

Lately, I got lot of bugs, slow-down and problem with several application programs.

After I purchase Apple computer, it's have excellent graphic card built-in, I simple need to buy upgrade RAM and it running beautiful.

That is OS problem. Not PC problems.

The point went over your head.

Ha! Then that Windows cannot handle well. :mrgreen:

Windows can handle memory much better than MacOS, especially OSX. ;)

I got fed up with MacOS on my ibook and I replaced it with Yellowdog.

Ha! Then that Windows cannot handle well. :mrgreen:

You don't make sense.

How many OSes are allowed to be installed on Macs?

How many OSes are allowed to be installed on PCs?

Originally posted by SilenceGold
You don't make sense.

How many OSes are allowed to be installed on Macs?

How many OSes are allowed to be installed on PCs?

What do you mean? how much OS in Mac?

Mac is an operator system.

There...finally you got my point!

PC is not an operating system.

Waitaminutes, you said that it's OS problem after I talked about my old PC computer that have problem. Don't you follow up, make sense?

Waitaminutes, you said that it's OS problem after I talked about my old PC computer that have problem. Don't you follow up, make sense?
:eek:

The whole point of this thread is... PC vs MAC. It's a hardware competition. You brought in Windows to prove that it's a flaw to use PC. I said that it's an OS problem..not the PC's problem.

Now what do you call the hardware structure of MACs?

PC is the hardware structure of i386 series. You cannot install the MAC software on a PC system. You cannot install an operating system designed for PC onto a MAC system.

Again, the thread is about PC vs MAC. It's not Windows vs MAC.

Your arguments are pointless in this thread. :D

The whole point of this thread is... PC vs MAC. It's a hardware competition. You brought in Windows to prove that it's a flaw to use PC. I said that it's an OS problem..not the PC's problem.

Now what do you call the hardware structure of MACs?

PC is the hardware structure of i386 series. You cannot install the MAC software on a PC system. You cannot install an operating system designed for PC onto a MAC system.

Again, the thread is about PC vs MAC. It's not Windows vs MAC.

Your arguments are pointless in this thread. :D

Umm, Apple is PC, too. PC stand for personal computer.

Umm, Apple is PC, too. PC stand for personal computer.

Did you ever bother to correct whoever started this thread? You would have noticed it if you bothered to read the title.

Oh wait..you found that as a chance to bash Windows based PCs. :/

I am starts thinking about to buy MAC. Since the MAC provide for Window XP that run under Virtual 6. So, I can using for that MAC for my guestroom which I saw the sale for 799.00.

Illustrator.. do you know much about the speed thing Which is good well speed for games and little graphics..

Originally posted by ideafspy
I am starts thinking about to buy MAC. Since the MAC provide for Window XP that run under Virtual 6. So, I can using for that MAC for my guestroom which I saw the sale for 799.00.

Illustrator.. do you know much about the speed thing Which is good well speed for games and little graphics..

Be sure it's G4, or at least 500 MHz for G3.

Originally posted by ideafspy

Do you mean that there is an emulator that can run Windows XP on MAC systems?

Do you mean that there is an emulator that can run Windows XP on MAC systems?

Yes, there is an emulator. Perfectly legal though since it was bought out by Microsoft recently.

It's known as Virtual PC. The reviews are well-recieved.

Well... it's really simple jughead, what do you want? A normal PC or a G4 Mac, a G4 mac is good for desiging web pages, animation, photos, work and stuff... A PC is just good about anything but like Illustrator said above in a couple of posts, he gives his good points and negativity

I see why some of you hate Mac. It's because you use older version like under version 9.0, and you purchased a computer a few years ago. The older operating system is worthless. The newer operating system - OS X is a big different. I promise that you will love this new computer and new operating system (OS 10.2). It has been proof that operating system is very stable. In fact, you can buy a Virtual 6 and install it on Mac OS X. The Virtual 6 allows you to run your IBM PC Windows on Macintosh (G4 1 or 1.25 mhz or perhaps G3 with higher mhz). (You should not install it on older Apple computer.) I guess that you (hate Mac) did not know the different. I'm just telling you now. Of course, I do not hate XP window, but my opinon is that you have to go thru many steps. It is too bad that Apple computer is still expensive, but I still think that it is really worth it.

I advise that you should never buy a CRT monitor (tube TV) because it contains mercury in it. It is against the law to throw it to the dump. It is the only way for you to return it to a recycle place in your hometown. All CRT monitors will be delievered to a military base in Maryland - toxic environment. I guess that they will use them for weapon. - Please remember you should buy a LCD monitor. Most computer dealers do not want people to know about this because they are trying to get rid of them by selling cheap prices. I strongly suggest you to check on Apple website, and research it, and then decide whether to buy it. If you are worried about someone is hacking your computer, just get a security software, or get upgrade it from Apple's website. There are so many people are selling their IBM PC in the ad newspaper. They are wasting their money to buy a new IBM PC computer. I don't mind if you love your IBM PC, that's fine with me. I don't have a problem with that. Illustrator and ideafspy are right about what they wrote on the forum.

Here is the link to read about Virtual 6 software on:
http://www.connectix.com/products/vpc6m.html
:D

Last edited:
Back