Mac VS. Pc – The truth illustrated

Most time, I am at Press Box at stadium. I saw many photographers and writers use PC laptop. Very Few people use Apple Laptop.

Odd, I seen at Dallas Maverick in cafe where brunch of media is there, mostly are use Mac and few PC. I guess you live in poor city.

i find this thread interesting... after you guys argue which is better for photography, i researched... there is no better than any laptop, according to my research. i know some hearing friends from Atlanta, NYC, and France who are professional photographers use windows. my cousin is pro photographer in atlanta also and he uses windows. so i dont buy the stories from yall. no offense. :dunno: i do like mac myself.

a good old article with commets about mac vs pc for professional photograhy.
Do pro Photographers really have to use a Mac?! - Photo.net Digital Darkroom Forum

i find this thread interesting... after you guys argue which is better for photography, i researched... there is no better than any laptop, according to my research. i know some hearing friends from Atlanta, NYC, and France who are professional photographers use windows. my cousin is pro photographer in atlanta also and he uses windows. so i dont buy the stories from yall. no offense. :dunno: i do like mac myself.

a good old article with commets about mac vs pc for professional photograhy.
Do pro Photographers really have to use a Mac?! - Photo.net Digital Darkroom Forum

Funny thing, Link you post here and said

"If I have to go mac to be taken seriously in this profession then i will."

My good friend who photographer and he lost over 10,000 pictures due virus. He really pissed off big time. He switched to Linux. He save money to plan to buy a macbook. Shit, I don't noticed that few of my old friends switch from Windows to Mac for photographer due avoid lose the files from virus.

Plus Anti-virus scans will take forever if you have over millions pictures in the hard drive.

My good friend who photographer and he lost over 10,000 pictures due virus. He really pissed off big time. He switched to Linux. He save money to plan to buy a macbook. Shit, I don't noticed that few of my old friends switch from Windows to Mac for photographer due avoid lose the files from virus.

Plus Anti-virus scans will take forever if you have over millions pictures in the hard drive.

ouch that was not good... same thing that happened to my friend but opposite ! my good deaf friend, who was graphic designer, lost everything that he designed on his G4 and macbook and he didnt back up everything in case...

so there is NO perfect pc or mac in the world.

ouch that was not good... same thing that happened to my friend but opposite ! my good deaf friend, who was graphic designer, lost everything that he designed on his G4 and macbook and he didnt back up everything in case...

Sounds like a hard drive failure to me.

Kind off topic about photographer.

Here a picture of professional DSLR
wlan-cam-front.jpg

BTW I am photographer and I own EOS 20D since 2001. :)

My Nikon D2hs can add IEEE 802.11b Wireless Transmitter WT-2a (optional). I am not interested..... Most time, I am at outside at sport events.

WT2_Design.jpg

I will not discuss... lot novice people do not understand about prof photographers. Wireless Transmitter is great for Studio. Not worth for me to spend $$. One of my friend has one but useless at any sport events.

You still can use compact flash.
sd2cf_200.gif

Nothing to worry about copyright. There is encryption for wireless.

All depend what business they want wireless or not.

Wireless to laptop allow more than 100GB unlike CF/SD.

Some people use wireless pda that quick send info to company for make newspaper and news online.
Idruna Pocket Phojo

wlan-cam-front.jpg

That is EOS-1 D Mark III 10.1 megapixel CMOS sensor (APS-H size) Digital SLR Camera Body with 3.0" LCD.

I like Canon 21 megapixel EOS-1Ds Mark III digital SLR Canon continues to go after medium format digital cameras.

You still can use compact flash.
sd2cf_200.gif

Nothing to worry about copyright. There is encryption for wireless.

All depend what business they want wireless or not.

Wireless to laptop allow more than 100GB unlike CF/SD.

Some people use wireless pda that quick send info to company for make newspaper and news online.
Idruna Pocket Phojo

wlan-cam-front.jpg

My Nikon D2hs can add IEEE 802.11b Wireless Transmitter WT-2a (optional). I am not interested..... Most time, I am at outside at sport events.

WT2_Design.jpg

I will not discuss... lot novice people do not understand about prof photographers. Wireless Transmitter is great for Studio. Not worth for me to spend $$. One of my friend has one but useless at any sport events.

Why you ignore the link I posted here? I think you should read the link before you post something. The link already explained about Nikon WT-1/WT-2 and you ignore it and explain to me which I already know.

Again, You need to re-read what I posted. I said, "All depend what business they want wireless or not."

I like Canon 21 megapixel EOS-1Ds Mark III digital SLR Canon continues to go after medium format digital cameras.

Still off topic...

I do not care higher megapixels. I will not take any camera with 8 megapixels or higher because too slow work flow for computer. We must finish before deadline.

Canon 1Ds Mark III is great for studio. Not great for sport or travel or fun as hobby.
If, you use Canon 1ds III at sport event. You shoot 600 pictures x 21mb = 12,600 mb. No way to work flow to beat deadline. Worthless to use Canon 1Ds.

Long times, I have been on sideline at NCAA football games and NCAA Bowls. I would say 75 percent people use Nikon DSLR and 25 percent People use Canon DSLR. Only one guy (works for Big East) use film camera (Canon A-1).

That's enough... Please stop off topic. Let talk about PC vs Mac

so there is NO perfect pc or mac in the world.

I agree.... everyone has different opinion.

I am not worry about Virus. Long time, I do not have any anti-virus software on my Windows. I will not knock on the wood.

Sounds like a hard drive failure to me.

nope. mac's tiger o/s screwed up. he had to format it and reinstalled it. it worked allright afterward. he was not happy camper but he still loves mac things.

nope. mac's tiger o/s screwed up. he had to format it and reinstalled it. it worked allright afterward. he was not happy camper but he still loves mac things.

It happens after not re installing for a really long time. No software can last forever. :P

I agree.... everyone has different opinion.

I am not worry about Virus. Long time, I do not have any anti-virus software on my Windows. I will not knock on the wood.

i concur witht that. everyone has their own tastes... my 4 HTPCs, 1 media server and 1 PC dont have antivirus applications so no virus for a long time.. these PCs work greatly with media networking and internets especially hulu.com - it is awesome to watch that on my htpcs...

mostly are use Mac and few PC. I guess you live in poor city.

I do not agree... Rich people use Mac?? My answer NO. Everyone's taste and feel comfortable to use computers. Computer is worthless in next 5 years. Nobody wants to take Apple Mac SE or Apple II or PC with 8088 to first Pentium.

Most photo or press writer buy his/her own equipment. Some companies let workers borrow therir equipments.

We live in New Jersey. NJ State is most expensive property tax and Auto Insurance. Our property tax cost me $8000.

My brother lives in Reston, VA. Still lower property tax in Reston VA but expensive house. My brother has Apple Mac. He got FREE Mac from Apple Co where he works there. Also, he works for Sun Micosystem, too.

My brother gift Mac to my father. One day, I asked my father which do you prefer Mac or PC. He like PC. He has Mac. He has to use Mac when my mom use PC. My parents are over 78 years old.

It happens after not re installing for a really long time. No software can last forever. :P

yup, Apple created Time Machine, that allows mac users to back everything up before it goes happens.

I had did like that before and it worked so good.

I do not agree... Rich people use Mac?? My answer NO. Everyone's taste and feel comfortable to use.

We live in New Jersey. NJ State is most expensive property tax and Auto Insurance. Our property tax cost me $8000.

Yup, that's right.

Everyone can get Mac if they want too, even Mac Mini is good price for low income families.

I do not agree... Rich people use Mac?? My answer NO. Everyone's taste and feel comfortable to use computers. Computer is worthless in next 5 years. Nobody wants to take Apple Mac SE or Apple II or PC with 8088 to first Pentium.

Most photo or press writer buy his/her own equipment. Some companies let workers borrow therir equipments.

My brother lives in Reston, VA. Still lower property tax in Reston VA but expensive house. My brother has Apple Mac. He got FREE Mac from Apple Co where he works there. Also, he works for Sun Micosystem, too.

My brother gift Mac to my father. One day, I asked my father which do you prefer Mac or PC. He like PC. He has Mac. He has to use Mac when my mom use PC. My parents are over 78 years old.

I know one of billionaire is sick of his expensive PC laptop because of problem show up often. So He switch to MacBook and he love it. Save his time while he can do business without worry about computer fail him.

I can't believe I'm becoming an Apple Fanboy - Blog Maverick

Back