Lunch Alone?

SneakerNet

Retired
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just started to think about one thread talking about lunch, I was wondering about any deaf employee work alone at the job, do you all tend to eat lunch alone? Or you sit with hearie bunch?

I always eat lunch in my office alone and work through my lunch hour. That is why I only work from 7 am to 3 PM (no half hour or one hour lunch break)

You?

I often ate alone, but sometimes I would eat with co workers. Maybe on Friday, ya know special day. Let's all get together and go out. That kind of thing.

My office have two people most days, three occasionally. We always eat together.

Just started to think about one thread talking about lunch, I was wondering about any deaf employee work alone at the job, do you all tend to eat lunch alone? Or you sit with hearie bunch?

I always eat lunch in my office alone and work through my lunch hour. That is why I only work from 7 am to 3 PM (no half hour or one hour lunch break)

You?

I eat lunch at Chinatown with my colleague. or I eat in my office. it depends on my mood.

Frankly, I prefer to read the newspaper during my lunch break. The co-workers didn't have much to offer. I'll rather watch paint dry.

You?

Most of the time I eat lunch alone then take 45 minutes nap. I just bring my lunch with me and drive to nice scenery area where I can park my car. Eat then sleep. I just prefer that way, cat nap ftw.

Occasionally I eat in group, We always take our clients or researcher out for lunch. I enjoyed having lunch with them, that's good time to get know each other more personally.

where we work, most of us prefer to be alone lol. but for any celebration lunches, then we do get together, I usually stay there for a short time because computer is waiting for me or meet another coworker who works in the different dept or meet someone else outside of my office for lunches.

You know, if I eat lunch with co-workers, sometime I felt that I had to work hard to listen with someone, to me it's not a lunch break, why I have to continue to work hard just to "listen"? So, there are time that I need a break from listening.. it's more peaceful relaxing just to have lunch alone.

Well, I'm still in school so I have to eat lunch in the commons with all of the students who just so happen to be in the same lunch as myself (We have six overlapping lunches in fourth bell so that all two, three thousand people can eat). I have friends who I sit with and am able to communicate with them as I do have a processor (cochlea implant). It's hard though so I just sit there and eat my lunch quietly. : l

I tend to leave work at lunch... or sit in my car just to get out of the building. It is called a break for a reason. :giggle:

I tend to leave work at lunch... or sit in my car just to get out of the building. It is called a break for a reason. :giggle:

When I was at the agency full time, everyone tended to turn their phone off, shut their door, and eat in their office. We all needed a break that centered us.

I used to do that till one day I drove to the McDonald drive in and some guy decided to refuse to move for 45 mintues. I was furious. I've never gone to fast food for lunch at work after that.

When I was at the agency full time, everyone tended to turn their phone off, shut their door, and eat in their office. We all needed a break that centered us.

It isn't a break unless I am out. I would get interupted often with questions and problems from other employees.

We only got 30 minute lunch breaks when I was working...just enuf time to stand in time at the cafeteria, order, find a seat and eat.....if there was a few minutes left of lunch, I liked to scan the local news in the paper...but it varied...sometimes we ate together (friends)...sometimes we had different lunch breaks depending upon the work load.

If I had of had an hour for Lunch, I'm sure I'd feel lke conversing with other people, but 30 minutes was too short. Mainly our little "coffee breaks" took care of any gossip or news we needed to talk about to each other...

that's why I never go out for lunch during lunch hour. utter waste of time. I usually have a lunch about 2 hours after lunch hour - around 2-3pm

I work with my co-workers. Why on earth would I choose to go to lunch with them? It's called a lunch break so i can break away from these people. :roll:

I often go down to the library cuz it's nice and quiet down there.

I almost always eat lunch alone. I prefer to eat lunch with a small group so I can participate in the talk.

It isn't a break unless I am out. I would get interupted often with questions and problems from other employees.

I had an "in session" sign on my door. No one dared to interupt when they saw that on my door.:P

Back