Love to do gardening?

Every other day. With feeding every other watering

when you have the time, can you post pictures?

what are you using for tomato food? And how much?

I think you might be "burning" the roots.

(Tomato food/fertilizer? soluble or not?)

Its supposed to be fed approx every two weeks if its in poor nutrient soil.

when you have the time, can you post pictures?

I just saw your link, but it is not on the stem, but the actual tomatoes. They start out perfect but when they get to a certain size the bottom flattens out and the flat part turns black

When I get up I can take a pic if you need more info. Its too dark right now.

Damn. Got to water every day. Thats a lot of water. I hope I can get it fixed up.

There are ways you can water, or make sure the plants are watered, without having to do it daily. Especially if you have them in pots.

Self Watering Plant Container out of a 2 liter bottle

;) Have fun man.

btw - if you transplant your tomatoes to this pot, make sure you do not damage the roots. You need to very gently dig around the base of the tomato plant with your fingers and gently free the roots. Give them a slight shake when free and very gently place them in the new container and very gently put a handful of a time potting soil around the roots.

Here are examples of my problem with squash plants:

Attachments

• plant1.jpg
    plant1.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 8
  • plant2.jpg
    plant2.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 8
  • plant3.jpg
    plant3.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 9
This is how my garden is set up and located:

Attachments

• boxes1.jpg
    boxes1.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 10
  • garden1.jpg
    garden1.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 9
  • garden2.jpg
    garden2.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 7
  • garden3.jpg
    garden3.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 10
Any ideas about what I'm doing wrong?

Here are examples of my problem with squash plants:

Bad soil!!

You need Lightweight digging with the fork around the squash. ((Fluffy soil around the squashes)) You need collection your cutting grass and cover it to keep moisture!! :) :)

You got a nice yard Reba. Thanks for letting me observe it.

Can't comment much on the squash. It seems like the soil looks weird but I'm no expert..

Bad soil!!

You need Lightweight digging with the fork around the squash. ((Fluffy soil around the squashes)) You need collection your cutting grass and cover it to keep moisture!! :) :)
:ty:

We do keep our grass cuttings for composting, and I use top soil (not the clay soil that is naturally on the ground) for my garden.

Do you put the clippings directly on the garden without composting it first? That is, do you put green clippings directly on it?

I like your backyard! such a nice cozy area to lazy around on hammock!
We don't have a hammock but we have a glider that we sit on. (You can see the fire pit in front of it.) Sometimes in the evening we roast hot dogs and marshmallows over the fire pit.

I think my back yard might be too shady for the garden. Last year we cut down the large maple tree that was back there. The fire pit is now where that tree stump is.

You got a nice yard Reba. Thanks for letting me observe it.

Can't comment much on the squash. It seems like the soil looks weird but I'm no expert..
Yeah, I'm wondering about the soil. :hmm:

Well, it looks good but it's not productive. I wonder if it is too shady for the garden?

my quick google search -

Growing squash tips
As with other vine-growing crops, squash prefers heat, but it is often somewhat hardier than melons or cucumbers. Squash plants require full sun, fertile soil, and sufficient moisture. The use of well composted material mixed into the soil is recommended.

Summer and winter squash grow best in fertile, well-drained soil containing high amounts of organic matter in areas of full sun. Organic matter can be added by incorporating compost into the soil as well as decomposed manure.

wow - I surely wish I have some squash gene for its toughness in summer and winter.

:ty:

We do keep our grass cuttings for composting, and I use top soil (not the clay soil that is naturally on the ground) for my garden.

Do you put the clippings directly on the garden without composting it first? That is, do you put green clippings directly on it?

Yes Okay>> put green grass, and It's will turn out to be yellow.. Not worry! :)

I am no expert either. I am with naisho about the soil looks like too dry to me. Again i don't know anything about it. My mom used to do garden her yard that i remember the soil was more moisture. Thats all i remember from my childhood with my mom's garden.

Back