"Love one another"

CyberRed said:
That's not true. Not all of them, IMO in despite of what the internet ( by research ) says. Both sides have problems, not just straight parents. Look at the Popes what they have done to boys. It spreaded "scandalous" about them.

Same with straight parents - one of them is sick and do crazy things, too. I don't see any difference in between gay/lesbian AND straight people. They all are the same to me.
yeah.. in your opinion.. :bowdown: you are always right.. internet (by research) is wrong.

EyesBlueDeaf said:
yeah.. in your opinion.. :bowdown: you are always right.. internet (by research) is wrong.

Naw - don't :bowdown: me, alwite ? lol
I just stated it through my experience. That's all. *shrugs* ;)

apathrev said:
Matthew 7:15 is not even under the same title, but 3 titles down.

Hi apathrev,

Excuse me, but the titles that you refer to are not in the original text and the scripture I refered to is in context (all the scripture refered to comes from the sermon on the mount); but it doesn't really matter where the scripture is found, Christ Jesus said to judge the prophets (the behavior of people): Matthew 7:15 & 16a Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves. Ye shall know them by their fruits"... Therefore your interpretation of Matthew 7:1-5 has to be wrong: Christ Jesus cannot say to judge not and then to judge in the same breath and both be right unless you go by my interpretation: You have to reconcile the two (don't you think that Christ could have had a speck in his eye when He said that?).

Not to mention that your interpretation does not agree with the whole of scripture; which it has to be a proper interpretation... For instance check these verses that you so connivently skipped over before:

1-Corinthians 6:2 Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters?
3 Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life?

Do You not see in the above scripture that the saints are worthy to judge the things that pertain to this life?

Moreover check these verses where the Apostle Paul (who is not God) makes a judgment:

1-CORINTHIANS 6
9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate [catamites], nor abusers of themselves with mankind [sodomites],
10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

Do You not see where the Apostle Paul lays down judgement on the fornicators, idolaters, adulterers, catamites, sodomites, thieves, covetous, drunkards, revilers, extortioners, that they will not inherit the kingdom of God (unless they repent:change their minds)?

And there are other examples in the Bible of Saints making judgments about peoples behavior: like James judging the rich.

Sorry but for a servant of God to pronouce God's judgments (that God has given us through His Word) on the people is not wrong; your interpretation of scripture is also faulty.

Love You,
FishTech

ITR - if Heath is banned, he cannot make a new username and come back on AD - it is against the rules. He can be banned permamently if he actually has done this.

DreamDeaf said:
ITR - if Heath is banned, he cannot make a new username and come back on AD - it is against the rules. He can be banned permamently if he actually has done this.

Ummmm, okay, DD. ;)

FishTech said:
Hi apathrev,

Excuse me, but the titles that you refer to are not in the original text and the scripture I refered to is in context (all the scripture refered to comes from the sermon on the mount);

Sections are divided for a reason.

but it doesn't really matter where the scripture is found, Christ Jesus said to judge the prophets (the behavior of people): Matthew 7:15 & 16a Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves. Ye shall know them by their fruits"... Therefore your interpretation of Matthew 7:1-5 has to be wrong: Christ Jesus cannot say to judge not and then to judge in the same breath and both be right unless you go by my interpretation:

Matthew 7:15-16 states:
15"Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves. 16By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles?

We are asked to watch out for false teachers. Not judge them for their sins. In doing this, we would have to be well versed in God's word to know the true teachings from the false prophet's teachings.

I don't know what part of "Do not judge, or you too shall be judged," can be misinterpreted. What is your interpretation of Matthew 7: 1-5?

You have to reconcile the two (don't you think that Christ could have had a speck in his eye when He said that?).

If Jesus had a "speck in his eye," that would mean he had sinned and is imperfect, and therefore could not have taken our place in death.

Not to mention that your interpretation does not agree with the whole of scripture; which it has to be a proper interpretation... For instance check these verses that you so connivently skipped over before:

1-Corinthians 6:2 Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters?
3 Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life?

Who are considered to be saints? And by this question I mean in context of the time, the area, and the author this was written.

Do You not see in the above scripture that the saints are worthy to judge the things that pertain to this life?

Have you looked at the context of this verse? It is referring to wrongs accused of by nonbelievers, and who is more competent to judge the cases.

apathrev said:
If Jesus had a "speck in his eye," that would mean he had sinned and is imperfect, and therefore could not have taken our place in death.

apathrev, You miss understand, I was speaking of a "a real speck", like a piece of dirt or something not a sin (he was a man after all, and could have experience that).

Moreover even the verses (and your interpretation of them) that you use to defend your idea that no one has the right to judge gives those that have repented (changed their minds and behavior) the right to judge... Read it for yourself:

Matthew 7:1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.
2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.
3 And why beholdest thou the mote [sin] that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam [greater sin] that is in thine own eye?
4 Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote [sin] out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam [greater sin] is in thine own eye?
5 Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam [greater sin] out of thine own eye [repent- change your mind and behavior]; and then shalt thou see clearly [be able to make a judgment] to cast out the mote [sin] out of thy brother's eye.

Did you hear it?... After a person has repented he is able to make a judgement ("see clearly enough") to help free someone from their sin ("cast out the mote from thy brother's eye")... Sorry, but the very verse you use to defend your interpretation that no one has the right to judge, gives the repentant the right to judge.

And those titles ("Sections are divided for a reason") you speak of are the interpretation of men; and as we all know the interpretations of men can be wrong- the titles are not scripture nor should they be treated as such.

And the context of 1-Corinthians 6:2 & 3 is about, instead of taking the church desputes to a secular court the church should judge them among themselves... But the statement made in 1-Corinthians 6:3 about judging is an all incompassing statement:

1-Corinthians 6:3 Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more [are we worthy to judge] things that pertain to this life?

As You can see from the above verse we are worthy to judge "the things that pertain to this life"... Now what in this life does that statement not compass?

And a saint according to the Word Of God is anyone that has been Born Again (has the Spirit of the Living God living in him).

Also you forgot to comment about Paul's judgment, of which you say Paul has no right to make because he is not God:

1-CORINTHIANS 6
9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate [catamites], nor abusers of themselves with mankind [sodomites],
10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

Do You not see where the Apostle Paul lays down judgement on the fornicators, idolaters, adulterers, catamites, sodomites, thieves, covetous, drunkards, revilers, extortioners, that they will not inherit the kingdom of God (unless they repent:change their minds)?

Sorry, but it is right and good to tell the people the judgment that God has pronounced upon them through His Word.

Love You,
FishTech

Last edited:
FishTech said:
Sorry, but it is right and good to tell the people the judgment that God has pronounced upon them through His Word.

Love You,
FishTech

It's good for people to want to have faith and get saved just to avoid hell, rather than because of God's love and knowing God is the Creator?

And before you start pouncing on me for not responding to your whole thread, I didn't bother since I'm tired of being lead around in circles. The verse speaks pretty clearly "Do not judge." If you interpret that as "Do judge," then whatever,

apathrev said:
It's good for people to want to have faith and get saved just to avoid hell, rather than because of God's love...?

apathrev, if you tell a sinner (lawbreaker) that God Loves him or her, he or she will just say great and go on his or her merry way with the false hope that everything is ok; never knowing the truth that he or she is separated from the fullness of God's Love and destined for a place of everlasting punishment (Hell) because they have broken God's Law (sinned)... Apathrev that is not Love that is deceit.

Not only that, but when you tell a sinner that God or Jesus Loves them and give no explaination to what that Love means, and what that Love has done, and what that Love can do for them all they want to do is stick their finger down their throat and say "gag me, it's another religous crazy"... To only give half the truth is a lie, and not the Love Of God.

Check these verses that say it is God's Truth (not half truth) that is His Love to mankind; and the consiquence of not receiving "The Love of the Truth":

2-Thessalonians 2:10b Because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

Did you hear it?... "The Love of the Truth"... God's Love to mankind is his Truth.

Christ Jesus was God's Love manifest in a human body and He preached about Hell more than anyone else in the Bible... Christ said that it would be better for us to poke out our eyes, and cut off our hands and feet than to end up in Hell... Can't you see by Christ's example that the whole truth about our lives and our absolute need to repent, and to receive Christ Jesus as LORD and Savior is God's Love to us?... Hear the words of Christ (God's Love to mankind):

Mark 9:43 And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:
44 Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.
45 And if thy foot offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter halt into life, than having two feet to be cast into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:
46 Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.
47 And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out: it is better for thee to enter into the kingdom of God with one eye, than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire:
48 Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.

It is God's Love ("the Love of the Truth") that is trying to keep all men, women, and children from going to a place of everlasting punishment (Hell)... And we as God's Children (Christians) are commanded to speak "the truth in love":

Ephesians 4:15b Speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ ...

apathrev said:
And before you start pouncing on me for not responding to your whole thread, I didn't bother since I'm tired of being lead around in circles. The verse speaks pretty clearly "Do not judge." If you interpret that as "Do judge," then whatever,

apathrev, I'm not leading you in circles, and I'm sorry if this hurts but you saw the same thing in the scripture when you read through it again: Christ said the repented have the right to judge:

Matthew 7:1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.
2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.
3 And why beholdest thou the mote [sin] that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam [greater sin] that is in thine own eye?
4 Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote [sin] out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam [greater sin] is in thine own eye?
5 Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam [greater sin] out of thine own eye [repent- change your mind and behavior]; and then shalt thou see clearly [be able to make a judgment] to cast out the mote [sin] out of thy brother's eye.

Did you hear it?... After a person has repented he is able to make a judgement ("see clearly") to help free someone from their sin ("to cast out the mote from thy brother's eye")... Sorry, but the very verse you use to defend your interpretation that no one has the right to judge, gives the repentant the right to judge.

Love You,
FishTech

For us to be in a position to judge, we would have to be completely sinless and pure, like Jesus' nature. This is impossible because of original sin.

apathrev said:
For us to be in a position to judge, we would have to be completely sinless and pure, like Jesus' nature. This is impossible because of original sin.

apathrev, was the Apostle Paul "sinless and pure"? Hear the judgements of the Apostle Paul who was not "sinless and pure":

1-CORINTHIANS 6

Sorry, but your statement is not supported by scripture!... Christians have the right to declare the judgments that God has pronounced on Mankind through the Word Of God just as the Apostle Paul did.

Love You,
FishTech

Preaching against gays

I am new here but I have noticed that a lot of straight people come into the gay forum and spout their beliefs and opinions. But, we as gay people, do not go into the other forums trying to convert the straights and get a toaster oven in the process. Nor do we try to make every conversation or comment about rainbows. But we do have conversations in other forums that relate to the topic of the forum. Just something I noticed. :wtf:

DAMN IT!!! ok, here s 1 for all "He or She who is w/out sin cast the 1 st stone!!" ( catholic school 12 yrs worth 2. as well as 18 yrs of my life ( from birth till the day I turned 18) in church every sun for services and every sat. for confession) Now, my mom s favorite and mine, He or She who lives in glass houses should never throw stones, but instead they throw boulders!!!
peace n love 2 all,
I m livin my life the way I choose, kat

Back