Looking to meet new friends ☺️

Taavinen

Reaction score
Hi all ☺️
I'm looking to meet new friends that are deaf or HOH I have autoimmune inner ear disease and am going deaf. Have a CI in my right ear and am losing my hearing in my left ear.

Just looking for new friends in their 20's 30's and 40's to chat with!

Lol. Wasnt meant like that. Been going deaf for 4 years and wanting to make friends around my age to share common interests with etc.

There are a lot of people here your age . Are you working right now if so is your company be supported with your hearing lost ?

yes im a registered nurse. Work 4 days a week. The loss of vestibular function is more of an issue than going deaf TBH :/
Yes work has been very supportive thankfully! Never imagined i would start going deaf back when i was 33!

yes im a registered nurse. Work 4 days a week. The loss of vestibular function is more of an issue than going deaf TBH :/
Yes work has been very supportive thankfully! Never imagined i would start going deaf back when i was 33!

I was health aide for about 9 years , I had to stop working after my car was Tbone by a teenager driver. I was on the job when it happen .

That had to been adjustment for you losing your hearing . So we do have something in common after all , working in the medial field .

I think where we are getting our wires crossed is when I said 'just want to meet'. That was referring to friendship only as I'm married ☺️ I will chat to anyone!!
Yeah it's been a massive adjustment

I think where we are getting our wires crossed is when I said 'just want to meet'. That was referring to friendship only as I'm married ☺️ I will chat to anyone!!
Yeah it's been a massive adjustment

LOL! No my wires are not crossed, I am 69 yo grandma to happen to like chatting with people of all ages. I was joking around with you .
When I go out in public I will talk to people of all ages I can learn something new and people will learn something new from me. You're not my type , I like Black men , my daughter is Black .

cooltext1879335321_zps0a259104.png

I have profound hearing loss. I don't wear hearing aids. I don't have speaking skills. I use American Sign Language. It is hard to find one that is like me on AllDeaf.

I have profound hearing loss. I don't wear hearing aids. I don't have speaking skills. I use American Sign Language. It is hard to find one that is like me on AllDeaf.

Do you choose not to wear hearing aids or is it just something that won't help you? I also have a profound loss but can hear with hearing aids

Do you choose not to wear hearing aids or is it just something that won't help you? I also have a profound loss but can hear with hearing aids

Hearing aids didn't help me at all. I have cochlear implant magnet in my head. Insurance won't pay for the cochlear implant device. Medicare sucks! I am going to apply for another insurance soon.

I find it ridiculous that most insurance doesn't cover hearing devices. My audiologist said I may be a candidate for CI. I've been asking people here about there experience with it because I have mixed emotions about getting it done.

I have profound deafness. I don't speak but that doesn't stop me from using my voice! May not be able to hear my self but I will use what was given to me.. :).. I only use ASL as my source of communication, so me and you are the same so to speak in terms. :hmm:

I have profound deafness. I don't speak but that doesn't stop me from using my voice! May not be able to hear my self but I will use what was given to me.. :).. I only use ASL as my source of communication, so me and you are the same so to speak in terms. :hmm:

Yay! It is nice to know that I am not the only one that does not speak. :cheers:

Yay! It is nice to know that I am not the only one that does not speak. :cheers:

Depends on how you look at it. I find I put my foot in my mouth more often than not so would probably be better off if I kept my mouth shut and not speak anyways. :hmm:

Depends on how you look at it. I find I put my foot in my mouth more often than not so would probably be better off if I kept my mouth shut and not speak anyways. :hmm:

Lol. I tend to give dirty looks at everyone but that could also go for running your mouth at someone so even though my mouth is shut, it's not! :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Back