Looking for Deaf Events in NJ

kristin214

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to the site. I'm hearing but taking an ASL course and am really enjoying it. I enjoy learning about Deaf culture and signs. For the class I need to go to a Deaf event but can't seem to find any, any ideas of Deaf Events in NJ?

Note: For those who are interested in deaf social gatherings at bars and lounges, join the NJ DPHH group on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=62821960428

If anyone finds out, let me know too! I'm hearing and from NJ, but I am really interested in deaf culture.

Here's what I got so far...

- Holocaust Memorial Commemoration and 64th Anniversary of the Warsaw Ghetto Uprising, April 15 from 3 PM to 5:30 PM at Temple Beth Shalom 40-25 Fair Lawn Ave, Fair Lawn, NJ

- South Jersey Bowling Asso. for the Deaf's 5th Annual Singles Classic Bowling Tourney on April 7th from 12 PM to 5 PM at 100 American Blvd., Turnersville, NJ

- 20th Anniversary ASL Festival (recommended) on April 14th at Cranford Campus Commons Area, Union County College from 10:30 AM to 4:30 PM

- New Jersey Deaf Exposition (recommended) on April 21 at Parsippany P.A.L. Center, 33 Baldwin Road, Parsippany, NJ, from 10 AM to 6 PM. More info at Welcome to New Jersey Deaf Exposition

Summer Events?

Hi,

I am also hearing, and am studying ASL at college... I would love to attend some Deaf events this summer while I am in NJ, and was wondering if anyone knew of any.

Thanks!

Back