LOOK in this link and see what she ......

I agree with everything she says! However, it wasnt necessarily for her to mention about the death of Miss Texas girl...

I've seen so many deafies here in Oklahoma...they sit, play, do drugs/drinking/sex with one another, receives SSI disability...THEY ARE LAZY!!!

I despise these deafies people here in Oklahoma! They are cruel, mean, backstabber, two-faced, so forth....I really hate it here! All they do is backstab my reputation..telling everyone to stay away from me..that really hurts me alot...but know what? I hope someday that I will get surgery for my both ears to be hearing or get cochlear implant!

I am comfortable to chat here on alldeaf BUT I am not comfortable being around deaf community here in Oklahoma!

Be honest with you, I will never ever want to be around with these deaf community! EVER! They seems have nothing to do but gossip gossip gossip!

zookeeper4321 said:
Maybe, we can change it if we post enough positive examples. :rifle:

If only life were that easy, right? :)

She and I are from the same area, same group of friends, etc. No one in our immediate group of friends is like that. Do we know people like that? Sure. But lumping everyone together was silly when she and I know damn well that not everyone is like that.

Keep in mind that not all H.I. people take advantage of ADA, welfare and what other things you spouted off. There are many many hard working H.I. people that would not even think of getting welfare because of pride and they need to be on it but they refuse. I agree there are many people who take advantage but come on, they come in all walks of life not just H.I. I know of plenty of people out there that take advantage of "the system" and get away with it. There are a lot of ligitimate people who need to be on welfare. Kuddo's for you for getting as far as you have in life but not everyone is as fortunate as you.

Castleman said:

NRG said:
Keep in mind that not all H.I. people take advantage of ADA, welfare and what other things you spouted off. There are many many hard working H.I. people that would not even think of getting welfare because of pride and they need to be on it but they refuse. I agree there are many people who take advantage but come on, they come in all walks of life not just H.I. I know of plenty of people out there that take advantage of "the system" and get away with it. There are a lot of ligitimate people who need to be on welfare. Kuddo's for you for getting as far as you have in life but not everyone is as fortunate as you.
You're right, not all deaf people abuse ADA or SSI/SSDI.

I get SSDI and use it to help me pay for school, housing, and food. I also use it to help me pay for living through the summer when I'm not in school. I even get a job during the summer to help me get by.

I've seen some deaf people who get $800 to $1,000 a month in SSI/SSDI and squander it on drugs, alcohol, and other expensive clothes such as $200 Air Jordans, $100 Tommy Hilfigers, $150 purses, etc. I knew one gal who got a new SUV and squandered all of her money on clothes only to complain that she couldn't afford the SUV. :roll:

As for ADA, it is a priviledge not to be abused. If I got a job that requires me to use a phone as part of my job, then I have a right to ask for a TTY. I've seen people who have jobs that have NO need for TTYs, but they demand a TTY anyway. I've seen people show up for interviews with no interpreter provided. They later sue because no interpreter was provided, but the company didn't know she needed one. Like I said, it's a priviledge you have to respectfully ask for... not blantly expect at all times. :roll:

VamPyroX said:
You're right, not all deaf people abuse ADA or SSI/SSDI.

I get SSDI and use it to help me pay for school, housing, and food. I also use it to help me pay for living through the summer when I'm not in school. I even get a job during the summer to help me get by.

I've seen some deaf people who get $800 to $1,000 a month in SSI/SSDI and squander it on drugs, alcohol, and other expensive clothes such as $200 Air Jordans, $100 Tommy Hilfigers, $150 purses, etc. I knew one gal who got a new SUV and squandered all of her money on clothes only to complain that she couldn't afford the SUV. :roll:

As for ADA, it is a priviledge not to be abused. If I got a job that requires me to use a phone as part of my job, then I have a right to ask for a TTY. I've seen people who have jobs that have NO need for TTYs, but they demand a TTY anyway. I've seen people show up for interviews with no interpreter provided. They later sue because no interpreter was provided, but the company didn't know she needed one. Like I said, it's a priviledge you have to respectfully ask for... not blantly expect at all times. :roll:

These peoples' counselors need to be told about this so that their state will stop paying those lazy imbusils' free ride.

Back