Long Distance Relationship

Will you date anyone for long distance relationship? If so, tell me why, if no, tell me why not.

Heck to the no :wave:

If I was ever in a long distance relationship, I don't think I would be able to endure the long miles between us. I need someone to cuddle with whenever I am feeling lonely, frisky, and/or cold. Which is oh... nearly every night :D

I'm not biased against meeting someone from another state, there are success stories in my family but to pursue a relationship with no expectations of the physical touch for many months at a time?? That's rough indeed.

He'd better be worth it.

Last edited:
no, i don't do long distance relationships. i think it's pointless, unless the guy is drafted overseas.. i'm not really into military guys anyway!

Never had any luck with a long distance relationship. And it was not for lack of trying.

Oh well... i would like looking for LDR but it's too far alway... hummm that is all what i said......

You could have as many as LDRs. If you plan to visit your family in other state, you can ask one of them who lives in the other state to spend time with you. How many states in USA? 50? Would it be nice? countries? Many? Would it be more nice? How many stars in space?

Oh well... i would like looking for LDR but it's too far alway... hummm that is all what i said......

:wave: Hi TDG! I'm from Virginia, too!

Ah well it doesn't have to very far like oversea or coast to coast (west and east). It can be like VA & TN, which is only 6 hours apart from each other. Are you willing to be in relationship with someone who is 1 or 2 hours away?

I understand that it is difficult and tough to be in relationship with someone and not being able to cuddle or hug when you need and want it. But can rely on comfort of words or seeing each other on videophone or webcam.

:hmm: Everyone is different. :D

You could have as many as LDRs. If you plan to visit your family in other state, you can ask one of them who lives in the other state to spend time with you. How many states in USA? 50? Would it be nice? countries? Many? Would it be more nice? How many stars in space?
Yeah... seems to work for Tiger Woods.... OH MAN!!! :rofl2:

I had date with LDR twice times. It's not worked out for me. I prefer real person face to face in local distance relationship because I can see my man everyday, get spend time together go anywhere for fun, have sex and cooking together. I'm happy to have wonderful husband! I don't like long distance relationship. It's wasted the money to visit in trip.

I tried it once. I dated a woman in Georgia for 3.5 years and I'm in northern California. Needless to say, it didn't work.

Scott

I had date with LDR twice times. It's not worked out for me. I prefer real person face to face in local distance relationship because I can see my man everyday, get spend time together go anywhere for fun, have sex and cooking together. I'm happy to have wonderful husband! I don't like long distance relationship. It's wasted the money to visit in trip.

I've spent a considerable amount for my lady and I to get together these few times that we have so far... I haven't once considered it wasted.

But that's just me.

Have experienced it and dislikes it. But if I am dating. I will rather clean out the whole city, then the state..if no luck then I will add the miles to my limit and give it other shot but it wont be easy to continue due to past experiences.

I'm not really sure if I would do long distance. I had a pretty short-distance boyfriend for a while and that was a totally sour experience haha. Hour and a half away and he acted like we were in different countries! Oof.

2 of my best friends are in LDRs and they do it well....so...I guess if I met someone who seemed super worth it...

-copied and pasted from Wikipedia "long distance relationship"-

The benefits of long distance relationships

* Partners in a long distance relationship develop a strong sense of trust.
* Because of the large distance between the partners, they learn to appreciate one another and not take each other for granted.
* The effort that both partners put in to keep in touch, whether over the phone or e-mail can promote a special bond. They may learn more about each other's personality, values, ideas, and dreams than those people who spend time together everyday.
* The couple appreciates - and longs for - the physical intimacy than they share during the time that they are together.​

Helpful tips for a good long distance relationship

1. Pursue common interests.
2. Avoid the temptation to be controlling.
3. Talk about the future.
4. Visit each other often.
5. Avoid jealousy.
6. Be trusting.
7. Create your own set of relationship standards.
8. Agree on activities that you can do together at the same time while you are apart.​

Those are quite helpful tips.

Back