Little Corner (Happy Space)

:D :ty: Bott, and Berry - for the poodle balloon! *admires balloon* I really like it!

I do eat and like some seafood - smells good...haven't had grilled corn on cob in a long time, yum! Ooooh, and salads and peaches!! Think I'll join you there, Botti!

Is that purple canoe still around? Seems like a very relaxing thing to do...maybe try later

oh, I just saw a Cici's! It's new here. When I saw, I thought of Botti...
I think I'll relax and enjoy my friends here with my new balloon:)

Hi there! I know we love our sweeties but I brought everyone an elote. It is whole young corn grilled shucks on till they are all burnt off, leaving the corn inside sweet, lightly smoky and ready for a dip in a cylinder of melted butter, espices (spices) or sometimes flavored mayo! I brought all the goodies and like mine with butter and cajun spice.
I see that the conversation is about siblings, canoes and summer things. I hope I remembered my fishing pole - anyone want to try a line?
I have no blood siblings, but have a great foster brother who has been close for most of my life. He signs a bit. His daughter, my niece, signs gracefully as does her son. I have 5 kids. One is hoh, and one is learning asl. Oddly, not the hoh one, lol.
Speaking of fish and pets, does anyone here have an aquarium? I do. It is in transition now. I just removed the ugf (undergravel filter) and had to cut back and trim the plants severely.
Ok, hope everyone enjoys the elote. I am heading down to see if Doug wants to go canoe fishing.

We used to keep an aquarium. I have had Oscars and lots of Bettas. One time two twenty gallon tanks of Bettas as my daughter had a father Betta who successfully hatched a lot of young.

I think Bettas may be my favorite. Hopefully I can find another tank soon to keep them in their own biotope. I have 3 Bettas, all cobalt, two females and one male.

I used to have a fan-tail goldfish and a fan-tail black moor. They both lived to be 10 years old. MIL will not allow a fish tank as she feels they are smelly and create too much damage. Boy-oh-boy I can't wait until we move out of here. Then we can get me a dog, the kids a cat and all of us some fish again.

A happy note:

My daughter (ASL_Bobbie) who interprets had me run off to the local community college and sign the National Anthem for their graduation ceremony.

I must have done something right one woman said she cried watching it was so powerful. I was tongue tied and did not know what to say.

But it was fun.

Is that purple canoe still around? Seems like a very relaxing thing to do...maybe try later

It's Milli's canoe but I'm sure she won't mind sharing :)

A happy note:

My daughter (ASL_Bobbie) who interprets had me run off to the local community college and sign the National Anthem for their graduation ceremony.

I must have done something right one woman said she cried watching it was so powerful. I was tongue tied and did not know what to say.

But it was fun.

That's nice Berry :)

Erm guys I forgot to say to you Milli won't be on for a while. She had an accident yesterday and is currently in hospital. She has broken her wrist and has a nasty head injury. She told me to post on here to let you know. If you see her name logged on it probably will be me checking that there's no post for her. Any messages left I will happily give to her. Thankyou :)

Hoping Milli gets better soon. Man-oh-man - it just doesn't stop.

We will keep a bonfire going for her here in the happy place.

Tell Milli she's in my prayers and hope she gets back soon. You seem like a great brother :)

Looks at the water, which is quiet; the sky, which is clear; and the tree which stands alone.

Haven't actually painted since my late wife became ill. So twenty years. Never was the world's greatest artist and I've lost some skills, but I enjoyed doing these today.

This thread gave me the idea of painting again, and for some time now I have been intrigued by the idea of painting things I see in the clouds.

I don't know how to upload pictures to AllDeaf but you can find me on FaceBook. Uploading there was no problem.

Just checked your paintings, Berry. You do have talent. :)

Thank you both. As it was our little happy corner here that inspired me I thought it appropriate to post it here.

Back