list of deaf filmmakers

Just because he told you to go back to film school doesn't mean he has to go to film school. He's simply trying to get you to not give up.

no he is being a hypocrite.

Film School or Not?

It is up to each individual to decide to go to film school or not. I started in video stuff before I went to film school. I spent years self teaching myself all aspects and then I went to film school. I graduated and I am glad i have more credentials that way and I am still learning.

I have contacts with more than 50 filmmakers around the globe. I have the list. They are interesting people and they have made interesting films.

As for Gally peeps, I am surprised at how those people treated students like that. I am beginning to wonder if something is not right somewhere in the administration. Why can't there be more filmmakers? Is it professional jealousy? Lack of responsibility? or what?

Something stinks! I guess something needs to be done to improve the program and churn out more filmmakers!

One way or another, everyone has a right to believe in him/her self!

We do need more films as we enjoy and learn from each creativity of each film.

Keep on filming!

:ily:

It is up to each individual to decide to go to film school or not. I started in video stuff before I went to film school. I spent years self teaching myself all aspects and then I went to film school. I graduated and I am glad i have more credentials that way and I am still learning.

I have contacts with more than 50 filmmakers around the globe. I have the list. They are interesting people and they have made interesting films.

As for Gally peeps, I am surprised at how those people treated students like that. I am beginning to wonder if something is not right somewhere in the administration. Why can't there be more filmmakers? Is it professional jealousy? Lack of responsibility? or what?

Something stinks! I guess something needs to be done to improve the program and churn out more filmmakers!

One way or another, everyone has a right to believe in him/her self!

We do need more films as we enjoy and learn from each creativity of each film.

Keep on filming!

:ily:

I underwent the film course last year but I left due to too much pressure but I plan to return one day soon to complete the course and earn the Dipolma. But I make movies in my time.

And another thing...

Mark Wood never went to Gallaudet...
He educated himself...
And Sorenson and Sprint gave him $180,000
to make films.

And Wayne Betts (1 semester of Gallaudet) and Chad Taylor don't have tv or film degree.. and they get $30,000 sponsorship from Hand On VRS.

And Joe Joslyn who graduated from Gallaudet with Film Degree get nothing.

What a big SLAP in the FACE that is!!!!

That is why I said Deaf people can succeed without going to Gallaudet.

Sorry if it is old thread.

Just spotted that bold line. He and I went to gallaudet at the same year. I think he stayed there for two years.

just clarify this one. :dunno2:

Sorry if it is old thread.

Just spotted that bold line. He and I went to gallaudet at the same year. I think he stayed there for two years.

just clarify this one. :dunno2:

That is right. Two years? I think it is three years. He used to work as RA at Cogswell Hall for only a few months and then he got fired.

And yet it sells. He is good at casting.

not only casting, the script is just s script, i bet his philosophy to film making is that script is just a bit, its the way its put to together (ie editing) that counts...

so , no i dont buy it, Quentin DO know how to make films, its shoots, and editing that is 'his script'
think comics, not written stories, comics have actions in pictures, and so does QT's films...

Oh i remember he was a r.a. didnt realize that he got fired. Lol

why thank you! :D

I don't know about any of that but what I remember about Mark is how he would bible thump everybody at Gallaudet. He was into evangalism at the time. It was AWFUL! He and his wife were really disrespectful and harsh about that. They have since stopped so everything is all good now. I see them all the time as my son and their son are on the same sports teams. They really are nice people who actively give back to the community. I really respect them now.

That is why I said Deaf people can succeed without going to Gallaudet.

Since when do deaf people succeeded by going to Gallaudet? Just wondering... Its graduate school may have a good recognition, but definitely not bachelor studies at all.

Unless I"ve missed out a lot.

WOW, this thread went WAY OFF TOPIC!!

I've been collecting Deaf filmmakers movies (DVDs) recently.

I know of:

ASL films
Rustic Lantern Films
Peter Wolf productions
Hilari Scarl (not deaf but did superdeafy)

Any others??

Back