Leaving the AD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Miss-Delectable said:
*jumping into fray*

I do agree alot with Malfoyish.

I'm gonna jump in here as well. I wholeheartedly agree with Eve, Malfy and Miss Delectable. Let me say, I have nothing against anybody who wants to leave, but guys, come on, we're all adults. There are ways to deal with someone who is upsetting you. I will admit that I'm not perfect, and there have been times when I have dealt with someone the wrong way, but when it comes down to it, we are the ones who choose to respond to things the way we do. We choose to add to the problem when we do. We choose to ignore someone when we do. It's all in our control how we respond to the people around us.

A lot of the dramas that go on here can be avoided by simply ignoring a person. That's the mature thing to do. Now, is it more of thrill to go for the person's throat? Yes, it is. Lets all be honest, most of us have done it. My personal belief is that by creating these "I'm gonna leave..." threads, you're just adding to the drama. You're just doing it passively.

Eve said:
what a bunch of cry babies! somebody hand me a hanky, i think im gonna cry. boo hoo
Is that you, Eve, the same from Linc's defunct site???
If so, whoaaaa, hang on to your beanies, folks, the Ironmaiden is here!!
:hug:

Ive had thoughts about leaving AD several times, and did tell someone that - but after a cooling off period, I came back - BUT I CAN and DO understand why people would leave - just because they're on the other side of the screen, does not mean they don't have thoughts, feelings and emotions just like you and I.

It is the negativity and toxicity that we don't need here, especially when you receive them in private messages and instant messaging services - if you have a problem, then go butt out of AllDeaf, take your negativity and go spam somewhere else.

AllDeaf used to be and is still a friendly forum, but even I do get tired of SOME people thinking they can say anything they want to say and then sit back and watch the flames burst out of control.

We often need to exercise some control over our words, but there are times when I do not want to do that - and again, I did wait before I posted in here - but the day will come when I won't even exercise the control...and just spew the anger out of my flying fingers, directed at the very person who might post in here or somewhere else.

In all, we all are HUMAN.

Just "topic"
non friendly or friendly.. Important how can you feel trust that topic.. in your insincts important.
I do follow my own insincts feelings which the good topic is safe... so Go Ahead written the thread.. If flaming or attack.. Don't respond! Best key *read and ingore* don't written your respond..

If nasty pm'ed.. *file report to Alex or mod* will be very happy handle the problems.

I've seen here little bit getting Drama.. but just "forum".

DreamDeaf said:
It is the negativity and toxicity that we don't need here, especially when you receive them in private messages and instant messaging services - if you have a problem, then go butt out of AllDeaf, take your negativity and go spam somewhere else.

AllDeaf used to be and is still a friendly forum, but even I do get tired of SOME people thinking they can say anything they want to say and then sit back and watch the flames burst out of control.

We often need to exercise some control over our words, but there are times when I do not want to do that - and again, I did wait before I posted in here - but the day will come when I won't even exercise the control...and just spew the anger out of my flying fingers, directed at the very person who might post in here or somewhere else.

:gpost: Well said here DreamDeaf :thumb:

Beowulf said:
:hug:
Yep it is her... Gotta love that Eve! She is what AllDeaf just needs... :D

DreamDeaf said:
Ive had thoughts about leaving AD several times, and did tell someone that - but after a cooling off period, I came back - BUT I CAN and DO understand why people would leave - just because they're on the other side of the screen, does not mean they don't have thoughts, feelings and emotions just like you and I.

I second that!! :)

TOF

I might leave as well, because no one in here agrees with me and no one in here pays attention to me. I'd rather stay in the filefront.com forums where I moderate.

aww, good luck Nusent in other site!! :)

TOF

DreamDeaf said:

how true... i agree with u...

I would say all plms go to Alex... I do believe he will take of care. In the otherwise, u know I am not often postings because of my overtime at work and other to do at home. I do not care whoever PMed me or other like email, paging me. I would say "Oh okay, what is up with you?" If it's become UGLY then I would ask them to leave or delate... that is it. I been tired of this S**T out there and make a simple respect with us. I like to meet new faces and become friends BUT the way of you are... that is judgement for you and me.

yup, it's me, and some better look out. sorry, but the name "beowulf" isnt familiar, what other sn's have you used?

Behave, ladies.. especially you, Eve. Do I need to take out that hated candy and whip you around with it again? :whistle:

This might be a little off topic, but we have to realize how we are adding to the problem here... think about it... all of us. This is a good lesson and opportunity, methinks! Sometimes I don't realize I seriously contribute to a problem... ah well, that is why we make mistakes... we learn what is good and what is bad for us. Nobody decides but ourselves, right?

A lot of the dramas that go on here can be avoided by simply ignoring a person. That's the mature thing to do. Now, is it more of thrill to go for the person's throat? Yes, it is. Lets all be honest, most of us have done it. My personal belief is that by creating these "I'm gonna leave..." threads, you're just adding to the drama. You're just doing it passively.

You think i am starting drama?? I am just letting someone know that things are out of control and needed to be fixed. i just want this forum to be friendly. Your the one being drama queen!!!

eve, you said oh bunches of cry babies. let me cry you a river and build me a bridge and get over with it!

Liza said:
Behave, ladies.. especially you, Eve. Do I need to take out that hated candy and whip you around with it again? :whistle:

This might be a little off topic, but we have to realize how we are adding to the problem here... think about it... all of us. This is a good lesson and opportunity, methinks! Sometimes I don't realize I seriously contribute to a problem... ah well, that is why we make mistakes... we learn what is good and what is bad for us. Nobody decides but ourselves, right?

Liza, your right. i just was hoping that we could sit down and dicuss to improve AllDeaf.

I think if AD was just everybody agreeing with everyone else and constantly stroking egos it would be boring.

I certainly don't expect many people to agree with me, and I can live without praise (in fact, it embarresses me).

However, people should always be polite to each other. They should not make threats, call bad names, or make personal attacks. I think we can say to each other, "I don't agree with you" without saying, "because you are stupid/low morals/selfish" or whatever insult.

Please guys, don't stay away forever. Come back soon. :sadwave:

Reba said:
However, people should always be polite to each other. They should not make threats, call bad names, or make personal attacks. I think we can say to each other, "I don't agree with you" without saying, "because you are stupid/low morals/selfish" or whatever insult.

Reba - I agree with you. We can agree to disagree with respect. As long as we make our points made and our opinions out in the open, without being attacked, flamed or slapped around with a wet noodle, we can coexist peacefully and at the same time, learning new lessons.

Reba - I enjoyed sparring with you in the Bible thread, and you certainly earned my respect for your strong faith and beliefs - wtg, Reba!

Oakley - Must I wrap myself around your legs to make you stay? Just say the word, and I'll do that!

First of all... this forum is far better in comparison to some of the other deaf-oriented forums. But yes, there are some problems here. However they are not as bad as one would make it out to be, it would take some time to discuss the problems and develop the solutions to them.

First of all, people should be allowed to speak their minds even if someone feel offended. People need to agree to disagree rather than flaming or getting too personal. I've had to deal with such a situation a few times in the past and it is absolutely uncalled for a person to be harrassed or scolded via private messages based on personal feelings and as a response to a thread.

Express yourself and you shall not be punished for it. That's how it should be, even if it's Anti-Gay, Anti-Jew, Anti-Deaf, Anti-Black and more as long they are not made with intentions to cause verbal and physical violence. There's a difference when it come to expressing yourself and making statements with an intention to cause problems.

Reba is right, people should be polite to each other even if one is being rude to the other. Two wrongs doesn't make a right, and returning the rudeness isn't going to help except it'll just worsen the problem. :)

I agree with Reba too. :) Oakley and Sequias, I hope you both can stay...if anyone bothers you, just PM Alex and put those people who were rude to you on "ignore".

And name calling is not the answer to help someone here....like Banjo said, two wrongs don't make it right...we need to respect others and we should return that respect.

Eve said:
what a bunch of cry babies! somebody hand me a hanky, i think im gonna cry. boo hoo

fu1mh.gif

Get lost, bitch!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back