Leave the Nest

How did this thread become about MsP ?

*ahem*

Anyway, I see nothing wrong with supporting a child through college. You should teach him or her responsbilities along the way; such has how to prepare meals, take care of their own laundry, and that sort of thing. And, how to manage money and spend wisely.

It's tough for someone to put themselves through college, so I think it's almost necessary for the parents to help out. However, I don't think that means the kid gets a free ride, either. In the ideal situation, the kid should work a part time job with grants and scholarships to help defray costs. The parents can then help out with the balance. Once the kid gets the degree, they need to find a decent job. Then, the parent needs to give the kid so much time to find a place of his or her own, and to move the f*ck out!

Last edited:
Cheri! This discussion has NOTHING to do with getting RS back! Any discussing about wantin to get RS back here is BORING and NEEDLESS! I am only giving an example where everybody here knows about. This would have given everybody an idea why it is not always good idea to co-dependent. The only exception I would make is that my kids is retarded, or at the point where they can't take care of themselves. I would then rather keep my kids than state taking over. I would give my kids two choices, they can stay at my home until finish college degree, OR move out few months after High school. This really encourages them to think of higher education. I personally wish I had finish college! I still have a year or two left! DAMN me.

Cheri said:
Erm... You pmed me and told me not to bring up RS in threads but you doing the same thing? :ugh:

Anyways, I would not kick my boys out, They are welcome to stay/come back anytime they want. I wouldn't close the door on my boys. If they need help I'll be there for them. ;)

diehardbiker65 said:
Cheri! This discussion has NOTHING to do with getting RS back! Any discussing about wantin to get RS back here is BORING and NEEDLESS!

I never made a thread to wanted him back. You pmed me complain about my thread, not my discussion. :confused: Make sure you double check before accusing someone. Please don't go on screaming at me with your comment. I don't like to be told what to do when you doing the same thing. :confused:

End of discussion, Don't want to discuss this anymore. :mrgreen:

My hubby work all his life and pay their parents for weekly housekeep because she wash and cook for him. He support his parents with things in the house, too. My hubby is not type to sit and whine for nothing. He´s working person like me.

I will make my children go to work and explain them why go to work is most important...

but at least for all the hard work, I can provide myself and family members...
can afford many stuff. Responding to Meg.

I know I dont have kids but I do get the idea in case IF I ever got kid in my life. I dont mind have child live with me after the child turn 18 years old. BUT I do agree with Meg. I would let them live with me AS long they have a plan for their life (hopefully go college and graduate) then get job work hard. YES I would let child get job while in high school but on strict base as long their grades and work dont mess such as failing classes. Of course, I would encourage them to learn how to pay bills, cooking, and cleaning because I kinda havent learn all basics from parents but mostly by myself. I didnt move out until almost last year (this aug will be one year) which I was only 28 years old and my brother 22 years old.

We love living on our own as much as we work hard. Right now, We are going through hardship since brother lost his job and I work part time paying all bills with all best as I can.

Miss. P Let me ask you question...Have you ever work for someone? If you havent then how can you get idea how the boss would be like? IT IS HARD to have your own business. Wonder what kind business are you trying to have on your own? Perhaps it time for you start making a remodel of yourself by go out look for job, save up money for your dream such as own a business or vacation, and move out of your parent's house AS IF you are ready. Just think about this, is this giving your parent the burden or hard time with you living with them and have no jobs being depressed and be feeling sorry for yourself without get any help. Maybe you should talk to your parents about this, IF your parent willing to help you with your own life by improve it or at least something better for yourself then ASK THEM...IF they dont help you then IT best for YOU to do it YOURSELF prove them that you did it all yourself and dont need their help anymore. I am sure that would somewhat make them feel gulity for not helping OR they could be proud of you for doing all this by yourself. It can go either way, BUT in good way.

It is harder to find job same as try set up a business on your own.

Shiva said:
I
Miss. P Let me ask you question...Have you ever work for someone? If you havent then how can you get idea how the boss would be like? IT IS HARD to have your own business. Wonder what kind business are you trying to have on your own? Perhaps it time for you start making a remodel of yourself by go out look for job, save up money for your dream such as own a business or vacation, and move out of your parent's house AS IF you are ready. Just think about this, is this giving your parent the burden or hard time with you living with them and have no jobs being depressed and be feeling sorry for yourself without get any help. Maybe you should talk to your parents about this, IF your parent willing to help you with your own life by improve it or at least something better for yourself then ASK THEM...IF they dont help you then IT best for YOU to do it YOURSELF prove them that you did it all yourself and dont need their help anymore. I am sure that would somewhat make them feel gulity for not helping OR they could be proud of you for doing all this by yourself. It can go either way, BUT in good way.

It is harder to find job same as try set up a business on your own.

No I have not work for someone. I was a landlady for a few months.
Just a home business. Only if you make it hard.

Miss*Pinocchio said:
Would you tell your kids to move out by age 18?
Or would you tell your kids to move out by age 21?
...So what will you do for your child?
Will you kick them out of the nest at age 18? :|
I never told my daughter to move out. She was married at 19, and of course moved out on her wedding day. We made her bedroom into a home office later that day.

My parents never told me to move out. I enlisted in the Navy when I was 19, so that was the day I moved out. My hubby's parents never told him to move out. He was drafted when he was age 19, so that was the day he moved out.

Starting the day after weaning, it is the responsibility of parents to prepare their children to leave the nest. I don't believe there is a set "date" or age, but if a child is raised to be independent and self-sufficient, then that time will not delay too long. (I know there are some exceptions and delays, such as finishing college or illness).

if u can put up with ur parents, fine. i didnt and i moved out for college when i was 18. my wife and i just delivered our first baby 3 weeks ago. we hope he would grow independent and move out on his own when he's ready.

net0man said:
if u can put up with ur parents, fine. i didnt and i moved out for college when i was 18. my wife and i just delivered our first baby 3 weeks ago. we hope he would grow independent and move out on his own when he's ready.

congrats on your new baby boy!!! ;)

Back