Laws to Prevent Protesters at Soldiers Funeral

Status
Not open for further replies.
When a soldier chooses his path, he has made himself (herself) something more than just an average citizen, and as such draws the scorn (rightful or otherwise) of those who protest the war. While I would find it difficult to wage a protest at a soldier's funeral myself, the fact remains that our Consitution protects our right to free speech and to peacibly assemble. These are the rights these soldiers say they fight and die for.

The ACLU has only one purpose - to protect our Constitutional rights - and that puts them on ALL of our side. If you take away the rights of even distasteful people to assemble and speak (like Nazis and pedophiles) who gets to say who is next? Women? Blacks? Immigrants? Deaf activists? Catholics? Where do we draw the line? Or do we have to say - EVERYONE gets to speak and assemble? That's what our Constitution says - as troubling as it may be to accept a protester at a funeral.

An enemy of the Constitution is an enemy to America.

I like this solution:

http://www.patriotguard.org/

Patriot Guard Riders Mission Statement

The Patriot Guard Riders is a diverse amalgamation of riders from across the nation. We have one thing in common besides motorcycles. We have an unwavering respect for those who risk their very lives for America’s freedom and security. If you share this respect, please join us.

We don’t care what you ride, what your political views are, or whether you’re a "hawk" or a "dove". It is not a requirement that you be a veteran. It doesn't matter where you’re from or what your income is. You don’t even have to ride. The only prerequisite is Respect.

Our main mission is to attend the funeral services of fallen American heroes as invited guests of the family. Each mission we undertake has two basic objectives.

1. Show our sincere respect for our fallen heroes, their families, and their communities.

2. Shield the mourning family and friends from interruptions created by any protestor or group of protestors.

We accomplish the latter through strictly legal and non-violent means.

Listen,These guys protect america.Without them we ether speak in german or in arabic today.So respect them.They died to protect our freedoms.

Reba said:
I like this solution:

http://www.patriotguard.org/

Patriot Guard Riders Mission Statement

The Patriot Guard Riders is a diverse amalgamation of riders from across the nation. We have one thing in common besides motorcycles. We have an unwavering respect for those who risk their very lives for America’s freedom and security. If you share this respect, please join us.

We don’t care what you ride, what your political views are, or whether you’re a "hawk" or a "dove". It is not a requirement that you be a veteran. It doesn't matter where you’re from or what your income is. You don’t even have to ride. The only prerequisite is Respect.

Our main mission is to attend the funeral services of fallen American heroes as invited guests of the family. Each mission we undertake has two basic objectives.

1. Show our sincere respect for our fallen heroes, their families, and their communities.

2. Shield the mourning family and friends from interruptions created by any protestor or group of protestors.

We accomplish the latter through strictly legal and non-violent means.

I concur and agree. :thumb: Once again, Reba, a good post. :gpost: God, please take care of our troops wherever they are in the world today, in Jesus name, amen.

Buckdodgers said:
Listen,These guys protect america.Without them we ether speak in german or in arabic today.So respect them.They died to protect our freedoms.
That's kind of my point - they died to protect our freedom to protest at their funerals. They also died to protect our freedom to gather to sheild mourners from protestors. Everyone is entitled to the protectiosn of the Constitution.

Has anyone here been to the funeral of a soldier who died in Iraq?

Somebody should turn a fire hose on both the protesters and the evil ACLU. :mad:

MorriganTait said:
That's kind of my point - they died to protect our freedom to protest at their funerals. They also died to protect our freedom to gather to sheild mourners from protestors. Everyone is entitled to the protectiosn of the Constitution.

Has anyone here been to the funeral of a soldier who died in Iraq?

I have.

Why would they protest funerals? My family have a lot of soliders.. i would be mad if they did it at my family's funerals! :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back