Powder or Liquid?

• Powder

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Liquid

Votes: 36 85.7%
  • Varies (explain)

Votes: 5 11.9%

• Total voters
I always use Liquid Tide Febreze because i love to smell fresh and clean than generic and powder. I never like powder because it make a smallest clothes.

Which do you usually use when doing your laundry... powder or liquid? Why?

I usually use liquid when I do my laundry. The powder does not dissolve properly and also, it leaves residues on the clothes. Not only that, I don't like using powder because when I wear clothes that are washed with powder, It makes my skin feel flaky. I'm not allergic to powder but I just don't like the feeling of it on my skin.

I prefer liquid. Have been using powder. Can't say I see the difference except, with the liquid, the perfume is more powerful.

LIQUID!!! easier to use for me! perfer tide but will use gain if tide not on sale!

home made liqued

I use a home made liqued soap. Here is my recipie.

Microwave half a bar of plain white ivory soap till it
is dry and will crumble. (caution! will be very hot! let cool first!)
crumble and place in blender
add 2 cups of water with borax in it (half cup and I strain of borax
but you don't have to)
add 2 tablespoons of liqued lethicin (health food store)
blenderize
pour into one gal of hot water and mix
can not skip lethicin or soap will try to go solid again

for a rinse I use half cup of white vinigar in rinse cycle.

Clean clothes! cheap! cheap!

I use a home made liqued soap. Here is my recipie.

Microwave half a bar of plain white ivory soap till it
is dry and will crumble. (caution! will be very hot! let cool first!)
crumble and place in blender
add 2 cups of water with borax in it (half cup and I strain of borax
but you don't have to)
add 2 tablespoons of liqued lethicin (health food store)
blenderize
pour into one gal of hot water and mix
can not skip lethicin or soap will try to go solid again

for a rinse I use half cup of white vinigar in rinse cycle.

Clean clothes! cheap! cheap!

Very interesting... but what is borax?

Very interesting... but what is borax?

Borax is usually a white powder consisting of soft colorless crystals that dissolve easily in water.

Borax has a wide variety of uses. It is a component of many detergents, cosmetics, and enamel glazes. It is also used to make buffer solutions in biochemistry, as a fire retardant, as an anti-fungal compound for fiberglass, as an insecticide, as a flux in metallurgy, and as a precursor for other boron compounds.

BORAX (Hydrated Sodium Borate)

Borax is usually a white powder consisting of soft colorless crystals that dissolve easily in water.

Borax has a wide variety of uses. It is a component of many detergents, cosmetics, and enamel glazes. It is also used to make buffer solutions in biochemistry, as a fire retardant, as an anti-fungal compound for fiberglass, as an insecticide, as a flux in metallurgy, and as a precursor for other boron compounds.

BORAX (Hydrated Sodium Borate)

and when renovating, you'd line the walls with borax as a pest control/pesticide. Lasts forever!

A popular brand for laundry detergent with Borax is "20 Mule Team" (20 Mule Team - Product Details). Not sure if it can be found overseas but, since its use is since Babylonian days, I'm sure there is a European equivalent.

I'll do a liquid washing this weekend without using the powder. :) As I usually mix both liquid and powder in washing machine.

Back