Lady Gaga to learn ASL

i like some of her fashion

i think that her signing is a good thing now lets get those others doing it

i like poker face

do i read some of artcles about her fashion choices? yes

do i like her? NO WAY

I wonder how her ASL classes are coming along:lol:

Did you read some of the comments below the article (by random posters, not the writer of the article.) Generally, about how deaf people shouldn't be at concerts, etc.? How lame ...

Still very cool she's learning sign !! :)

That is *such* bullshit! *WHY* exactly shouldn't Deaf people be allowed to enjoy music? Idjits!! :roll:

Tons of people doing her songs on Youtube. Some of them are.... :shock: to say at the least.

What about this one? :giggle:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KVUARlXZVE&feature=BFa&list=PL35878F88DB0E5FD1&index=54]Bad Romance Sign Language - YouTube[/ame]

That's great for Lady Gaga to learn ASL!
Way to go!!!
I am not a fan of her, either but I am a great fan of Madonna.
I have listened some of Lady Gaga's songs (via YouTube) and I liked some songs, not all. Her songs are not bad.
I don't care for her wardrobe, that's her business, but it's important thing is about her personality and her talent.
I have a co-worker with a lot of tattoos some of her body but she's a great person, to work with. That's her business. I guess it's the new trend for her and many young teenagers. I don't have any tattoos but I am still wearing ear piercings (2 on each ear) since I was 11 years old. Everyone thought I was crazy to wear 2 on each ear. That was back then, which I will never forget. :lol:

Yeah, I have that one on my YT playlist :)

It takes a good two years to become a proficient ASL user, so I am hoping that Gaga won't start signing her music just yet until she has a good grasp of ASL. It will be difficult to use ASL while still singing, so she either have to overlap voice tracks with her signed vids. I do hope that in the meantime, she will hire a fluent person (like Chase in the vid above) to work alongside with her.

I <heart> him and, in the process, I'm learning BSL. :giggle:

rebeccalj - I think he's brilliant too. And I subscribe to his videos also. He's not deaf himself but is learning to be an interpreter. He has an interesting story to tell which you can find on his YouTube Channel. I copied it below:

Heyup people! I'm Lee, 19 years old, and a Deaf Studies student at the University of Bristol (hoping to become a BSL interpreter). I love to sign and I love music, so I thought why not put the 2 together!

And I'm hearing, let me clarify that, but that's not to say that Deaf people can't sign songs, cuz they are amazing at signing songs themselves. Actually everyone can sign songs if they believe they can and they want to. It annoys me when people say "I'll never be as good as you", cuz everyone can do anything they want to if they put their minds to it. Cliche I know, but it's a precious cliche.

It may not be obvious, but I have both Asperger's and Tourette's syndromes. I love signing as it relieves me from my tics. If there are people on the autistic spectrum, signing at a young age is a wonderful way to help with emotion and communication, and signing will enable them improve these skills in later life, I'd recommend it.

As many people have been asking me, I learnt BSL by reading books, watching interpreted programmes, and watching 'Signed by the Hits', now known as 'Signed by 4Music' - look these up in Youtube. I watch interpreted songs early in the morning on music channels.

My girlfriend is not a celebrity and I'm ok with that. It's great that Lady Gaga wants to learn ASL and she should go for it if it's her passion, but my focus is on my girlfriend. She is working very hard every day to improve her ASL skills.

Back