Krispy Kreme, Dunkin' Donuts, or other chain?

Sorry there aint any Kristy Kreme in my area but DD. I do buy them whenever I go out of town in the morning.

There are so many DD in my area.

Wendy - You said you lived in Mass. but you are going to Maine. That's cool! Massachusetts is very crowded. Maine is much better. They call it Vacationland, right?

Sequoias - I used to work at Boston College and different organizations on campus would have socials, meetings, or orientations. The secretaries and custodians were "in the know" of when people were done and who would not care if we took left overs. Then all of us would descend like vultures to go get the leftovers. The organizations didn't care because they would have thrown it out anyway. Good ones involved left over cookies, brownies, and cans of tonic.

Prostock - D&D Salsa bagels are really, really good! I like them too.

Pomeranian - When I was in high school and early college, my family had a condo up in NH - up by Newfound Lake. Memories of grabbing a D&D coffee, jumping in the car, and going for long senic drives are vivid. God I miss that.

doughnuts? *gags* I hate doughnuts, they are so greasy, ultra-sweet and just plain empty calories that contribute nothing to the body.

I'd rather go to Starbuck's coffeehouse, or other coffehouse such as Cup o' Joe, Salt Lake Roasting Company, or the nice local gay-owned coffeehouse. They offer great items to nibble on, such as biscotti, delicate pastries and so on. The atmopshere is relaxed, and one must not be in a hurry.

Never tried Krispy Kreme. Growing up I loved Dunkin Donuts, but once in a great while I'd get a large coffee and bagel from there. I'm starting to like Starbucks because they make strong coffee. When I really want a good coffee plus biscotti, I'd stop at a local Italian restaurant.

Kuifje, I remembered your suggestion about going to one of the good Italian places in Boston for a good coffee and biscotti. Just waiting for the right time. :)

I used to eat it sometimes last time I eat there in 2003

Yes it tastes so good yummy and munchy too.

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    3.6 KB · Views: 0
I like to eat DD plain cake doughnuts, about once a year.

Most of the native Southern people here prefer super sweet KK, just like they prefer very sweet ice tea. I don't like glazed doughnuts; too sweet for me.

Reba said:
I like to eat DD plain cake doughnuts, about once a year.

Most of the native Southern people here prefer super sweet KK, just like they prefer very sweet ice tea. I don't like glazed doughnuts; too sweet for me.

Then you may like Tim Hortons. Their goodies are not as sweet, but still good. If it's not in your area... it'll be there soon. It's spreading like wildfire.

Banjo said:
Then you may like Tim Hortons. Their goodies are not as sweet, but still good. If it's not in your area... it'll be there soon. It's spreading like wildfire.
I have not yet heard about Tim Hortons. Thanks for the tip.

It might be hard for TH to spread here. Southerners have a strong sweet tooth. :D

Last edited:
I have tried Krispy Kreme doughnuts and I LOVED IT!! :) They even have some sold in Publix shopping stores so if you have one near your area, go check it out to see if they have some. :) I like KK doughnuts much better than the Dunkin Doughnuts. :) Mmmmm..yummy. :)

Reba said:
I have not yet heard about Tim Hortons. Thanks for the tip.

It might be hard for TH to spread here. Southeners have a strong sweet tooth. :D

Believe me, it will spread. It's because of the coffee. :)

http://www.timhortons.com/

But they have a lot of goodies, not only to mention their popular lunch meals.

My favorite of KK shops, they have KK in the Holiday store right behind of my apt bldg.. hehe!

Winchell's fan

Back when I was in HS, I remember going to Winchell's for apple fritters. They were delicious. I would get two fritters and two milks, then sit down and enjoy. Those were the days. Now I'm not even sure if Winchell's is still in business. It's been YEARS since I've seen one.

WBHarley said:
prefer DD...

Coffee is great..

Not crazy on donut anymore..

Prefer to have egg cheese bacon on Crossiant :nana:

Jellybean Im from mass too.. but We're moving to Maine...

Wendy

What part of Maine are you moving to? I was born in Maine :)

I have been to Dunkin Donuts for many years...I love their ICED COFFEE during summer time..it's so good and I do like their donuts but I only eat Lemon filled donuts only and LOVES THEIR BANANA MUFFINS AND COFFEE CAKE MUFFINS!! For Krispy Kreme..oh brother!! I loved their donuts bec it is so soft when eat them!! BUT BUT there are many (even millions) of D.D. in every towns of each states even one town have more than 2 or 3 D.D. there! Krispy Kreme not like D.D. in every town!! They do in mini-mart with gas stations and so forth! I wish Krispy Kreme will be in our or near my town someday!! I loves their donuts but I love D.D.'s coffee!!! If K.K. is in our or nearby my town ...I would go D.D. for coffee and go K.K. for donuts..ha ha!! :ily:

Huskies1947 said:
... For Krispy Kreme..oh brother!! I loved their donuts bec it is so soft when eat them!! BUT BUT there are many (even millions) of D.D. in every towns of each states even one town have more than 2 or 3 D.D. there! Krispy Kreme not like D.D. in every town!! They do in mini-mart with gas stations and so forth! I wish Krispy Kreme will be in our or near my town someday!! I loves their donuts but I love D.D.'s coffee!!! If K.K. is in our or nearby my town ...I would go D.D. for coffee and go K.K. for donuts..ha ha!! :ily:
I grew up in CT and loved DD. I was very disappointed when I moved to the South. No DD! Finally, a few years ago, one DD opened about 20 miles from here. That's all. Now there are a few more in the state. There are many KK here but few DD. The Southeast is the opposite of the Northeast when it comes to doughnuts. :D

Back