Kohls

bonkiefry

Reaction score
The ADA has filed a suit against Kohls on my behalf. It has been over 3 years now and still no results. Kohls is dragging this out as long as possible. If you have had problems with Kohls or now how I can get the ADA to move faster please contact me. Thank you,

Paula

Can you please explain on the situation with Kohls?

Perhaps summarizing your ordeal would serve us well once we have some idea of the situation at hand....If you also feel that things are going particularly slow (three years is too long), writing to your state senator or representative might bring about some attention for which a business/entity wouldn't want and close out the problem quicker...just an idea to consider....

Kohls Situation

I was released by Kohls for no reason, I went to get unemployment and they said I gave 2 weeks notice and quit. They have no record of this as it never happened. The lady sent my case to the EEOC. I met with them and they investigated and found out that I did not get same pay as other people doing the same job. It makes me mad that they told me I could no longer work there then are telling the EEOC and other people I gave 2 weeks notice and quit. There investigation has proved I am not lieing. Kohls lawyers keep dragging out the settlement and I dont get answers from EEOC or ADA except they are working on it. I am frustrated!

Banjo said:
Can you please explain on the situation with Kohls?

I was released by Kohls for no reason, I went to get unemployment and they said I gave 2 weeks notice and quit. They have no record of this as it never happened. The lady sent my case to the EEOC. I met with them and they investigated and found out that I did not get same pay as other people doing the same job. It makes me mad that they told me I could no longer work there then are telling the EEOC and other people I gave 2 weeks notice and quit. There investigation has proved I am not lieing. Kohls lawyers keep dragging out the settlement and I dont get answers from EEOC or ADA except they are working on it. I am frustrated!

I haven't worked at Kohls yet so I can't really say anything.

My best advice is to try to make them make promises or update you as much as they can. Give your lawyer or someone a call and ask for updates. Ask them when they will give you updates. Try not to take "I dunno" as an answer. Once they give you information, check with them later. For instance, if they say that they will let you know in a week... check back with them in a week.

i applied to kohl too myself.. got two interview.. they were seem very interested in hiring me.. then out of blue they said they never had an interview with me at alll and never even heard of my name o.O

after that i never shop at kohl ever again period

ummm.....I'm kinda of confused but would like to ask some questions so I can understand where you're coming from on this, I hope you don't mind....

First question what is Kohls? is that a resturant or store? what?

Second question, what do you mean they released you, are you saying they fired you?....

Third question, did your boss or whoever told you how much you would get paid an hour? if so , do you have proof from your old checks when you were working there at the begining?...

Fourth question, What do you mean when you said Kohls's lawyer trying to keep dragging out the settlement <<< Do you mean the lawyer is trying to make a settlement with you instead of going thru court on this?....

Last question, What does ADA have do with this? why are you waiting to hear from ADA?...Don't you have a lawyer?

Kohls Cont.

ummm.....I'm kinda of confused but would like to ask some questions so I can understand where you're coming from on this, I hope you don't mind....

First question what is Kohls? is that a resturant or store? what? Store

Second question, what do you mean they released you, are you saying they fired you?....Fired

Third question, did your boss or whoever told you how much you would get paid an hour? if so , do you have proof from your old checks when you were working there at the begining?...Yes and yes

Fourth question, What do you mean when you said Kohls's lawyer trying to keep dragging out the settlement <<< Do you mean the lawyer is trying to make a settlement with you instead of going thru court on this?....

Last question, What does ADA have do with this? why are you waiting to hear from ADA?...Don't you have a lawyer? You can not file an EEOC or ADA suit without a letter of right to sue from the Govt. agencie that does the investigation, if you accept the letter then they will drop your case and you will have to provide your own lawer. Staistics show that large corporatoions will financially overpower you if you try to to take them on with your own means. The ADA and EECO have a good record in court against the large corporations. The large corporations (Kohls will keep making offers like $1,000.00) when you refuse, the process starts again. They try to wear you down and not go to court and take a ridicuouse offer.

Now, I understand it all , Thank you for answering my questions, it sure help to understand what really is going on.....and I'm curious to know if they had a reason why they fired you ?

and the thousands of dollar that they are offering isn't enough am I correct?...

forgive me if I am asking too many questions, just finding this a bit interesting ;)

kohls is a pretty large store chain.

im assuming he's suing for being fired because he was deaf, they prolly got tired of having to hold up their end of the bargain for hireing a deaf person.

in these cases, big crporations try to shut people up by offering them menial amounts of money, 1,000 to a large company like kohls is a drop in the ocean.

i assume hes not trying to get money for himself so much as to make them pay an amount that makes them think twice the next time they try to fire a person simply because they have a disability, not to mention breaking the law.

Hi. I worked at Kohl's on a Seasonal Position. I only wanted to work stocking and not cashier or dealing with the phone. During my interview, the lady asked if I could hear the PA, and I said it depends/not really--meaning it would be mixed what I would get, so it's not really a good idea to depend on me for hearing things over PA. I think this is kind of a stupid question because that's like saying they want someone who can hear. Problem is, they depend a lot on the PA for calling different departments and blah blah on prices and blah blah. I was once left alone in the seasonal, but I wouldn't pick the phone. This girl would go all around finding me. This was only one day, but it was stupid how they manage and handle things.

Anyway, so I work and blah blah. The job was so f-cking boring after awhile. All the time, I was with this woman. I would do the job fast and have nothing to do sometimes. I felt she wasn't giving me more responsibilities because of my hearing loss, but I am not really sure. Also, I asked the person that hired me if I could have a permanent position, but she said, "Not right now, but we will contact you in the Summer for Back-To-School." This, to me, sounds like she said "No, because you don't take more responsibilies because of your hearing loss. Let me tell you, they prefer to hire overnight people or people who work in customer service or cashier because that's like Top Priority for them. I will tell you that I had to take some of the stuff in Recovery room (merchandises to be taken back from customers who return them). That room sometimes was full all day from other departments. Looks to me that they needed more people doing this type of "crappy" work than cashier, overnight or Customer Service. Oh, and they never called me back.

I don't know, but I refuse to apply again with them. I didn't really like their ways of dealing. It doesn't look like they have much jobs for deaf people. I can understand bonkiefry. I hate Kohl's for hiring deaf people, but I do like their clothes sometimes. Only when they are on sale he he he. I rarely go there anyway because many times their clothes are overpriced.

Bonkiefry, please don't give up for people like us. They deserve to listen to us and penalized or whatever for giving us hell.

I did pick up interesting wind on Kohls a few weeks ago and referred the client to an attorney. That's all I could recall.

Richard

Updated : Case file shows client was turned away from group job interview because client didnt bring own interpreter. If anyone else has experienced similar situations like this or being told to bring own interpreter needs to private message to me and I'll then refer to the attorney handling this client for possible class action 'education'.

Last edited:
http://www.kohls.com

Wow!! I haven't heard of this departmental store chain until last year. It blew the Hell up in Utah and Arizona. I saw tons of new Kohls stores opening up in both states. At this fast pace of development and opening new stores, I won't be surprised they are not up to par with training their Human Resources people and hiring managers the "ABCs" to A.D.A.

Deaf258 said:
http://www.kohls.com

Wow!! I haven't heard of this departmental store chain until last year. It blew the Hell up in Utah and Arizona. I saw tons of new Kohls stores opening up in both states. At this fast pace of development and opening new stores, I won't be surprised they are not up to par with training their Human Resources people and hiring managers the "ABCs" to A.D.A.

Hey, I am sure that
they WILL BE UP TO THE PAR with this training ONLY
if Prostock shows up there teaching fingerspelling
using these same seven letters on that Roller Coaster :)

Kohl's opened in my neighborhood few years ago and it is like a discount store for luxury goods?

tekkmortal said:
Kohl's opened in my neighborhood few years ago and it is like a discount store for luxury goods?

Yep, correct

tekkmortal

I don't think so. That place isn't cheap.... You'd find cheaper things elsewhere. That's what my mom complains, and why I sometimes refuse to go there.

Back