KN air filter..i got it on my car now

Almost all newer engines have chain timings means no engine interference. You lucky lucky lucky... if you neglect to check oil level in the engine then drive it on high speed on the freeway.. the engine will be interference due to no oil pressure to the hydraulic chain tensioners or variable valve timing solenoids. Not for all the chain driven engines. Check oil levels before you hit the high speed freeways. I love the bend valves...
I think most racing with high rpm like over 7k still use timing belt. The timing belt is better than chain timing for less noise and easy high rpm. The chain timings is better than timing belt for almost maintenance-free.

I think most racing with high rpm like over 7k still use timing belt. The timing belt is better than chain timing for less noise and easy high rpm. The chain timings is better than timing belt for almost maintenance-free.

If you modify engine that has higher rpm range, it's best to change to a performance timing belt because it doesn't stretch at higher rpms which OEM timing belt does.

If you modify engine that has higher rpm range, it's best to change to a performance timing belt because it doesn't stretch at higher rpms which OEM timing belt does.

NASCAR engines use timing belts, able revving up to 10K RPM. If the valves drop, the entire engine is finished, can't rebuilt, trashed it. I've not see any broken timing belts. I think they change fresh timing belts for next race or after practice/ qualify

NASCAR engines use timing belts, able revving up to 10K RPM. If the valves drop, the entire engine is finished, can't rebuilt, trashed it. I've not see any broken timing belts. I think they change fresh timing belts for next race or after practice/ qualify

Formula 1 can go up to 20k rpm.

For Diesel engine, if valve drop then just replace the new sleeve, piston,rings, valve, and header if need.

They change it every time they race. They always rebuild engine every time they do races on formula, nascar and nhra racing cars.

hey UPDATED on pixs!!! i got free bumper from my friend who live in beaverton,oregon :P

Attachments

• 1329409193761.jpg
    1329409193761.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 7
  • 1329409193894.jpg
    1329409193894.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 6
updated.. bad news is i found out there's a engine oil leak and transmission/jtransaxle leak as the paper said from jiffylube in oregon with. they were using my costrol oil and fram oil fram not worry. but how do i fix that problem? i dont wanna be stuck in oregon..

updated.. bad news is i found out there's a engine oil leak and transmission/jtransaxle leak as the paper said from jiffylube in oregon with. they were using my costrol oil and fram oil fram not worry. but how do i fix that problem? i dont wanna be stuck in oregon..

What color of leak you see? I don't believe in Jiffylube.

Jiffy Lube Tries To Scam Yet Another Customer - The Consumerist

If you see yellow/brown/black then it's oil and you need replace the new gasket or sealer for oil pan. If you see red/dark red then you need replace the new gasket or sealer for transaxle's pan for auto tran only.

If manual then it looks like light brown almost looks like oil color. I suggest you check another shop for check with the leak.

What color of leak you see? I don't believe in Jiffylube.

Jiffy Lube Tries To Scam Yet Another Customer - The Consumerist

If you see yellow/brown/black then it's oil and you need replace the new gasket or sealer for oil pan. If you see red/dark red then you need replace the new gasket or sealer for transaxle's pan for auto tran only.

If manual then it looks like light brown almost looks like oil color. I suggest you check another shop for check with the leak.

i will find out whats going on tomorrow. i wish i had my tools w me. i didnt think it would happen. i'm in oregon. yeah and my car is ok but i just want to fix leak problems. yea i think i'm gonna buy a civic service manual book for how to remove the gasket if its true then i can follow the instruction from that book from haynes company

I think it come from O seal in distributor where the oil seep to bottom of between engine/ tranny. Before drive home, you need to find a clean concrete surface somewhere, park on this surface and raise the engine to 2,000-2,500 RPM for 1 minute, after 1 minute, leave the engine idling, go around to take a look under the engine to see if oil drip or leak on the white concrete. If large leak found, you can not go home. Little drips found you take extra oil with you and go home. HTH

An oil leak could come from MANY places other than the oil pan.

OP, find out where it is leaking, also let me know what year/model your honda is and I will try to find you a PDF of the FSM (factory service manual)

An oil leak could come from MANY places other than the oil pan.

OP, find out where it is leaking, also let me know what year/model your honda is and I will try to find you a PDF of the FSM (factory service manual)

That's true but leak from the oil pan is most common. I believe it.

That's true but leak from the oil pan is most common. I believe it.

From what I inspect oil leaks from Hondas..... O seals in distributors, VTEC solenoids gaskets, oil pump housing gaskets ( common in 2.2L engines) and crank/cam seals. If large
leaks..... Oil pump housing gaskets or crank seals and VTEC solenoid gaskets.

I remmy my old S-10 4x4 blazer blew transmission somewhere at mountain. O-ring gasket has been worn out and leaked during drove long road. empty transmission oil and overheated. AAA truck towed and to transmission shop cost me $1,000 for replace new transmission.

good news is it wasnt a leak. it seem jiffylube is trying to scam by lies dont they do? i took my car to a jdm engine company that sell engines and showed them my engine and they just checked just like this. my car is fine. so i wish oregon doesn have not law about do oil change yourself.

Back