KN air filter..i got it on my car now

so, any HP increase with the new air filter?

stays same HP with new stock air filters, with K&N filters increase little HP. I never buy K&N filters for my personal cars. MY Alfa Romeo? I try K&N filters.

Wirelessly posted

deafsmogtech said:
Wirelessly posted

bosch oxygen sensor are good and 80 buck. actually I have two on my car I just keep good mpgs.

Bosch O2 sensors are not for every cars, they can cause the PCM's OBD-II Drive Cycle problems for not set the O2 sensor monitors (Often called "Not Ready") If your car is Honda you better go with Denso O2 sensor. I've using Denso O2 sensors for GM and Asian cars. For European cars, I use Bosch O2 sensors. If you put a new Bosch O2 sensor in GM car then O2 sensor monitor is not set cuz of resistances in O2 sensors that make the PCM diffcult to adjust correct air/fuel metering. For Chrysler cars you need to buy new O2 sensors from dealer, sometime they will work with Denso O2 sensors.
Even Bosch O2 sensors will work fine with Chrysler vehicles but follow the OEM O2 sensors.

so I could get it if my engine service disappear? bwcausw it said oxyen sensor...hmmm thanks for the tip

i'm surprised i enjoy how my car is fast today. my gas tank havent go down. so that was the clog air filter hmm before it was go down fast. after i put it air filter it havent go down..neat..

For Hondas, you have a chance to clean the IAT sensor to get good performance/gas mileage. IAT sensor's location is at the intake manifold near the EVAP purge solenoid or fuel hose. The location of the IAT sensors in the Hondas are varies depend on model year and engine code.
Clean IAT sensor is same way as MAF sensor. IF you fumble an IAT sensor and pick up and clean it and reinstall it you are good to go.

Wirelessly posted

so I could get it if my engine service disappear? bwcausw it said oxyen sensor...hmmm thanks for the tip

Well, sometimes it's retarded with the check engine light come on then go away later on. It probably the bad fuel causing carbon build up on the o2 sensor causing it to happen. It happened to me 2 or 3 times in the past.

Well, sometimes it's retarded with the check engine light come on then go away later on. It probably the bad fuel causing carbon build up on the o2 sensor causing it to happen. It happened to me 2 or 3 times in the past.

I've seen some Hondas that Check Engine light come on while driving but will go away when decal gas pedal or stop at the light or turn key off. There is EGR system relates (I think you car doesn't have the EGR system) and varies valve timing or other problem but I doubt the bad gas cause the excessive carbon build up on the O2 sensor unless your car have white/blue smoke from tailpipe.

Wirelessly posted (sent from a smartphone. )

deafsmogtech said:

I've seen some Hondas that Check Engine light come on while driving but will go away when decal gas pedal or stop at the light or turn key off. There is EGR system relates (I think you car doesn't have the EGR system) and varies valve timing or other problem but I doubt the bad gas cause the excessive carbon build up on the O2 sensor unless your car have white/blue smoke from tailpipe.

Yea, but the diagnostic tool said o2 sensor when had check engine light on before. It has sohc vtec with lev emissions. Never had smoke come out from the tailpipe.

i wanna know how does it work when you can do maintance on that kn air filter?? i have heard about use oil and clean on that filter then get dirts on it, and kill the motor? thats what i heard from someone who i know live in billings and he said he dont like it but i heard its popular for civics most

Well, if your friend's Jeep Wrangler drives off-road street. he need cover air filter for dirt or sandstorm or splash/playing on river as waterproof cover on his K&N filter.

app_full_proxy.php

Injen-Hydroshield-PreFilters.jpg

138bhafPreFilter-med.jpg

I covered air filter for spraying degrease engine as cleaning engine at car wash vendor.

Wirelessly posted (sent from a smartphone. )

Yea, but the diagnostic tool said o2 sensor when had check engine light on before. It has sohc vtec with lev emissions. Never had smoke come out from the tailpipe.

What code(s) for O2 sensor(s)? (if you feel uncomfort, pm me)

i dont see any smoke on my car,too

I've seen the Hondas puffs smoke when accelerating or de-accelerating the engines. Common in modified engines (harsh revving engine while driving), causes the intake valve guides wear out. I even saw a newer Honda Civic like 2005 something.

I've seen the Hondas puffs smoke when accelerating or de-accelerating the engines. Common in modified engines (harsh revving engine while driving), causes the intake valve guides wear out. I even saw a newer Honda Civic like 2005 something.

I've seen them puff smoke before too. My 1983 Honda Civic did that too.

i dont see any smoke on my car,too
Most old american cars:

White smoke:
White smoke is caused by water and or antifreeze entering the cylinder, and the engine trying to burn it with the fuel. The white smoke is steam. There are special gaskets (head gaskets are the primary gaskets) that keep the antifreeze from entering the cylinder area. The cylinder is where the fuel and air mixture are being compressed and burned. Any amount of antifreeze that enters this area will produce a white steam that will be present at the tailpipe area.

If white smoke is present, check to see if the proper amount of antifreeze is inside the radiator and the overflow bottle. Also check to see if antifreeze has contaminated the engine oil. You can look at the engine oil dipstick, or look at the under side of the engine oil filler cap. If the oil is contaminated with antifreeze, it will have the appearance of a chocolate milkshake. Do not start the engine if the oil is contaminated with antifreeze, as serious internal engine damage can result.

How did antifreeze get in the oil or cylinder in the first place? The engine probably overheated and a head gasket failed due to excessive heat, thus allowing antifreeze to enter the cylinder (Where it is not meant to be).

Blue Smoke: Blue smoke is caused by engine oil entering the cylinder area and being burned along with the fuel air mixture. As with the white smoke, just a small drop of oil leaking into the cylinder can produce blue smoke out the tailpipe. Blue smoke is more likely in older or higher mileage vehicles than newer cars with fewer miles.

How did the engine oil get inside the cylinder in the first place? The car has many seals, gaskets, and O-rings that are designed to keep the engine oil from entering the cylinder, and one of them has failed. If too much oil leaks into the cylinder and fouls the spark plug, it will cause a misfire (engine miss) in that cylinder, and the spark plug will have to be replaced or cleaned of the oil. Using thicker weight engine oil or an oil additive designed to reduce oil leaks might help reduce the amount of oil leaking into the cylinder.

Black Smoke: Black smoke is caused by excess fuel that has entered the cylinder area and cannot be burned completely. Another term for excess fuel is "running rich." Poor fuel mileage is also a common complaint when black smoke comes out of the tailpipe. Black smoke out the tailpipe is the least cause for alarm. Excess fuel will usually effect engine performance, reduce fuel economy, and produce a fuel odor.

How did the fuel get into the cylinder in the first place? Some of the causes of excess fuel are a carburetor that is out of adjustment, a faulty fuel pump, a leaky fuel injector, or a faulty engine computer or computer sensor. If black smoke is present, check the engine oil as in the white smoke example to make sure excess fuel has not contaminated it. Do not start the engine if a heavy, raw fuel smell can be detected in the engine oil. Call your mechanic and advise him of what you have found.

I hope this helps you determine what could be causing your engine smoke, and the possible reasons behind the smoke.

K&N Filters are good and allow more airflow. I went to Auto Part years ago and they had display with blower fan running. I noticed the difference between ordinary filter and K&N filter.. Impressive..

I would want to have K&N filter for my motorcycle. 2002 Suzuki Volusia VL800 can have K&N filter which cost around $60 because it's attached to "football" shaped plastic with square K&N filter glued to it.

IF I want to use it, I must change out carburetor jets into bigger jet (hole of jet) to accommodate with K&N filter due to increased airflow. Jet kit cost between $30 to $50.

IF I decide to swap Stock exhaust to Vance & Hines straight shot exhaust, I would have to change out jet again for even bigger one (If K&N filter already installed, kits should have extra jets that have bigger hole than previous Jet). Because if I don't change out jets, It'll upset fuel/air mixture balance of the engine and make it run rough or hesitate. After swapping out to bigger jets, It'll produce 5% more HP on the engine.

I rather having K&N filter than "stock" one. (on my old post, some of you might remember I modified the air filter using 6 inches hotrod filter.)

I got all those information from Volusia Forum.

Catty

look at the pix. this is my engine d16y7. my sis's ex husband is a ase cerification and he own his shop, auto care center. he found whats wrongs with it as i speak i got text from him. it will be done by tmw. for body.. i will work on body DIY

Attachments

• 2011-10-19 11.57.45.jpg
    2011-10-19 11.57.45.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 10
look at the pix. this is my engine d16y7. my sis's ex husband is a ase cerification and he own his shop, auto care center. he found whats wrongs with it as i speak i got text from him. it will be done by tmw. for body.. i will work on body DIY

I see your pix.. yellow mark written on top of engine "99 Civic". Your engine has been swapped into your 1997 Honda civic.

I see your pix.. yellow mark written on top of engine "99 Civic". Your engine has been swapped into your 1997 Honda civic.

I noticed that too. Looks like the original engine broke before he bought the car.

yeah i found out about that. i heard from mechanic he said he saw some wires for nitro original engine had blown up to a nitro thats what evo dragon and i try to guess what happen guess someone did race it w nitro, blown up rme.

yeah i found out about that. i heard from mechanic he said he saw some wires for nitro original engine had blown up to a nitro thats what evo dragon and i try to guess what happen guess someone did race it w nitro, blown up rme.

Yeah typical for Honda addicts. Not surprised about that one, lol. Mine has the original engine because I don't bother blowing it up to shreds.

Back