KN air filter..i got it on my car now

so this is maf sensor. i know now. on tuesday i'm gonna do more maintance on my civic. new belts,etcs just tune up stuffs. and plus got a new body part:front bumper and hood. i havent installed a radiator support frame first before i put both body parts and a protection bar for attach to my radiator support frame.

You see this vid ... time frame is 0:54-55, 1:06 and 1:30, the mechanic shoot the MAF sensors with CRC MAF sensor cleaner, you think they are cool and professional? Dumb ass cuz they didn't upside the electrical connector(of MAF body) at the 12 o'clock position while spray. The chemical can seeping into the electrical pc circuit inside the MAF body and corrodes inside. Sometime work fine for years. I won't clean newer MAF sensors in part of tune up. I will replace it if the lean or MAF codes. I kiss new MAF and labor... easy money.

Your Honda doesn't have a MAF sensor, use MAP sensor (Manifold Absolute Pressure) that sense intake manifold's vacuum and IAT sensor (Intake Air Temperature) mounted in the air duct or in intake manifold. Newer Hondas use MAF sensors that have IAT sensor built in. The MAF sensor's location is in air duct system between air filter housing and throttle body. They can mount in air filter housing or in throttle body either.
Older Nissans use MAF sensor and IAT sensor. Most cars uses MAF sensors. I see a 2005 Honda Odyssey use MAP sensor.

thanks god...... so mine's MAP? i checked it on engine. i checked forums..so i'm safe now lol no wonder my car go smooth. its been 3 day for smooth drive.

My mazda RX-7 has MAF like that pix. I don't like that round air filter. I use cone. lol

Dmr7YozwSTHI.jpg

:shock: I never seen it before I think it is an illegal modified air filter in California. Just a tho

I've seen BMW cars have foams over the stock air filters cuz the Bosch MAF sensors are very sensitive to the dirty air (dust), DO NOT clean Bosch MAF sensors with MAF cleaner spray can. What can you clean Bosch MAF sensors? Use thin oil painting brush to wipe the dust off, don't poke the bulbs with thin brush. Damn Bosch MAFs

Yeah, We were at parent's house for Christmas and mom want me to check her BMW. Whoa, her parts already replaced thru auto tech as intake throttle pipe, MAF, valve gasket, etc and it still got MIL on.

Oh poor her.

Yeah, We were at parent's house for Christmas and mom want me to check her BMW. Whoa, her parts already replaced thru auto tech as intake throttle pipe, MAF, valve gasket, etc and it still got MIL on.

Oh poor her.

so many differents type of cars have different methods to clean? interesting.

I've seen BMW cars have foams over the stock air filters cuz the Bosch MAF sensors are very sensitive to the dirty air (dust), DO NOT clean Bosch MAF sensors with MAF cleaner spray can. What can you clean Bosch MAF sensors? Use thin oil painting brush to wipe the dust off, don't poke the bulbs with thin brush. Damn Bosch MAFs

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8Kp8qyDIfU]Kajza M3 E36 - DIY cleaning maf / mass airflow sensor m3 e36 bmw luftmassenmesser - YouTube[/ame]

"Little tutorial how to clean bmw m3 e36 mass airflow sensor. You can also use this diy tutorial for other cars. Cleaning maf sensor can resolve idle problem and can lower gas consumption for 15%. Killer maf sensors is oiled type air filter like K&N and similar."

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iX2Y44Np8VM[/ame]

Kajza M3 E36 - DIY cleaning maf / mass airflow sensor m3 e36 bmw luftmassenmesser - YouTube

"Little tutorial how to clean bmw m3 e36 mass airflow sensor. You can also use this diy tutorial for other cars. Cleaning maf sensor can resolve idle problem and can lower gas consumption for 15%. Killer maf sensors is oiled type air filter like K&N and similar."

Bosch MAF proper cleaning pt. 1 - YouTube

I kind did like that for someone before and it was not 100% works very well. So better way to replace a new MAF. Less headache and save time.

Kajza M3 E36 - DIY cleaning maf / mass airflow sensor m3 e36 bmw luftmassenmesser - YouTube

Bosch MAF proper cleaning pt. 1 - YouTube

Very good vids.... Now you understand it, however I use dry thin brush to wiping the dust off. I seldom use cotton swabs, just soak the tips with soap water for clean the MAF body like thin tunnel inside the MAF body or external surfaces. For Bosch MAFs, I won't service them for customers. I want new maf sensors, good money to fix them.

I kind did like that for someone before and it was not 100% works very well. So better way to replace a new MAF. Less headache and save time.

Expensive Bosch MAFs even whole throttle body where the MAF sensor integrated inside the body or whole MAF body. One time I diagnosed a 2002 or 03 BMW 325ci for rough running for lean codes, replaced new Bosch O2 sensor then found out the new O2 sensor was not fixing the lean code and same rough running then I decided to take a look at the MAF sensor, found contaminated bulbs, called for new MAF sensor as whole unit. The engine was fine no more rough running.

If I see any plastic lines or rubber hoses (PCV system) that connect to the air duct, I won't touch them unless the broken line or hose found. I simple replaced a new MAF sensor in an old body where the new MAF sensor come with a new body, I doesn't want to break the harden plastic line or hoses in front of customers. No way. Like The Highlander mentioned

Wirelessly posted

bosch oxygen sensor are good and 80 buck. actually I have two on my car I just keep good mpgs.

Bosch is almost anywhere. I seems them at Ford, Chevy, Buick, Subaru, VW, BMW, and most diesel motors.

Wirelessly posted

bosch oxygen sensor are good and 80 buck. actually I have two on my car I just keep good mpgs.

Bosch O2 sensors are not for every cars, they can cause the PCM's OBD-II Drive Cycle problems for not set the O2 sensor monitors (Often called "Not Ready") If your car is Honda you better go with Denso O2 sensor. I've using Denso O2 sensors for GM and Asian cars. For European cars, I use Bosch O2 sensors. If you put a new Bosch O2 sensor in GM car then O2 sensor monitor is not set cuz of resistances in O2 sensors that make the PCM diffcult to adjust correct air/fuel metering. For Chrysler cars you need to buy new O2 sensors from dealer, sometime they will work with Denso O2 sensors.
Even Bosch O2 sensors will work fine with Chrysler vehicles but follow the OEM O2 sensors.

Back