Kkk Wins 'adopt-a-highway' Ruling In Georgia High Court

In SC, Adopt-A-Highway program is done on secondary roads, not multilane interstate highways. The interstate areas are maintained by DOT and inmates.

In SC, Adopt-A-Highway program is done on secondary roads, not multilane interstate highways. The interstate areas are maintained by DOT and inmates.

In here, Adopt-A-Highway applies to some segments of interstate highway in rural area and some US routes.

whatever. let them. its their country too..

freedom

I'm not ok with hate group, especially KKK to contributed to our government.

KKK did great job to taint the confederate flag to make many people see as hate flag rather than honor the southern heritage.

a number of presidents were high ranking members of them, supreme court justices too, one even both a president and a supreme court justice at the same time.
they have a good claim in making america as any other org has, considering how high up they at one time where prob more a claim then most these days.

im not in any way defending or promoting them
im just stating they most certainly have contributed to the u.s. gov through the years..
they even had million man marches in d.c. right down Pennsylvanian ave...

a number of presidents were high ranking members of them, supreme court justices too, one even both a president and a supreme court justice at the same time.
Five Presidents were rumored to have KKK connections but only one paid $10 to the Klan but never joined.

What do you mean "one even both a president and a supreme court justice at the same time"? A person can't be a US President and Supreme Court Justice at the same time. Did you mean something else?

Democrat Senator Robert Byrd, yes.

Democrat Senator (and later Supreme Court Justice) Hugo Black was a member for a couple years.

Democrat Senator Theodore G. Bilbo was a Klan member.

Republican governor of Colorado, Clarence Morley, was a member.

Democrat governor of Alabama, Bibb Graves, was a member.

Democrat governor of Georgia, Clifford Walker, was a member.

Democrat Congressman of Tennessee, George Gordon, became one of the Klan's first members. In 1867, Gordon became the Klan's first Grand Dragon for the Realm of Tennessee, and wrote its "Precept," a book describing its organization, purpose, and principles.

Independent John Clinton Porter was a member of the Klan in the early 1920s, but was no longer a member when he was elected mayor of Los Angeles in 1928.

Democrat mayor of Denver, Benjamin Stapleton, was a Klan member in the early 1920s and appointed fellow Klansmen to most positions in municipal government.

they have a good claim in making america as any other org has, considering how high up they at one time where prob more a claim then most these days.
Not really. They serve no useful purpose. They're a hate group.

im not in any way defending or promoting them
im just stating they most certainly have contributed to the u.s. gov through the years..
What positive contributions have they made to America? I can't think of any.

I can't really see where they contributed to the U.S. Gov. other than promoting hate and killing a lot of innocent people that their only crime was being born with the wrong color of skin in the eyes of these morally bankrupt hate filled people.

The 1925, march had only 25,000 to 40,000 members marching, so they missed the million man march be a large margin.

The 1925, march had only 25,000 to 40,000 members marching, so they missed the million man march be a large margin.

I thought much less than 25,000.

That's true and they killed many Americans, white and black for support the civil rights, also they lynched a lot of black people and carpetbagger white people. They bombed the churches too.

What do you mean "one even both a president and a supreme court justice at the same time"? A person can't be a US President and Supreme Court Justice at the same time. Did you mean something else?

Could the meaning intended be that we had a President and a Supreme Court Justice both of whom were members at the same time in history. But . . . it was two different individuals?

Also, could the reference be not to positive contributions but to the fact that they influenced our history?

Five Presidents were rumored to have KKK connections but only one paid $10 to the Klan but never joined.

Democrat Senator Robert Byrd, yes.

Democrat Senator (and later Supreme Court Justice) Hugo Black was a member for a couple years.

Democrat Senator Theodore G. Bilbo was a Klan member.

Republican governor of Colorado, Clarence Morley, was a member.

Democrat governor of Alabama, Bibb Graves, was a member.

Democrat governor of Georgia, Clifford Walker, was a member.

Democrat Congressman of Tennessee, George Gordon, became one of the Klan's first members. In 1867, Gordon became the Klan's first Grand Dragon for the Realm of Tennessee, and wrote its "Precept," a book describing its organization, purpose, and principles.

Independent John Clinton Porter was a member of the Klan in the early 1920s, but was no longer a member when he was elected mayor of Los Angeles in 1928.

Democrat mayor of Denver, Benjamin Stapleton, was a Klan member in the early 1920s and appointed fellow Klansmen to most positions in municipal government.

right.
its not rumor regarding those five presidents. we know as fact hugo black was a member, he made no secret of it in alabama where he made anti catholic speeches and let everyone know he was a member.
that's not rumor.
yes your correct re the same time i meant to state same time as in the klan, but that may be not true. he is remembered for being a strong supporter of civil liberties his extreme anti catholism besides.

i don't think its a wild question if an organization of any country has had as past member s five presidents or 5 of its leaders...
what can we make of this?
it means that org at one time had some heavy hitters. id state the same for canada if an organization had as past members five prime ministers...
in its ranks.

yes they are a hate group. and they want to help keep up roads where they are..
i see nothing wrong with any one contributing if thats it, if they wanted to clean up the trash too sure..
if they wanted to have their own soup kitchens why not?
if they wanted to do a sick kids drive go for it, after all outlaw bikers do that all the time. whats the issue?

like them or not they have been a rather large part of american history with 5 presidents as former members...
thats hard to ignore.

how many other orgs can claim that anyway?

prob masons...
who else?
its easy to dismiss them now, but history is history.

look. i'm at the top of their hate list, im a half breed Deafie with gypsie blood.
so dont mistake where im coming from

Last edited:
I can't really see where they contributed to the U.S. Gov. other than promoting hate and killing a lot of innocent people that their only crime was being born with the wrong color of skin in the eyes of these morally bankrupt hate filled people.

at the time they among themselves anwyay called it a million man march..

alright a measly 25,00 to 40,00

5 of your presidents were members of those guys, they doned the robes, lit the crosses and god knows what else they did to horses or cows in the stables...

we cant ignore that
again if any organizations had 5 prime ministers as members in canadian history that also shouldn't be ignored and
what positive contribution whell...
what did those 5 men who were members do for america anyway?

President William McKinley, from Ohio, was a member of the KKK. He served in office from 1897 to 1901.

President Woodrow Wilson was in office from 1913 to 1921, for the whole of the war and its immediate aftermath. He was also a member of the KKK.

Warren G. Harding was President from 1921 to 1923, and died in office. Harding was purportedly sworn into the KKK while in the White House.

Calvin Coolidge, President of the United States, served in office from 1923 to 1929 and was an active KKK member.

Harry S. Truman was President from 1945 to 1953. Truman was a KKK member for about two years, but fell out with the group because he believed Roman Catholics should be allowed to be in politics.

interesting bolded part

well there is mount rushmore.

The artist who created Mount Rushmore, Gutzon Borglum, was an active member of the KKK. He reportedly served on one of their councils. When his involvement with the group came to light later, he publicly denounced the KKK.

he denounced them
but he still was one of them.

I thought I remembered some issues that resulted in them having an area around St. Louis years ago. In searching I found this http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=93638. It seems it started in the 1990's and now this past spring they were getting kicked out for not doing the cleanup!

I thought I remembered some issues that resulted in them having an area around St. Louis years ago. In searching I found this http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=93638. It seems it started in the 1990's and now this past spring they were getting kicked out for not doing the cleanup!

there you go.
if anyone org of Americans wants to contribute to keeping the park clean or taking the trash out or whatever so be it.
if they cant keep their end
tough
kick em out
just like anything really

Back