kids follow your example

What would you choice?

• Yes, I want kids be same as me - drink beer and/or smoking.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I want kids become a good deep.

Votes: 20 71.4%
  • Maybe, depend kids' decide.

Votes: 8 28.6%

• Total voters

illustrator

Reaction score
Do you show the role model to kids?

I have never used drugs in my life....

I don't drink

I Graduated of High School in 1988.

I have a job.

I support My children

If you teach ur children the Right path In Life.. Then Your'e a good Role Model for your children.

Cheri said:
I have never used drugs in my life....

I don't drink

I Graduated of High School in 1988.

I have a job.

I support My children

If you teach ur children the Right path In Life.. Then Your'e a good Role Model for your children.

Do you know what role model mean? It doesn't mean we use our speak to children. Kids simple look at us what or who we are.

illustrator said:
Do you know what role model mean? It doesn't mean we use our speak to children. Kids simple look at us what or who we are.

Role Model means u look up to someone Yes and I do not see myself as a bad role model if you think otherwise name it! list it! U have no children so what make u think u know everything? Nobody is perfect people makes mistake and I know not all children grew up to be perfect like you want them to be. U should know this.

I don't use drugs...

I do drink once a while.. like once a month at deaf club ( my son can't come with me ofc)

I do drink beer at parents house once a while (my son do watch me drink beer oh well)

I graduated 1998..

I want my son to be like a good man.. don't do drugs, don't drink :D

Cheri said:
Role Model means u look up to someone Yes and I do not see myself as a bad role model if you think otherwise name it! list it! U have no children so what make u think u know everything? Nobody is perfect people makes mistake and I know not all children grew up to be perfect like you want them to be. U should know this.

not your children. All kids. Your "students", your appericate.

Parents are the teachers to their children. Oh, yeah children watch their parents what they do and what say to others.

I just hope my future kids won't turn out like my parents... :eek:
I just want them to try their best and stay true to themselves.

I AM GOING TO RAISE MY KIDS TO BE A BUNCH OF BOHEMIANS! YESSIRE! THEY WOULD BE THE FUTURE PISCASSO, DEGAS AND VAN GOGH- with no depression and sucidial thoughts.... :eek:

illustrator said:
not your children. All kids. Your "students", your appericate.

What u mean all kids? I Am not a teacher that teaches Children at Schools.. They have their own parents and the Parents raise their children their way.. I am not going to tell them how to raise their children.

Cheri said:
What u mean all kids? I Am not a teacher that teaches Children at Schools.. They have their own parents and the Parents raise their children their way.. I am not going to tell them how to raise their children.

I don't think you understand.

Kids SIMPLE LOOK at us.

They don't listen us - just see. Understand? No matter, student... your kids... your niece/nephew, and in public at playground, etc...

illustrator said:
Do you show the role model to kids?

yes, i educated them and do good. When they became 18 or 21, they make their decison, not mine as long as they have good knowledge and all that. :ugh2:

I remember loving my parents as a child, but my role model was my Grandma.

I do believe children look up to their parents. It doesn't mean the child will pick up bad habits, such as smoking, drinking, drugs, or cussing from them, they sometimes do the opposite.

My father was an alcoholic/Cusser. Yes, I did drink in my teen years, but never like my dad. When I became a mother, I stopped drinking. As for cussing, kids do that, if they don't pick it up from their parents, it'll be from the school yard. I do cuss, but around my own friends, not in front of my family.

My mother had an overeating problem. I used to watch her sit on the couch pigging out on whatever she could get her hands on. I swore I would never do that, and I still haven't.
My mother was also a very warm hearted woman, she spent a lot of time teaching me ASL and how to talk. I remember hoping that I could one day be as kind and compassionate as her.

Children can learn from their parents by example. Ultimately kids grow up, and have to take responsibility for their own actions, regardless of how good or bad their parents were.

Now that I have a family of my own, I want to raise my children the best way I can.

Ginette said:
I remember loving my parents as a child, but my role model was my Grandma.

I do believe children look up to their parents. It doesn't mean the child will pick up bad habits, such as smoking, drinking, drugs, or cussing from them, they sometimes do the opposite.

My father was an alcoholic/Cusser. Yes, I did drink in my teen years, but never like my dad. When I became a mother, I stopped drinking. As for cussing, kids do that, if they don't pick it up from their parents, it'll be from the school yard. I do cuss, but around my own friends, not in front of my family.

My mother had an overeating problem. I used to watch her sit on the couch pigging out on whatever she could get her hands on. I swore I would never do that, and I still haven't.
My mother was also a very warm hearted woman, she spent a lot of time teaching me ASL and how to talk. I remember hoping that I could one day be as kind and compassionate as her.

Children can learn from their parents by example. Ultimately kids grow up, and have to take responsibility for their own actions, regardless of how good or bad their parents were.

Now that I have a family of my own, I want to raise my children the best way I can.

Thank you for give a good example.
Cheri, it's what role model does.

I am sure Cheri know What Role Model Does.....

^Angel^ said:
I am sure Cheri know What Role Model Does.....

Yep, I'm confident she does, too. Cheri is a wonderful woman and an outstanding mother. I haven't known her long, or Angel either, but I can tell that their kids are their LIFE!

You know, all we can guarantee is that we always try to be the absolute best person we can be. NO ONE is perfect. I don't believe that there's such a thing as a perfect role model, either...take some rich and famous guy, great looks, great job, lots of money and EVERYONE likes him...but uh-oh, he smokes weed at 2am and sleeps with a different woman every night. We may see things we like in other people, but hey, there's always crap that we don't know, isn't there? So all we really can do is TRY to correct the things we do around our own children. Our kids will see that and hopefully become better people than we are. That's all I want for mine.

Milkshake, anyone? :-D

Malfoyish

Have good role ready before go ahead to spend time with kids (either relative or not). Sometime, kids ask you various of question. Make u have more time to consider and cautious how to say before answering to the kid's question. Some questions the kids asked me. Make me pause and think how to answer in right away instead of bad influence, doubt, or blame.

How can u answer to the kid's question like What is "Fuck" ?

Sometime kids ask adult for advice or question about why did adults doing. Bearing with kids for trying to uddy people, the world and many things by answers with valid points in positive way not negative. That why they need us as show the role model to them.

Absolutely, That what Parents are there for!....

Good Post Lasza !.... :D

Malfoyish said:
Yep, I'm confident she does, too. Cheri is a wonderful woman and an outstanding mother. I haven't known her long, or Angel either, but I can tell that their kids are their LIFE!

awww....U got that Right Malfoyish!.. :kiss: ..And Same goes for ya too! ;)

Milkshake, anyone? :-D

:rofl: ...

illustrator said:
I don't think you understand.

Kids SIMPLE LOOK at us.

They don't listen us - just see. Understand? No matter, student... your kids... your niece/nephew, and in public at playground, etc...

Looks like you might not understand her either Illustrator. No offense! :) Everyone is entitled to her and his own definition of a role model. This is a good thread you started.

My hubby and I aren't want our children extactly like us future.. We want provider our children will become better future and wonderful too.

All we want them correct example not follow other pressure children.
That's all, as our concerns. :)

Back