Just curious about Hulk's skin color...

Steel X

Reaction score
I'm just curious...you know when Hulk was first created, his orginal skin color was gray (no kidding) and now it's green so i'm wondering...why GREEN? what makes him turn green after he unleash his fury and "morph" into the Hulk...? please dont consider me racist or anything lol just curious

no, i knew hulk long time ago, he is hard of hearing, he went to school with me.....PSST, he was in deaf school (st. francis school for the deaf in brooklyn, ny) when our class went to his movie scence, fuck, we were scared of shit, anyway, i see the green. it's light green, now new hulk, it's normal green.

he didn't actually went school WITH ME, but he went there where i went and my teacher taught him long time ago. that's how.

uh am i talking about what KIND of green?

NO. I'm asking WHY is he green?

HOW and WHY does his skin turn green when he gets angry?

why not red? yellow? black? etc...

The original Hulk suppose to be gray. Until, the creator of writer/artist decide to change green because they thought it's look good. Nothing special meant. :roll:

That is a good question why the creator of writer/artist prefer green. i think Green is a neat color for HULK. Red makes Hulk look meaner and bad person but Hulk isn't. Blue makes Hulk look like depressed which Hulk isn't I guess Green fits color on Hulk. Orange would make Hulk look like ape which Hulk isn't. Hey that's my wild guesses.

Originally posted by illustrator
The original Hulk suppose to be gray. Until, the creator of writer/artist decide to change green because they thought it's look good. Nothing special meant. :roll:
You said Stan Lee is the writer...not the artist right? well then who was the artist of the orginal Hulk?

Originally posted by Steel
You said Stan Lee is the writer...not the artist right? well then who was the artist of the orginal Hulk?

I never say Stan Lee.

Originally posted by deafclimber
maybe green hulk loves enviroment like green thumb. :)

Far out ! Eric :D

The color of green Hulk make more fascination for the audience. Especially children with their image how strong and big Hulk is.

My older son meet Lou last fall. He knows a little bit sign language and nice person. He was surprised to see my son sign. Lou asked him, how did he know. He said, "my Parents are Deaf." :)

I am looking forward to seeing this new movie,"Hulk" Is your daughter looking forward to seeing it too?

~ Sabrina

Originally posted by Sabrina
Far out ! Eric :D

I am looking forward to seeing this new movie,"Hulk" Is your daughter looking forward to seeing it too?

~ Sabrina

i dunno. she never mentions me about hulk. maybe too young to understand hulk.. maybe she prefers 'hulk' kids.

in facts, she is crazy about 'spiderman' :shock: she usually has some fantasies like when she pretends being spiderwoman. she goes like 'slushhhhh' 'slusshhh' when she shoots the web line out of her wrists. :laugh2: sometimes she acts spiderman when she climbs or jumps on rocks. i will send u some pixes of her being spiderman on rock. she has a great sense of humors. :)

I remember seeing red Hulk, green Hulk, and gray Hulk. I don't remember where though.

you proably seen those in Marvel vs. Capcom the videogame on Sega Dreamcast lol

Originally posted by Steel
you proably seen those in Marvel vs. Capcom the videogame on Sega Dreamcast lol
Har har har... Actually, I have seen those somewhere else. Perhaps a comic book or game but not Marvel vs Capcom.

Well, the gray one is show the Hulk more calm and more smarter. The green one show the Hulk is more fury and just like hell got broken away...like Nothing Can Stop The INCREDIBLE HULK!"

My point is...Hulk have two colors: gray and green. He changed back to each other for some reason but I think it's depends on Bruce Banner's personality. It's just my 2-cent opinion.

Last edited:
Originally posted by LeviathanC
Well, the gray one is show the Hulk more calm and more smarter. The green one show the Hulk is more fury and just like hell got broken away...like Nothing Can Stop The INCREDIBLE HULK!"

My point is...Hulk have two colors: gray and color. He changed back to each other for some reason but I think it's depends on Bruce Banner's personality. It's just my 2-cent opinion.

Nice point! :D

Yea, I have read the comic book about that....and I understand about gray and green colored.

Back