Just because I am Deaf you won't take my calls?

JennyB

Reaction score
Hey all,

So I am waiting in my apartment for a guy from the rental company to come and install my strobe light fire alarm. I had received several voice calls from him to both my land line and my cell phone. I couldn't figure out for the life of me what the number was so I finally made a relay call to it and he told me he would be here in 30 minutes so I "better be in my apartment" and then hung up. I had already typed that in the future he should use relay service to make calls to me but he had already disconnected. The relay operator called back and he said hello, realized it was relay again and hung up. I considered making the relay operator call back again but decided against it, assuming that I can tell him off myself once he gets her. It has been over 30 minutes now and I am still waiting...I needed to rant because I have had more problems with people not taking my relay calls in the last few days than ever before. It is starting to really bother me.

Anyway, that is my rant...

I know exactly how you feel. I've had companies that hung up on me before too a couple times already. What I do is keep calling back, and if that party hung up again, I drive up to their store and bitched them out. It wasn't a pretty picture. :laugh2:

I know exactly how you feel. I've had companies that hung up on me before too a couple times already. What I do is keep calling back, and if that party hung up again, I drive up to their store and bitched them out. It wasn't a pretty picture. :laugh2:

Yeah, That has happened to me too. When they keep hanging up on me - I, too, go down to the store to tell them off. Usually when I tell them off, They came to realize that it was an actual call and apologized for it.

At one time, I was ordering the pizza through the relay. Well, the pizza delivery was supposed to be here within 30 mins and they never did show up. So, I tried to call to find out what is going on. They kept hanging up on me like after 2 or 3 times. That was just enough for me to get steamed. I went over there and demanded to see the manager. The manager was apologetic and he said I did order the pizza but it was never delivered. So, in the end, I got a free pizza and also a coupon for free pizza for the next order. :-D

So, Jenny - I totally can relate u on that. It just makes you want to yell at them doesn't it? Heh.

At one time, I was ordering the pizza through the relay. Well, the pizza delivery was supposed to be here within 30 mins and they never did show up. So, I tried to call to find out what is going on. They kept hanging up on me like after 2 or 3 times. That was just enough for me to get steamed. I went over there and demanded to see the manager. The manager was apologetic and he said I did order the pizza but it was never delivered. So, in the end, I got a free pizza and also a coupon for free pizza for the next order. :-D
:shock: OMG! Your story is similar to mine. In my case it was Pizza Hut, I waited two hours for my pizza, they told me it'll be deliver in 30 to 45 minutes, when I called them back, they kept hunging up on me, it got me to a place where I want to go up there and give them a piece of my mind, which I did, and I found out the driver got lost finding my place of home, how?? It was easy to find. I received a free pizza that night after going up there and talked to the manager. ;)

My family knows about the relay. And I explained to my friends and my cousin what the relay does so they don't get hanged up on me while i'm trying to make a call. But the funny thing is when my cousin found out about it, (i'm almost 15) and he's 4 years older than me or 6 years older (he's a sophmore in college now) and we used to make prank calls to my other cousin (his brother) on his cellphone without using our voice and use the operator's voice. It was funny. My other cousin who is 3 years older than me, brother to the oldest cousin of mine would do the same thing back. IF you're having someone coming to the house to install something or fix something you could explain to them what the relay is so they wouldn't have to keep hanging up on you while you're trying to make a call. Because I know taht some people think with the relay its the wrong number and will just hang up on you. That's what i think. You probably would do the same. But i'm just saying.

They think relay is trying to sell them something, they don't give relay operator a chance to explain what this system is use for, as I know the relay services do identify themselves. When I get hungs up like this, I would request that the relay operator to not identify as a relay operator, so I can tell them off first, then identify who you are, and the operator will do as I say, then the caller on the other end will apologized, but not always sometimes the caller on the other end has no patient to take relay calls because it takes up all their time, well too bad suck it up. :thumb:

So the guy finally showed up, 4 hours later, denied that it was him who I spoke with and then left without putting up my fire alarm and told me he would be back later. He is still not back...I am going to set my audiologist on him if he is not careful. She is much meaner than me...and she will write a letter to the company if that is what is required explaining the importance of such ALD's for my safety. Or....perhaps....Canadian Hearing Society. They do advocacy and stuff. Hmm..Yes that is what I shall do. Time to write some emails!

So the guy finally showed up, 4 hours later, denied that it was him who I spoke with and then left without putting up my fire alarm and told me he would be back later. He is still not back...I am going to set my audiologist on him if he is not careful. She is much meaner than me...and she will write a letter to the company if that is what is required explaining the importance of such ALD's for my safety. Or....perhaps....Canadian Hearing Society. They do advocacy and stuff. Hmm..Yes that is what I shall do. Time to write some emails!

This man needs to get shouted at. Just shout at him as you can, he deserve all the shit you can give.

Hey all,

So I am waiting in my apartment for a guy from the rental company to come and install my strobe light fire alarm. I had received several voice calls from him to both my land line and my cell phone. I couldn't figure out for the life of me what the number was so I finally made a relay call to it and he told me he would be here in 30 minutes so I "better be in my apartment" and then hung up. I had already typed that in the future he should use relay service to make calls to me but he had already disconnected. The relay operator called back and he said hello, realized it was relay again and hung up. I considered making the relay operator call back again but decided against it, assuming that I can tell him off myself once he gets her. It has been over 30 minutes now and I am still waiting...I needed to rant because I have had more problems with people not taking my relay calls in the last few days than ever before. It is starting to really bother me.

Anyway, that is my rant...

Been there got the Tee shirt! They are so stupid to expect us deaf people to recieve phone calls when we CAN'T hear them talking!!! I had been through alot of Shit with them in the end I demanded them to come the next day after i have finished work or i will call the disablity discrimination Act (DDA) (i already lost 3 days paid work for the days they didn't turn up when they are supposed to)
They did eventually come on the day i expected them to, they never spoke a word of apology, didn't put my fitted carpets down properly (when they installed loop system), damaged my lamp. I had to write a long letter to social services about this, the lady wrote back apologising but didn't get my carpet sorted or replace the lamp.

He finally came back with a ladder, got up on it, took down the existing fire alarm only to see that it is not hard wired so he can't put mine up. It is against the law in Ontario to not have a hard wired fire alarm in tenant occupied areas...

He said he would get an electrician in to put it up but I am not holding my breath on that one. I have already sent an email to Canadian Hearing Society requesting advocacy support. Depending on what comes of it I will speak with my audiologist as well and get her to write a letter.

He left my apartment without telling me and left a big mess of plaster all over my floor which I just swept up. I am mad...very very mad...

He finally came back with a ladder, got up on it, took down the existing fire alarm only to see that it is not hard wired so he can't put mine up. It is against the law in Ontario to not have a hard wired fire alarm in tenant occupied areas...

He said he would get an electrician in to put it up but I am not holding my breath on that one. I have already sent an email to Canadian Hearing Society requesting advocacy support. Depending on what comes of it I will speak with my audiologist as well and get her to write a letter.

He left my apartment without telling me and left a big mess of plaster all over my floor which I just swept up. I am mad...very very mad...

What an asshole..

Why didn't you take me with you? as I would have loved to have seen that! :popcorn: :lol:

I would have been, too! :pissed: ... and fancy leaving all that mess behind for you as well!
headbanging.gif

Go for it and write that letter!

OMG... you all were lucky to get free pizza... Pizza Hut is about one mile away from me... I had no problem calling to order pizza... they did delivered... i had to pay... huh .. LOL

Back