John Ritter, Three's Company star Died

KingCobra

Reaction score
From CNN Website

Emmy-winning actor John Ritter dead at 54
Friday, September 12, 2003 Posted: 5:22 AM EDT (0922 GMT)

Ritter would have turned 55 next week.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Story Tools

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(CNN) -- Actor and comedian John Ritter has died unexpectedly after he was rushed to the hospital for a "dissection of the aorta," his publicist Lisa Kasteler told CNN.

Ritter, who would have turned 55 next week, was the star of the ABC series "8 Simple Rules for Dating My Teenage Daughter."

In a statement, Kasteler said Ritter was rushed to the hospital after suffering from an unrecognized and undetected flaw in his aorta.

Surgeons at the hospital tried to save the Emmy Award-winning actor but were unable to do so, the statement said.

WebMD.com described an aortic dissection as "an abnormal separation of tissues within the walls of the aorta" caused by high blood pressure, family history of the condition, disease of connective tissue, or severe trauma to the chest.

"Aortic dissection results in a weakened blood vessel wall that may also rupture," the Web site says.

Ritter was best known for his role as Jack Tripper on the long-running television sitcom, "Three's Company."

He was the youngest son of Western film star and country music legend Tex Ritter, according to his biography on ABC's Web site.

John Ritter was born on September 17, 1948. He is survived by his wife, Amy Yasbeck, and their daughter, Stella, and three children -- Carly, Tyler and Jason -- from his first marriage to Nancy Morgan.

Sources from CNN Website

Hi Folks!

Again, I am in shock to learn that one of my favorite TV actors passed away last night. Mr. Ritter was wonderful and hilarious in the hit series, "Three's Company" which is one of my all-time favorite TV comedy programs.

I am still watching "Three's Company" in its rerun on my satellite dish. It is hard to believe to see John be gone too early.

You will be very much missed, Jack Tripper and just be careful when you walk and run around the heaven. ;)

Rest in Peace, John.

OH MY GOD! i can't belive this! another actor and in just three months apart! im in TOTAL shock! WHOA! like i have said many times over LIFE's TOO SHORT! rest in peace jack!

I'm in shock, too. He was an amazing actor -- do dearly remember him as Jack Tripper in 'Three's Company' -- he played 'Ben Hanscom' as the adult in Stephen King's 'IT' in 1990.
I was surpised hear that he was married to Amy Yasbeck -- she was in 'Wings' and several other tv shows and movies as well.
R.I.P. John Ritter. He will be badly missed. :(

John Ritter is my favorite actor. I always watched T.V. Three Company in 1970's.

We have to be careful what we eat. High blood pressure and choler can cause heart attack. We need to avoid salty and fatty food.

It can happen to anyone with unexpectly :(

Damn! I was just watching his show a couple weeks ago on television... Stephen King's IT. Wow, another good guy gone? What is this world coming to?

Dang!!.. they just talked about coming back "reunion the three company" *sigh*... He will be greatly missed.. and he's the best..

Rest his soul!!

I didn't see that on the news, i must be so behind geez! Yeah he was one of those good actors. RIP

I know I'll miss John Ritter for his acting.. he has perfected the art of comedic perving!!! He was amazing in "Three's Company" with his roomie squabbles, comedic perving and klutzy walking. He was so easy to lip-read before there were any closed-captioning!!! When there the closed-captioned episodes surfaced.. I dedicated my free time to "Three's Company"..

Come and knock on our door ...
We've been waiting for you ...
Where the kisses are hers and hers and his,
Three's company too.

Come and dance on on our floor...
Take a step that is new ...
We've a loveable space that needs your face,
Three's company too.

You'll see that life is a frolic and laughter is calling for you ...
Down at our rendez-vous,
Three's company, too!

This is for you, John Ritter... Rest In Peace!! Thanks for the slapstick comedy...

:shock: I love him lot when he played in Three's Company. He always funny guy and one of my favorite actors. Dang!! He is gone now. :(

Johnny Cash dies, too! Wow!

Holy crap! I interviewed him a few years ago when I was in Wisconsin... he was such a fun guy....

In Loving Memory of John Ritter.
September 17, 1948 - September 11, 2003.

very sad, my heart is out to his familes and friends. :(
he will be always REMEMBERED! :)

daprilz said:
In Loving Memory of John Ritter.
September 17, 1948 - September 11, 2003.

very sad, my heart is out to his familes and friends. :(
he will be always REMEMBERED! :)

dont ya know that - he died on his daughter's 5th birthday plus his birthday is in 5 days! its heartbroken. :( he will be peaceful in his soul!

How horrible!! He died on his daughter's 5th birthday!! My heart goes to his family members.

John is the most hilarious comedy actor. I loved seeing him acting in the Three's Company sitcom. God bless his soul!! Thanks for memories!! :tears:

he is my fav actor

i m soo sorry to hear abt him. John ritter is my favorite actor. i love show 3 company and he played in chid problem 1 and 2. it very funny!!! i gonna miss him so much. he is in heaven. god bless him. everyone gonna miss him.

Actor John Ritter laid to rest

AFP - US television star and comedian John Ritter was laid to rest at a private funeral, less than four days after dying suddenly of an undiagnosed heart ailment, his publicist said.

The Emmy Award-winning actor, who was best known for his starring role in the 1970s and 80 TV show Three's Company, died suddenly on Thursday at the age of 54 after collapsing on the set of his latest small screen comedy.

Ritter also appears in the film Mercenary, seen this month on Australian Pay TV's Movie Extra channel.

His publicist Lisa Kasteler declined to reveal details of the service attended by friends and family but said a larger memorial service was being planned for the popular star whose death was being mourned by Hollywood.

Ritter died in hospital as a result of a leaking heart valve, known as an aortic dissection, after being rushed from the nearby set of his sitcom, 8 Simple Rules For Dating My Teenage Daughter.

Officials at the ABC television network said no decision had yet been made on the fate of the series, which is entering its second year and which had been scheduled to resume US transmission later this month.

Funnyman Ritter left his wife of four years, actress Amy Yasbeck, as well as four children from two marriages.

©AAP 2003

Back