Jobs Act

TXgolfer

Dream Weaver
Premium Member
Reaction score
:laugh2: 5 weeks of waiting for a "plan" and we get a a few vague ideas with no way to pay for it. Oh yeah he is going to tell us how it we be paid for next week. Is he waiting to check the lotto numbers?

What did y'all think of the Georgia program? I liked that idea.

That is probably the best part. There are a few good elements but nothing original. Hardly worth the build up or wait. Few details and no way to pay for it. The only hint is raising taxes on the rich which he has said since day one. He didn't get that through in the first 2 years.....good luck getting it through now

That is probably the best part. There are a few good elements but nothing original. Hardly worth the build up or wait. Few details and no way to pay for it. The only hint is raising taxes on the rich which he has said since day one. He didn't get that through in the first 2 years.....good luck getting it through now

Build up?? Wait??

Was there a delay that I was unaware of?

Let's be honest here, there is really nothing ANY President would have said that made most people happy in recession. Anything that sounds remotely depressing is an asshole. Anything that sounds remotely happy is delusional. Anything that sounds off the topic/weak/etc is a horrible Prez. Anything that was too strong is a dictator.

Build up?? Wait??

Was there a delay that I was unaware of?

Let's be honest here, there is really nothing ANY President would have said that made most people happy in recession. Anything that sounds remotely depressing is an asshole. Anything that sounds remotely happy is delusional. Anything that sounds off the topic/weak/etc is a horrible Prez. Anything that was too strong is a dictator.

Well, this is the "plan" he has promised for 5 weeks. He said he was working on a specific plan. :dunno: seems a specific plan would include how it would be paid for. Not to mention this wasn't just an address in the oval office. He called a joint session of congress together for this. That is usually reserved for big things. Instead what we got was a synopsis of a future bill. And a political pep rally.

It will be fun to watch what happens from here on

Unfortunately, Obama is member of Republican Party now.

Congratulation to him for other Bush's clone term. :lol:

I'm actually surprised by FB statuses on my news feed. My friends who are notorious for bashing/hating Obama are ACTUALLY saying stuff like "Well, the speech wasn't that bad. He finally used common sense. Hope this bill passes." and other positive things. Honestly, to me, both sides working together is more important than anything. I'm awfully tired of automatic backlash of anything that doesn't come out of their own party's mouth, nothing gets done this way. Nothing being done is way worse than a bad thing being done. IMO.

His talk is nothing to me. I'm sick and tired of Congress. We all pay them to do the job and they failed to do expected job for the nation. In business world, if one not doing job as expected will result being terminated. Why can't this apply to Congress? There is no damn excuse for congress not doing anything for our nation.

Based on how people praise or bash the President in regards to what's going on with the nation, it would seem that we assume that HE has ALL the power......

Me thinks Congress has a lot more power, but it's hard to demonize a group of people, especially when we don't even know most of their names or even what they stand for.

Based on how people praise or bash the President in regards to what's going on with the nation, it would seem that we assume that HE has ALL the power......

Me thinks Congress has a lot more power, but it's hard to demonize a group of people, especially when we don't even know most of their names or even what they stand for.

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

I've been screaming at the top of my lungs for years that people are voting without knowing nothing about the person they are voting for. Allowing the straight party ticket has destroyed the principe of voting and the two party system we have is "buying" elections.

Everyone should be independent and fully know who they are voting for.

His talk is nothing to me. I'm sick and tired of Congress. We all pay them to do the job and they failed to do expected job for the nation. In business world, if one not doing job as expected will result being terminated. Why can't this apply to Congress? There is no damn excuse for congress not doing anything for our nation.
Because they get paid more from special interests. It's all a popularity contest. Look at all the "running' for 2012 and it's not even Nov 2011. And I hate the fact that other states get to decide who will be running in my state's primaries (because the one's who do bad in the other states drop out before then). I think national primaries/caucuses should be held on the same day, just like the national elections.
Ok, I'm outta here. I rarely talk politics because it's so polarized. :wave:

Hmm.... Looks like the US Chamber of Commerce and Wall ST are not too happy with the speech.

@DD. He brings alot of that on himself. Remember it was obama who said if you pass this stimulus unemployment will not exceed 8%. Congress (controlled by democrats) did what he asked. It was also obama who gave the "I'm responsible speech at the beginning of his term stating that if the economy didn't improve in 3 years he would be a one term President.

And it was obama that invited Immelt to sit next to his wife during the speech. The guy just sent a ton of jobs to China and he is on obamas Jobs Council. :lol:

well shall all seee what this whole thing transpires to once the job markets in it place with all these promises to business they get tax breaks to hire people and etc. the list goes on but the real question is if congress the govenment saying cut spending then they use the spending to create jobs well the people who get jobs will see that big chug of it taken out to put the money back in the governments funds you watch no one gonna get more money taken home like they say . even if they telling people you pay half of social security rest you get to take home but wait! the other half will go into the government funding for jobs. you watch who stupid enough to believe the government?

Back